Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Adobe's actual market strategy is to make their product extremely easy to pirate but extremely expensive for companies to use. That way it becomes the industry standard that every artist works in and demands their company let them use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I think I'm the only person that's only used legal copies of Adobe's entire suite my whole life.

Don't ask me any questions about that CAD software I have though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Adobe killed off legitimate keys of older versions of their software to try and force people to subscribe to their Creative Cloud racket. I can't blame people for ripping off your product when you're ripping them off just as much.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
There's a McDonald's ad where a guy stands in an office and talks on a megaphone. It makes no sense, or I'm missing something. There's absolutely nothing funny about it.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Does it seem like every other ad this year is for perfume? I know they crop up a lot more around the holidays, but it seems incredibly excessive this year. I counted 6 unique ones in 1 hour of watching tv earlier tonight.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I GOT TO WORK
ONLY TWELVE SECONDS LATE

SAVED DAN FROM AN EMBARRASSING DATE

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
That commercial where there two guys are playing some dungeon/dragonish game on their handhelds and the focus is on them talking to each other, in I guess the way that whoever makes these commercials thinks people talk when they play video games:

"Quit playing like a n00b kashka(?)"
"Oh u mean like that time you tried to take down some-boss-name with only dick boots and penknife?"
"I KNEW YOU WERE GONNA BRING THAT UP"

Ugh.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

packetmantis posted:

I GOT TO WORK
ONLY TWELVE SECONDS LATE

SAVED DAN FROM AN EMBARRASSING DATE

For some reason the thing that pisses me off the most about those commercials is the way they hold up their hamburgers. It just seems such an unnatural thing to do with a burg. :spergin:

Good to see that they're aiming for their target audience though, mediocre food for mediocre people.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 18, 2014

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kekekela posted:

That commercial where there two guys are playing some dungeon/dragonish game on their handhelds and the focus is on them talking to each other, in I guess the way that whoever makes these commercials thinks people talk when they play video games:

"Oh u mean like that time you tried to take down some-boss-name with only dick boots and penknife?"

Ugh.

Yeah I can't think of any iphone commercials that weren't just loving awful.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Kekekela posted:

Ugh.

It's an iPhone commercial. Since there's no longer any incentive to spend hundreds of dollars for one on the basis of technology, their commercials are now about how their product does things that every other smartphone can do like "take pictures" and "play video games", but I guess it's supposed to be better because they do it over a white background and get Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon to narrate it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I didn't even realize it was those two until someone pointed it out to me. I'm not sure that's money well spent.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Meltathon posted:

I didn't even realize it was those two until someone pointed it out to me. I'm not sure that's money well spent.

Yeah I had no idea either. I kind of wish I was still blissfully ignorant since now I'm gonna think of this dumb poo poo every time I see Fallon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jimmy Fallon's voice is obvious but I didn't recognize Timberlake's.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

raditts posted:

It's an iPhone commercial. Since there's no longer any incentive to spend hundreds of dollars for one on the basis of technology, their commercials are now about how their product does things that every other smartphone can do like "take pictures" and "play video games", but I guess it's supposed to be better because they do it over a white background and get Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon to narrate it.

it's been working for over a decade now so I dunno why they'd stop

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

raditts posted:

To be fair a lot of android devices have trouble doing things like "taking pictures" or "playing video games".

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

computer parts posted:

To be fair a lot of android devices have trouble doing things like "taking pictures" or "playing video games".

this is also true. My favorite Vine is that one with 8 different android phones running the same compass app and they're all doing completely different things and it owns

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ToyotaThong posted:

Somebody out there is spanking it to this one right now.

http://youtu.be/N94ES_HI-K8

Don't worry, there's a male version too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgbbA70NVY

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

raditts posted:

For some reason the thing that pisses me off the most about those commercials is the way they hold up their hamburgers. It just seems such an unnatural thing to do with a burg. :spergin:

They come from the same universe where potato chip bags have a perfectly clean and straight opening at the top, and there are chips filled filled right to the brim.

That Robox
Mar 15, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Don't worry, there's a male version too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFgbbA70NVY

Don't forget the one from last Christmas where the guys in boxers play the song by jingling their balls... Has that one come back this year?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

computer parts posted:

Maybe if we're still living in 2009, or you're talking about some $10 piece of poo poo from Walmart.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

raditts posted:

Maybe if we're still living in 2009, or you're talking about some $10 piece of poo poo from Walmart.

No one cares.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QA9pvLiu_s

I've got the meat sweats.

:barf:

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
AT&T has always been pro tier for poo poo commercials and I know the internet in general likes to nerd out over the new ones with the cute salesgirl but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_74315l2yss

gggggggghhhh just gently caress this, it's so drat obnoxious

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MADDEN SEASON
IS THE REASON
I'M POSTING IN THIS THREAD

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Trying too hard to be Rich Evans.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I swear I can feel my ovaries shrivel down to nothing.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fp1yCrndhU

This commercial is back.

I laugh because the guy is focused on bitching about Millenials, and their toys, rather than spending time with his stupid family.

Then he's creeping on his (presumed) grand son.

I hate this commercial so much.

I'll add in this one. Poor woman is suffering from some sort of brain damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZFr7Qz9dAc

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 22, 2014

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I get irrationally uncomfortable any time one of those new iPhone ads come on, they just try so drat hard to be cute don't they

haricots
Apr 12, 2014

I think I'll call it...PHONE of Ark :haw:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What's with these Game of War commercials? TIL that the woman in it is Kate Upton. :shrug:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PaganGoatPants posted:

What's with these Game of War commercials? TIL that the woman in it is Kate Upton. :shrug:

Symptoms of a tech bubble.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

I feel like they have spent more on commercials than the app itself. Bubble indeed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They can't advertise mobile games based on how they look or play because they look/play bad. So instead they just hire pretty woman who can't act.

A terrible commercial I saw the other day was a Geico one where people at a zoo just yell "Hump day" at camels.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

PaganGoatPants posted:

Play now, my lord~~

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

computer parts posted:

Two of them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

I don't have concrete numbers but there are estimates being tossed out of 900k+ a day in revenue for Game of War. The problem for these games is people burn out and when there is a population decline your whales thatvspend most of that money move on. Hence you're seeing mobile games realize "holy poo poo, for 5 days revenue we can run TV ads nation wide" in an effort to recruit even more people and convince other people to keep playing to squeeze more money out of the fountain of cash.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

So instead they just hire pretty woman who can't act.

Her acting credentials seem firm to me.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I think weirder than the Kate Upton spots is one ad for an F2P that uses Bob Dylan's "Wigwam". It's not even that well known a Dylan song (there are no lyrics so you can't automatically tell it's him) but it had to cost a lot.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions
Thank you for being my hero... and my dad... :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The loving Mail Chimp ad before the Serial Podcast god drat.

http://qz.com/298094/how-mailchimps-irresistible-serial-ad-became-the-years-biggest-marketing-win/

They talk about how it was a success and I guess it was because they probably weren't expecting Serial to get as popular as it is but I'm only on like episode 8 and it annoys the hell out of me.