Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Found another decent platinum farming spot - goblins in Sol A. They randomly drop ore, of which the best vendors for 50p each, and there are even merchants inside the dungeon (goblin merchant and the gnome Marfen Binkdirple). Alternatively, there are merchants right outside in Lavastorm. I don't have statistics on average pp/hour, but I reckon you could rake in several hundred depending on your kill speed. A 40+ melee or pet class will probably do best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I stuck my head in Sol A last night to see what its like as everything good in SK seemed to be camped to poo poo. I killed a couple mobs and they went down easy then some level 60 twat brought a train to zone. I didnt die but I didnt want to venture any deeper yet. Was gonna go hit 35 off the dwarves in OOT today and hit the jackpot when I found the sisters open :unsmith: Gonna sit here today and hit 35 and farm up 1600pp for 2x Diamondine ears. (Got my 2x SoS already from halfling guards) feels good man.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 25, 2014

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Hexel posted:

I stuck my head in Sol A last night to see what its like as everything good in SK seemed to be camped to poo poo. I killed a couple mobs and they went down easy then some level 60 twat brought a train to zone. I didnt die but I didnt want to venture any deeper yet. Was gonna go hit 35 off the dwarves in OOT today and hit the jackpot when I found the sisters open :unsmith: Gonna sit here today and hit 35 and farm up 1600pp for 2x Diamondine ears. (Got my 2x SoS already from halfling guards) feels good man.
Hmm I wouldn't be discouraged, just stay off the central area near the zone line to Lavastorms, as trains are kinda frequent (including from me now and then when I had to run out to buy bandages :) ). At level 36 the sisters turn into crappy XP, although the money stays amazing.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I could tell Sol A is gonna be the way to go. I gotta go back to Cab one last time and train ripo before I can kiss Kunark goodbye. Whats up with Dalnir? I understand its full of casters and other annoying poo poo but are the Crescent pieces zonewide rares or do you gotta kill nameds for them?

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Yeah the only danger with the Soblohg camp (if you arent an Iksar) is the western spawn point is fairly close to Cabilis and one of the Troopers does patrol the N/S road nearby. If no one is camping him, the eastern spawn is usually up wandering around near the bandit camp as the western spawn point frog will wander up to a guard and get trucked eventually. I seem to have bad luck getting gems, but he can drop up to 7 plat or so just in coins and every bit helps.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Hexel posted:

I could tell Sol A is gonna be the way to go. I gotta go back to Cab one last time and train ripo before I can kiss Kunark goodbye. Whats up with Dalnir? I understand its full of casters and other annoying poo poo but are the Crescent pieces zonewide rares or do you gotta kill nameds for them?

All the crescent stuff drops from the Kly Invokers/Evokers on the 2nd and 3rd floor only, nothing else not-kly will drop it. They nuke for a truckload, but you can probably farm them okay by 50 or so if you're solo. The best spots are either in the church or right before you get to the Overseer in the area with all the kly in the rooms.

Good luck! Dalnir is one of the greatest zones of all time

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

so now that I have some money, I'd like to start getting some real gear. Half of my slots are still Damask or Raw silk. Level 31 enchanter. I have 140 int and 148 cha. Slots that I really need to upgrade are: Head, gloves, shoulders, belt, legs, feet. I don't have a ton of money so I probably have a budget of under 2k. Thoughts?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

tyler is a joke posted:

so now that I have some money, I'd like to start getting some real gear. Half of my slots are still Damask or Raw silk. Level 31 enchanter. I have 140 int and 148 cha. Slots that I really need to upgrade are: Head, gloves, shoulders, belt, legs, feet. I don't have a ton of money so I probably have a budget of under 2k. Thoughts?

(Head) Runed Cowl 900p
(Hands) Dusty Bloodstained Gloves 300p
(Shoulders) Mantle of Mirth 100p
(Waist) Lizardscale Belt 100p
(Legs) Drake-hide Leggings 150p
(Feet) Loam Encrusted Lined Shoes 700p or Wolf Fur Slippers 400p

Is all a little over or under 2k depending on the feet. You could also splurge a little and get Impskin Gloves for hands but those are 2k by themselves :p

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

tyler is a joke posted:

Behold the awesomest of guides:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Enchanter#Pre-Planar

Alternately just save everything until you can buy a goblin ring. I have a loaner one on my enc and I'd rather have it than all the other gear combined :allears:

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

You mean Goblin Gazughi Ring?

Does that invis v animal work to break charm on all pets?

Harettazetta
Jul 22, 2006

"Well, what choice do I have!? Trust is for fools! Fear is the only reliable way!"

tyler is a joke posted:

You mean Goblin Gazughi Ring?

Does that invis v animal work to break charm on all pets?

