Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

tithin posted:

I'm suspicious of Splode

Fair enough, but posting about your suspicion is pretty inflammatory, and for that reason, suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

why come out as a doctor d1 splode? that's totes suss bro.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Matthew Beet posted:

why come out as a doctor d1 splode? that's totes suss bro.

Because I'm dumb, scotty 2 hotty is an equally big target, and because I'm only a one use doctor anyway and was hoping to use it to get confirmed as town.

Mostly the first one though.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Splode posted:

Fair enough, but posting about your suspicion is pretty inflammatory, and for that reason, suspicious.

Not at all, it's just good mafia :shrug:

We've got a day 1 doctor claim, with no reason to claim.

If you don't die tonight, you're going straight to the top of my "probably scum" list, because scum would be stupid to let you live if you were actually VT.

It's day 1 though, so just making observations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Splode posted:

Because I'm dumb, scotty 2 hotty is an equally big target, and because I'm only a one use doctor anyway and was hoping to use it to get confirmed as town.

Mostly the first one though.

yes but scotty 2 hotty is just a normal dude. you're a doctor

also, i've never heard of a one-shot doctor

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think honesty is the best policy so Splode shouldn't die for being an angel.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well you can't blame someone for wanting to risk their life in loving devotion to Ludlam. Maybe Splode's trying to do some fake-out shenanigans where they think he's going to protect him, or they think that he thinks that, so he won't... gaah, I don't know. It just seems like a really bad idea done in haste, that could go real bad for him no matter what team he's on, so I guess we'll see what happens after tonight.

Just so long as Scotty is okay. :ohdear:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

I think honesty is the best policy so Splode shouldn't die for being an angel.

Anidav, killed by scum night 1. Too pure for this world.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

yes but scotty 2 hotty is just a normal dude. you're a doctor

also, i've never heard of a one-shot doctor

Splodes reason for coming clean kinda make sense, but only if he was under suspicion at the time or there were votes massing against him. This wasn't the case. He's literally come out of the blue going 'No i'm a doctor!' when no one was even talking about him.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's a rookie error given this is my first mafia game. I suppose I'm softer than the more experienced players.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Yeah experienced players always guess themselves into a corner, and then claim some obscure strategy when it turns out they didn't know what they were talking about. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so predictable.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

This is my second game and I was scum last time. It really was just bad play. At least it got the thread going!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Deadline isn't going to work tonight. Couple of players aren't even voteable because they aren't setup in Votefinder.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Mills (2): Anidav, Fruity Gordo
Milky Moor (1): bowmore
Anidav (1): Mills

Not Voting (10): Bifauxnen, Freudian Slip, hooman, Matthew Beet, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, Splode, thatbastardken, Those On My Left, tithin

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 30th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 hours, 28 minutes.

The extreme left dissidents are still at large.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Small Keating has joined the game. All players are now correctly set up in votefinder.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Hooray!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think we have like an hour.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm abstaining from voting because ~data~

I'm suspicious of Splode for reasons already given, but I'm also eyeing Mills and Milky because they're just a little too friendly off the bat.

They're legit good people irl tho.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

tithin posted:

I'm abstaining from voting because ~data~

I'm suspicious of Splode for reasons already given, but I'm also eyeing Mills and Milky because they're just a little too friendly off the bat.

They're legit good people irl tho.

but if we don't lynch, it's a free kill. and given that we have an outed doctor and a known townie, at least one of the town is going to die tonight unless we have multiple protectors (unlikely)

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
how come we got told bowmore is town from the outset? do we lose if they die. how do we make them not die

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
If we DO lynch and it's a townie, then it's 2 free kills.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

or we bag us a scum :madmax:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Fruity Gordo posted:

how come we got told bowmore is town from the outset? do we lose if they die. how do we make them not die

i think they're just a confirmed townie

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

but if we don't lynch, it's a free kill. and given that we have an outed doctor and a known townie, at least one of the town is going to die tonight unless we have multiple protectors (unlikely)

No one seems to be leading any bandwagons, though. Like Mith said, it could just end up 2 free kills. Not even classic jokevote Mills has got off the ground yet! (I'd have been tempted to join in, but every time before when I've been totally convinced to vote for him, it turned out he's just a crappy town)

Fruity Gordo posted:

That would suck and be totally ridiculous. I think we just get the benefit of knowing for sure he's town, so when he posts stuff we can be sure that it's not all lies and an attempt to mislead everybody. Everyone knows you can trust Scotty :swoon:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Mithranderp posted:

This, and it's day 1, with 15(?) people in the game.

We can afford to be patient.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

tithin posted:

yeah, but seriously, this. we've no data

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I believe in my vote for Anidav. Not because it's Anidav but because it's suspicious to change your reasons when questioned; it implies that you are making things up as you go. That's scum behaviour.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Not voting anyone would be a mistake. That's my help as "veteran".

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

tithin posted:

That's what scum want though. Hmmmm.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
vote mills imo

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
he really wants someone to get lynched on day 1, so i say lynch him on day 1 :twisted:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Mills posted:

Not voting anyone would be a mistake. That's my help as "veteran".

i also believe this, because while we don't have any data we have enough people to soak a few losses. if we assume that the scum can kill one person a night (and number however many is normal for a game this size), we only have a certain amount of time before they gain control of the lynching phase and basically swallow our convention up in a wave of SAlt magazines. we have a limited number of lynches and if we don't use them we're playing the waiting game against people who get stronger the longer the game goes on.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mills posted:

I believe in my vote for Anidav. Not because it's Anidav but because it's suspicious to change your reasons when questioned; it implies that you are making things up as you go. That's scum behaviour.

Right.

##vote Mills

Even if he is town at least we'll be spared Mr Nth dimensional chess witch hunts over here.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Also its mills, better to get his tantrum over with early.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Splode posted:

Right.

##vote Mills

Even if he is town at least we'll be spared Mr Nth dimensional chess witch hunts over here.

splode

are you going to be lid 2.0? do i need to remind you that the way mills and i view this game generally nails us a scum or two early on?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

also, i've played a ton of mafia in my time but i've never heard of a one-shot doctor. . .

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Splode posted:

That's what scum want though. Hmmmm.

No, scum want to direct a vote, scum want us to rush through votes without much thought, scum want us to jokevote to turn it into a real vote.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

My vote was just payback for your vote. My reason was a throwaway given that its my very first reason in mafia, ever. Also i have no doubt in my mind that you're a trot because of the extreme irony of making you one. It's literally the easiest joke to pull if I were in charge of PMing roles.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

nah, the easiest joke to pull would be to give mills one of the roles where if they die they win the game

the fool, i think it's called. that'd own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

also, i've played a ton of mafia in my time but i've never heard of a one-shot doctor. . .

Oh please, Freudian made up new poo poo constantly. I had to clarify my role because it was new for me too. Not really a big stretch though.

Kommando if i get lynched for this you are in big trouble.

• Locked thread