Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm sorry you are so limited that Ripley-Oh doesn't appeal to you. Perhaps, through struggle, you may one day possess... a soul.

It's more the little man sitting I the seat that looks a bit odd. Also while I was looking up a picture, I found a report that the head writer on the show had a hand in Go Busters vs Go Busters so I've just moved up a notch on the excitement front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Not sold on the main bot, but I actually like the looks of the separate mecha. They're varied and pretty distinct in design.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Wanmaru is great. I don't care at all for Pink Ressha II, but goddamn do I want a loving Bichonzord.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Wanmaru is great. I don't care at all for Pink Ressha II, but goddamn do I want a loving Bichonzord.

Can someone translate this?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

The Ninninjer dragon zord is great. I don't care at all for white ninja's zord which is a train, but goddamn do I want a loving lap dog zord.

I'm so confused.

For reference, here are the zord reveals so far

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

Can someone translate this?

Wanmaru is the name of the dog zord controlled by the White ranger which is based on a breed of dog called a Bichon and the Pink ranger has Byunmaru, a train(ressha being the Japanese word for train, it's used a lot in ToQger). For reference Red owns Shinobimaru, the robot that pilots the main Megazord, Blue has Dragomaru, a Dragon and Yellow gets Dampmaru(or possibly Dumpmaru, I'm just going by what the wiki says), a Dump Truck. It seems like they've got at least one of every major sentai mech type this time for some reason rather than focusing on just animals/humanoid robots like the previous ninja seasons.

Also, it looks like they're going by the japanese words for their colors rather than english ones for the first time since Goranger (IE: Akaninger, Momoninger, etc.) most likely in reference to this technically being the 40th year of the Sentai franchise despite the Ninningers being the 39th team (Goranger ran for two seasons).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 28, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I didn't really care much about the little robot piloting the big robot until I realized the little head is still the big head. That's adorably awkward.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Started watching Lost Galaxy, I love how the soldier uniforms are the ones from Starship Troopers. The first episode reminds me a lot of Starship Troopers too.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Extended trailer for Dino Charge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRlLDmxIrwY

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Have they said what the official start date for this is going to be yet? It's looking like a huge step up from the previous 2 seasons at least what with an original villian and a theme song with actual lyrics.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Wait, is the mentor that lady that gave the crystal thing? or is she just an assistant to the mentor? It'd be sick as hell to have a female mentor.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Wait, is the mentor that lady that gave the crystal thing? or is she just an assistant to the mentor? It'd be sick as hell to have a female mentor.

Probably just the assistant and the one who ends up as the Violet Ranger eventually.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I REALLY want it to be Hayley, but that ain't happening :sigh:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

I didn't really care much about the little robot piloting the big robot until I realized the little head is still the big head. That's adorably awkward.

Looking at this again, the thing that gets me is that it seems to have a completely redundant arm sticking off the back of the train.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

That's the other leg. Byunmaru is both legs; Wanmaru merely sits in the giant hole in the left leg's shin.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

I just realised, looking over the trailer again, not only do they have an original villain, but also, original footage of him alongside some of the villain suits from Kyoryuger. So we might... also get original villain footage in their base? I mean, dude's got a spaceship, so I doubt they'll be able to as easily use the Deboss base with its internal organ aesthetic.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Astro Nut posted:

I just realised, looking over the trailer again, not only do they have an original villain, but also, original footage of him alongside some of the villain suits from Kyoryuger. So we might... also get original villain footage in their base? I mean, dude's got a spaceship, so I doubt they'll be able to as easily use the Deboss base with its internal organ aesthetic.

It's been a while since we've had original villain footage in their base. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done since RPM.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

I would assume so. What a bounty hunter has to do with trying to destroy a planet is kinda beside the point, but the interior of his ship in the preview shows a completely different aesthetic that's not exactly inspiring. They're is a distinct lack of Torin too so once the Silver Ranger comes around they'll have to make new out of suit footage

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Maybe he's loving up the planet to draw his target out or something like that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Testekill posted:

Maybe he's loving up the planet to draw his target out or something like that.
Maybe Rita's back and just wants to see the whole drat planet glassed.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

AHHHHH! After 131,000 hours, I'm free (of goodness)! It's time to conquer loving obliterate Earth!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Poison Mushroom posted:

Actually the head is one of the gimmick shurikens. There's gonna be two packed in, one for the red zord in the center and one for the dragon zord in the center. On the red one, it has a faceplate that flips down to cover the red zord head. Same thing with the elephant and UFO, shurikens become the heads. The big cylindrical piece on the top of them will house the electronics

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Actually the head is one of the gimmick shurikens. There's gonna be two packed in, one for the red zord in the center and one for the dragon zord in the center. On the red one, it has a faceplate that flips down to cover the red zord head. Same thing with the elephant and UFO, shurikens become the heads. The big cylindrical piece on the top of them will house the electronics
The only thing you changed is that now i also imagine the little pilot guy wearing a giant foam helmet/mask.

That doesn't exactly make it LESS awkward/adorable.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm starting to find Dino Charge toys out at retail. As per usual, they're hilariously tiny compared to the Kyoryuger equivalents, but I find myself oddly tempted to pick up the core 5 Zords, just because I really enjoy the design of the base Megazord and the whole arm swapping gimmick.

That said,I'm gonna try to hit up eBay or something first, see if a gently used Kyoryuger set could be had for a reasonable price.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Oddly enough, the torso of the dino charge megazord is only slightly smaller. I got my younger sister the megazord for Christmas and took the opportunity to check it with my Pteraiden-oh. Just barely can't clip on.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
How does SPD compare to Dekaranger? I'm in the middle of Dekaranger now and find it pretty enjoyable.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It is pretty similar but is sorely lacking in the Ayumi Kinoshita department.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

greatn posted:

sorely lacking in the Ayumi Kinoshita department.

This alone can I never forgive

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

The realest post.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 6, 2015

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

greatn posted:

I do really like Jasmine and Umeko. :allears:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Morby posted:

I do really like Jasmine and Umeko. :allears:

Chu Chu Chu Deka Deka

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dr Tran posted:

Chu Chu Chu Deka Deka

I am still amazed at how lazy they got with that song for the movie, holy poo poo. The episode song has like bilingual or at least katakana loan word rhymes and poo poo and then...literally "the movie version" as lyrics wtf.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Dr Tran posted:

Chu Chu Chu Deka Deka

I love the Akibaranger version of that song, sung by Akagi and General Tsuu :allears:

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

I love the Akibaranger version of that song, sung by Akagi and General Tsuu :allears:

The more Sentai I watch, the more I understand Akibaranger.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I got my Zyuranger DVDs today.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If you listen to the opening theme I think you'll find its clearly Jewranger.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dr Tran posted:

I got my Zyuranger DVDs today.

How did you get them so early? Also, how are they?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

jivjov posted:

How did you get them so early? Also, how are they?

Had a Shout coupon I got from a convention, so I ordered direct. They mailed it from LA, so I guess that's why I got it so quick.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

greatn posted:

If you listen to the opening theme I think you'll find its clearly Jewranger.

Hibryu Sentai Jewranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Dr Tran posted:

Had a Shout coupon I got from a convention, so I ordered direct. They mailed it from LA, so I guess that's why I got it so quick.

So is Amazon's release date just 2 and a half weeks delayed for no reason? Cause according to them, the set doesn't even come out til the 17th of February.