Any invis will, so yes.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

Pilsner posted:

Hmm I wouldn't be discouraged, just stay off the central area near the zone line to Lavastorms, as trains are kinda frequent (including from me now and then when I had to run out to buy bandages :) ). At level 36 the sisters turn into crappy XP, although the money stays amazing.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the sisters camp doesn't seem like very good money to me. About 1pp per belt, and I haven't seen anything else. The exp is pretty decent, but man I hate catching the boat to OOT.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bybus Slago posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but the sisters camp doesn't seem like very good money to me. About 1pp per belt, and I haven't seen anything else. The exp is pretty decent, but man I hate catching the boat to OOT.

Theres 2 sisters in a hut by themselves that are level 25- Larisa Gelrith and Ascania Halvbin that drop a Longsword that vendors for 11pp each. They are both 6 minute spawns so thats 220 plat per hour :sun:

The other sisters named: a Sister of Erollisi drop the 1p belt, they are good for xp around 15 or so.

I think the confusion comes in because its called sister isle, theres "a Sister of Erollisi" low level mobs that roam and people call the two money chicks in the hut together "sisters". Its a great camp for an enchanter or monk because your inventory will fill up fast and you need to be able to vendor on the isle. If you leave the isle to vendor you'll come back to find somone took the camp. Enchanters vendor at the dwarf smith in the back and I, as a monk just vendored right at the Inn down the hill from the camp using sneak.

Hexel fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 27, 2014

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

HEY VAPER posted:

What's up everyone? I've been busy with real life for a bit, just wondering who's still playing on red and what guilds you're all in right now.

yeah I stopped logging in, decided I wanted to do other things than listen to r99 drama recyling itself

Roat Cack
Nov 15, 2006
Drink up and come back
Are any of you guys in <The A-Team> and want to group up? I spoke with Argh and Raev and they mentioned needing to group with some members during the recruitment process.

Alternatively, if any of you guys are in a leveling guild that you'd recommend, I'd be interested. I'm the only one in <Unknown Guild>, though I have seen Zliz and Sirduh a few times. Character is Mase - 53 Monk.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I am not in a guild I was gonna decide if I want to try and raid or not and look at guilds around 55 or 60. I would volunteer to keep the <Unknown Guild> tag alive in case theres a great returning when Velious hits. I dont care about activity since I'm 100% solo player. I will be in EC tonight around 8 EST if someone with invite privileges is around.

Any of you highend guys not logging in anymore on blue lemme use your fungi or FBSS :fap:

Hexel fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 27, 2014

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

I'm with Hexel. I'm down to tag up with Unknown Guild. I don't care about raids and even groups really. I just need the sweet sweet green chat. My monk alt Karmapa got a tag tonight from Mase but my main Avalok still needs one.

Also, we apparently are unclear as to who is the guild leader and the very few of us who still play apparently don't have the ability to make new officers to ultimately invite new people. If anyone who is currently GM still checks this thread and wants to relinquish control to one of us (or better yet, come back to us, baby, we'll be real good this time), that'd be great.

Otherwise we may have to reform the guild or something?

I think I have enough unguilded in-game friends from my playing time so far that we could at least get a handful of active people on during the evenings.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
I have the leader tag for Unknown Guild on an alt, and if anyone wants an officer tag I'm happy to give them out. I can also give out the account info for that character (31 druid, so some ports are available) to one active goon if someone wants to be able to make officers more easily, but every time I give out the leader tag whoever has it goes inactive and I have to petition to get it back.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Anyone want to exp duo new characters on red? I'm going to roll either a shaman or cleric next and it would be nice to have a duo. If anyone wants to roll a tank class, this means instagroups.

onesixtwo posted:

yeah I stopped logging in, decided I wanted to do other things than listen to r99 drama recyling itself

In that case.... any way I could talk you into borrowing your iksar bp? You have my logins if you come back =)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I have the leader tag for Unknown Guild on an alt, and if anyone wants an officer tag I'm happy to give them out. I can also give out the account info for that character (31 druid, so some ports are available) to one active goon if someone wants to be able to make officers more easily, but every time I give out the leader tag whoever has it goes inactive and I have to petition to get it back.

I'm in EC right now if I could score an invite. I'd rather not have custody of anyone elses account just an invite would be cool :sun:

EDIT: I'm in. Any new dudes reading the thread I can invite you. Avalok and I are super active play everyday. We're both in our 30's but could give starter plat to new dudes. (this is on blue)

Hexel fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 29, 2014

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

tyler is a joke posted:

I'm with Hexel. I'm down to tag up with Unknown Guild. I don't care about raids and even groups really. I just need the sweet sweet green chat. My monk alt Karmapa got a tag tonight from Mase but my main Avalok still needs one.

Also, we apparently are unclear as to who is the guild leader and the very few of us who still play apparently don't have the ability to make new officers to ultimately invite new people. If anyone who is currently GM still checks this thread and wants to relinquish control to one of us (or better yet, come back to us, baby, we'll be real good this time), that'd be great.

Otherwise we may have to reform the guild or something?

I think I have enough unguilded in-game friends from my playing time so far that we could at least get a handful of active people on during the evenings.

