Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

do you think i thought you were being serious

you made a funny post and i thought "the gold factory" was the best part, i don't get why you're miffed that i pointed it out :confused:

not miffed, just posting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

duTrieux. posted:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

duTrieux. posted:

oh i see now. whoops!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Manilow#Health

why yes, this is not creepy at all...

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

lol u were reading about barry manilow

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

lol u were reading

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

srsly barry manilow fans are obsessive in a way that puts pubescent justin bieber fans to shame, because they're all middle-aged middle-class white women so have the money and spare time to follow him all round the world instead of just staring at posters

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

north_korea_first_class_lounge.jpg lol

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
thanks you guys :glomp:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

theadder posted:

i'm the coffee-mate

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

im each of the chairs

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

theadder posted:

that drinks fridge looks SICK

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

theadder posted:

im the photographer who cant hold a camera level for two goddam seconds

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Panty Saluter posted:

i loved your work on battlefield earth

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

it's not nice to make fun of the dutch

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

The Leck posted:

i loved your work on battlefield earth

:tipshat:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Panty Saluter posted:

I'm guessing he was trying to be sneaky about taking pictures

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The Porthemmet Beach hoax was a spoof website that was set up by Jonathan Peter Haywood to advertise the "best beach in Cornwall" South West England in 2007. The site claimed that although Cornish people would often pretend not to know it, hiding its true location was an in-joke among locals. It encouraged visitors to say that they were an "emmet"; a person who loved Cornwall. Haywood now lives in Truro, the city of Cornwall, and teaches Mathematics at a local secondary school. However Emmet is a Cornish dialect word for "ant", and has come to be used in Cornwall as a derisory for tourists and visitors, or people who have moved to Cornwall from other parts of the UK. The website's creator, Jonty Haywood (A Cambridge graduate) said he was inspired by a similar hoax about an "Ice Bar" in a Scandinavian city. He denied his motives were "part of a wider agenda to promote Cornish nationalism by poking fun at some of the millions of tourists who help sustain the county's economy"; it was actually about the humour in sending visitors to Cornwall "off to find an imaginary beach". The website featured various words related to Cornwall, such as pasty and chough (the bird of cornwall). It encouraged visitors to use false pronunciations, for instance, the false etymology for the name Porthemmet was said to have derived from the name "Port of Emmet", where Emmet was a Cornish saint, brother of the patron saint of Cornwall, Saint Piran. Along with the website, hoax signs to the beach were also erected around the county. However anyone following the directions ended up leaving Cornwall on the A30 road. In July 2008, a second set of road signs appeared. Haywood later admitted his involvement.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Soricidus posted:

The Porthemmet Beach hoax was a spoof website that was set up by Jonathan Peter Haywood to advertise the "best beach in Cornwall" South West England in 2007. The site claimed that although Cornish people would often pretend not to know it, hiding its true location was an in-joke among locals. It encouraged visitors to say that they were an "emmet"; a person who loved Cornwall. Haywood now lives in Truro, the city of Cornwall, and teaches Mathematics at a local secondary school. However Emmet is a Cornish dialect word for "ant", and has come to be used in Cornwall as a derisory for tourists and visitors, or people who have moved to Cornwall from other parts of the UK. The website's creator, Jonty Haywood (A Cambridge graduate) said he was inspired by a similar hoax about an "Ice Bar" in a Scandinavian city. He denied his motives were "part of a wider agenda to promote Cornish nationalism by poking fun at some of the millions of tourists who help sustain the county's economy"; it was actually about the humour in sending visitors to Cornwall "off to find an imaginary beach". The website featured various words related to Cornwall, such as pasty and chough (the bird of cornwall). It encouraged visitors to use false pronunciations, for instance, the false etymology for the name Porthemmet was said to have derived from the name "Port of Emmet", where Emmet was a Cornish saint, brother of the patron saint of Cornwall, Saint Piran. Along with the website, hoax signs to the beach were also erected around the county. However anyone following the directions ended up leaving Cornwall on the A30 road. In July 2008, a second set of road signs appeared. Haywood later admitted his involvement.

good

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IBM_Personal_System2_Intel_286_computer.ogg

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Man checks blackberry device during the 2010 Flash Crash. Photo taken on May 6th, 2010 at 2:57 pm in midtown Manhattan

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

:eyepop: i know a anna schmidt

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

still haven't gotten around to seeing that movie :(

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I don't see anything wrong with this.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/163885/unnamed-faces-in-my-oven

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Angry Bolt users created a site called Boltsucks.com in response to the message board being taken down during the revamp in 2004. During this time, they created their own badges, including a very vulgar badge for telling off a bolt staff member. After the Bolt message board came back online, participation at Boltsucks.com dwindled and the site eventually failed.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Soricidus posted:

And this is why they'll never be Wales.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirated_movie_release_types

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i should add a reference to the seinfeld episode where jerry turns out to be really good at filming movies in the theater

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Angry Bolt users created a site called Boltsucks.com in response to the message board being taken down during the revamp in 2004. During this time, they created their own badges, including a very vulgar badge for telling off a bolt staff member. After the Bolt message board came back online, participation at Boltsucks.com dwindled and the site eventually failed.

Let's change payments together.