Last I checked, Yevea was GL. I have an officer tag. Look for Skullmonkey or Boombots later today

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I got him last night we're all sorted :unsmith:

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Last I checked, Yevea was GL. I have an officer tag. Look for Skullmonkey or Boombots later today

Unknown Guild is the blue goon guild.

If anyone on red wants GL of <SLAMDUNKATRON> just put in a petition telling them I flaked out and disappeared, you'll earn yourself a promotion to co-GL and follow in the footsteps of Scoobs and myself one day.

Hardon: Yeah, i don't care if you use my stuff. I intend to not come back. I don't have it installed currently to transfer. Add me to steam and i'll give you my logins. http://steamcommunity.com/id/cavos

also anyone else from Red that wants to stay in touch / maybe play something together sometime, add me as well. Was fun playing with all of you but I've gotta get past that EQ itch.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Goonspeed, see you when the itch strikes again! :D

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

HEY VAPER posted:

Anyone want to exp duo new characters on red? I'm going to roll either a shaman or cleric next and it would be nice to have a duo. If anyone wants to roll a tank class, this means instagroups.

In that case.... any way I could talk you into borrowing your iksar bp? You have my logins if you come back =)

Hi, yes I do!

I tried to get this rolling before but it flaked out, did you roll a char yet? Anyone else interested?

Was going to make a SK.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

onesixtwo posted:

If anyone on red wants GL of <SLAMDUNKATRON> just put in a petition telling them I flaked out and disappeared, you'll earn yourself a promotion to co-GL and follow in the footsteps of Scoobs and myself one day.

Hardon: Yeah, i don't care if you use my stuff. I intend to not come back. I don't have it installed currently to transfer. Add me to steam and i'll give you my logins. http://steamcommunity.com/id/cavos

also anyone else from Red that wants to stay in touch / maybe play something together sometime, add me as well. Was fun playing with all of you but I've gotta get past that EQ itch.

Added you on Steam, as well. Don't intend to pillage your account, but if you'd be willing to share the info with an old gamer, I'd love to try some of the classes I haven't already on p99. :v:

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Doubleposting, but I'm somewhat active again on EST.

Skullmonkey, 39 Cleric.
Boombots, 22 Enchanter.
Bertbert, 15 Wizard
Ottoborg, 13 Shaman.

Hit me up on Red if you want to group. Can also toss out green chat invites.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Hi, yes I do!

I tried to get this rolling before but it flaked out, did you roll a char yet? Anyone else interested?

Was going to make a SK.

yeah bro roll an sk and message hardon/robocop ingame and I'll make a healer to play with you. I have other characters so I don't mind keeping it at your level.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

HEY VAPER posted:

yeah bro roll an sk and message hardon/robocop ingame and I'll make a healer to play with you. I have other characters so I don't mind keeping it at your level.

Nice, anyone else want in on this levelling crew?

I can subsidize a decent weapon for melee or spell money for casters...going to log on in about an hour.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

onesixtwo posted:

Added you on steam (yordan), I'm down to play any game my horrible early 2000s intel integrated graphics can handle. And of course, pillage your accounts.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Nice, anyone else want in on this levelling crew?

I can subsidize a decent weapon for melee or spell money for casters...going to log on in about an hour.

I aim to make a shaman, "Smallyou" that I need to twink out a little more.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

MooselanderII posted:

I aim to make a shaman, "Smallyou" that I need to twink out a little more.

I was going to do a shaman but if you want to roll it now I'll do a rogue/ranger/cleric now instead.

edit: skullmonkey play the wizard enchanter or something with us once we get this batch of alts to the teens.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 29, 2014

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dammit, had company linger well past their best before date, logging on now if you guys are around.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Dammit, had company linger well past their best before date, logging on now if you guys are around.

we're taking a day or so and farming haste belts for the level 1's in tt, feel free to run over or bring a main.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I wanna play with you bros. All I have on red is a level 7 bard but I like every class except rogues, what do you dudes still need?

Edit - I really wanna play a chanter if you guys don't have one/want one :ohdear:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 30, 2014

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

I have a 10 ranger I've been hoping to raise up on red. Level 10 name of Aradong, any chance I can get in on this? Have a wizard for ports and an ench for crack if needed too.

all the ladies say I
Aug 24, 2005

Acción de Espionaje Táctico
I'm Stumpkin, level 59 wizard on red server. Just a shout out to my good pals in Holocaust. Some of the most fun I've had on these servers and I've been playing p99 since before Kunark. A solid group of guys in the core of Holo. Don't let the Azrael propaganda train rot your brain.

I also play Borf and Snarfs on blue, but petition quest and 16 hour tracking sessions drove me away from that raid scene.

Send me a tell on red i'm always happy to help out with ports to young red goons if I'm not busy

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

HEY VAPER posted:

we're taking a day or so and farming haste belts for the level 1's in tt, feel free to run over or bring a main.

Hey, I tried logging back in and it says I have a temporary IP block.

Edit: NVM

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ready to rock-and-a-roll tomorrow!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ready to rock-and-a-roll tomorrow!!!

You guys tell me what class to make so I can have fun tomorrow too :colbert: