Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm eager? Mills has been the first to vote for two days in a row. I'm just throwing out a guess and I can change my vote as the day progresses. I'm not voting on concrete suspicion, just feeling it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Anidav posted:

I'm eager? Mills has been the first to vote for two days in a row. I'm just throwing out a guess and I can change my vote as the day progresses. I'm not voting on concrete suspicion, just feeling it out.

Mills has a reputation for playing aggressively and has backed up every one of his accusations. Throwing out random accusations looks really bad, so if you ARE town you should probably not do it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I don't know anyone's reputation from previous games but my opinion is voting for hooman for not posting enough is just as random as voting for tithin for not being opinionated enough. Once again, I'll probably change my vote later. I'm just putting out an initial vote because being neutral in the early days is as others have said - exactly what an experienced scum would do.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

You just bumped up my list.

As I've said in here before - reckless voting without forethought or strategy plays into scum hands. It allows them to direct a vote because once a bandwagon starts it's difficult to stop.

While I acknowledge that you're a new player, you're not unintelligent.

Think really hard - who do you feel is scum? Why? And more than three words would be nice.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

I don't know anyone's reputation from previous games but my opinion is voting for hooman for not posting enough is just as random as voting for tithin for not being opinionated enough. Once again, I'll probably change my vote later. I'm just putting out an initial vote because being neutral in the early days is as others have said - exactly what an experienced scum would do.

I'm being anything but neutral?

I've discussed yesterday who I felt was scummy and the reasons why, I also noted that no voting on day 1 is the best time to no vote as it allows for people to build up a portfolio of attack for later in the game, and outside of scum really messing up, the numbers are on their side to hit a town more than scum.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

##vote Anidav

I'll change this later if I need to, nye party tonight though so this thread won't have my undivided attention

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

There are others who have been just as quiet as hooman, or more so. So I don't know if Mills is just picking one at random to fish for a reaction or what. I'm all up for voting out a quiet player, but out of the quiet ones I'm feeling more suss about Freudian Slip since his only contribution was easy agreement with Ludlam, possibly just when it suited him to join the Mills bandwagon. Now Mith says she's going to do a similar strategy, but I don't think it's quite as fishy since she wasn't all: "okay, time to vote with Ludlam, oh wait, he unvoted, let me unvote too, must act at the exact same time but not any of the other 2 times Ludlam already voted for someone else"

hooman posted:

Never trust Komaeda.

Jesus christ never ever loving trust Komaeda.

Oh sweet, is there actually someone else in Auspol who I could talk to about this crazy rear end game? Have you finished it?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

:eyeroll: quick kill bif so we don't have to hear about dumb anime games

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You take that back Komaeda is the loving best :colbert:

But yeeeaaaah after those last few posts at least the Anidav vote seems like it might accomplish more data-wise than just picking off one of the quiet ones. I'd like to get some feedback on my little pet theory though, by seeing if FS has any contributions or reads to make first.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Splode posted:

##vote Anidav
nye party tonight though so this thread won't have my undivided attention

Oh yeah. Standard deadline tonight Kom? I forgot it was NYE.

Anidav you've come out of the gate very strong on tithin and, well, he wasn't on my suss list to begin with. Why? Your reason was neutrality but as he has pointed out he had a few opinions yesterday.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tithin, as an aside, do you still have the same 3 suspects in mind as yesterday?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Sorry for not posting earlier today - I was away from my computer and didn't want to phone post as I like effort posts.

Bif - I would like to point out that I was the first to point out that Splode made a mistake with his d1 reveal.

Freudian Slip posted:

TBH - if you are the town Dr, then revealing it this way is a pretty silly move. Everyone knows that Bowmore is town. He would have also been a honey trap the first night for Mafia. I believe you have given your hand away early.

However, if you are mafia - this role claim would be useful as if Bowmore doesn't die tonight (because as a group you have decided to kill another random town) you can claim you protected him.

All I am saying is that you better visit Bowmore tonight and that Bowmore better not die

I was really hoping the watcher could confirm for us whether he did do as he said. I am going with he did visit Bowmore last night based on the fact that he probably thought someone would be watching Bowmore/tracking Splode. That and the flavour text saying that he was tired. This is not to say that he isn't scum - it just puts him right at the bottom of my list at the moment.

That said I am suss of Anidav for being so aggressive - but that could be because he is a noob.

There are also a lot of players who have posted - but nothing of substance.

Unfortunately, apart from Small Keating - I can't see any glaringly obvious screw ups. So I really don't have much to add at the moment

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i've been playing dota all day, let me catch up

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

Oh yeah. Standard deadline tonight Kom? I forgot it was NYE.

Anidav you've come out of the gate very strong on tithin and, well, he wasn't on my suss list to begin with. Why? Your reason was neutrality but as he has pointed out he had a few opinions yesterday.

2100 hrs QLD time.

Gives everyone plenty of time to get to their nye parties.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

Tithin, as an aside, do you still have the same 3 suspects in mind as yesterday?

I touched on it earlier today, but no.

I'm about 9/10 sure on mills being town based on conduct.

8/10 for Splode given semi corroboration of one shot flavour from Fruity's flip.

Milky I need to see more of to finalise my gut though.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Glad you clarified that. I thought you were subtly implying that you were the cop with your assertion that Mills was in the clear without any follow up statement.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

i think we should nail anidav to the wall

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

I touched on it earlier today, but no.

I'm about 9/10 sure on mills being town based on conduct.

8/10 for Splode given semi corroboration of one shot flavour from Fruity's flip.

Milky I need to see more of to finalise my gut though.

8/10 just based on the one shot? No concern about a d1 role claim? I never cared about the one shot, that made sense to me it's been done before.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

I wasn't voting against tithin as an individual, I'm rather voting against a category of players who come across as neutral. While neutral players can have suspicions, Scott noted that abstaining from the vote is somewhat weird. While he's clarified why, I suppose I don't know the pacing of this game or how long it is with 15 players. I rushed in to vote because I felt compelled to make an action before my NYE plans kick in and divide my attention. I don't mean to come across as strong, as a new player I feel a spontaneous action like this might surprise the experienced scum because the biggest threat on my life is people who have played this game before and know how other people who have played before play.

Therefore, eliminating the newer players first means that in the later days they can get easier reads on the more familiar players and have the highest potential for a anti-town victory. This is a day which is on NYE and therefore most people will seek to take action before night comes in which everyone has busy plans, I'm sure. I rushed in to vote after seeing Mills vote because it felt like activity was coming but I didn't want to vote for hooman because piggybacking on a vote so early is also suspicious. I'm sorry tithin, you're not as suspicious as I make it sound, I just figured it was easy to spit out a vote early in the day because it's NYE and I'll be too busy to make a decision near-night. It might be as you say though and there's no rush with 15 people.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well I don't have any special NYE plans, so I'll be watching the thread pretty closely tonight. If you guys can sort out some votes going one way or the other, I'll gladly drop the hammer on anyone that needs 1 more to lynch.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

having considered it, i agree with splode. anidav is a bit of a stirrer and it's making things difficult. there's been no role claim from him. while he's new (which means he could be basically mavericking everyone with strange plays) i think he's either a really dumb town or a scum who's a bit too energetic. of course, he could be a third party. if we've got greens and SAlt, could there be coalition or labor?

other than that, there's no one else i'd feel comfortable voting for. maybe something else will come up in the evening but, until then...

##vote Anidav

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Matthew Beet posted:

8/10 just based on the one shot? No concern about a d1 role claim? I never cared about the one shot, that made sense to me it's been done before.

The specific commentary of a 1 shot, regardless of claim helps to alleviate the specific live of thought I had yesterday.

He was accurate about the one shot in terms of nature, which leads me to suspect he's telling the truth at least for the moment.

You're right - 1 shots happen but they're a rare usage in my experience, given their limited range and it's easy to claim you've fired a one shot without result.

As more people with roles flip, we'll see how many more have one shots, and that'll either strengthen or weaken those thoughts with time.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Scrolled through quick. I wasn't voting Hooman for being quiet. I specifically said why I voted him. People either didn't read what I wrote or have a motive for misrepresenting me. I don't particularly care which people are doing which (dumb town/smart scum) because I'm tired now and it's NYE. See you tomorrow!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What is a role claim? Everyone who has claimed to be something so far has been a mistake rather than a confident action? Why would claiming a role be a good thing given some people already want me dead? So far, everyone who has claimed a role has drawn noticeable levels of suspicion, I already have some suspicion for my rushed action, I really don't want more. Especially if scum are posting and watching.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Role claim is when you publicly state in-thread what your role is. (or what you want everyone to think your role is)

This is normally not a good idea cause if you have a special role, the scum will probably want to kill you. Or they could at least make sure to block you, or avoid you, or something. Even if you're vanilla, confirming that through a roleclaim can help the scum narrow down who they want to go after.

It can be more useful the closer you get to the end of the game though, when it's getting to be do or die and the scum have good odds of hitting whatever power roles are left anyway. You do want people's information to get out there once it can actually narrow down what scum remain. Claiming later also makes it easier to tell if you're telling the truth or not about your claims. Saying "welp I was a one-shot doctor and it's gone now" is pretty unverifiable, unless someone was watching Splode or bowmore. I guess that's why Splode said anything, so we could actually try and see what happened. But it also gave the scum the heads up that they probably shouldn't bother touching either of them last night.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hey i need to email someone.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So why is Milky implying I should make a role claim if it's a bad move? I already made one bad move, I don't want to make another.

Thanks for the explanation, Bif.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav posted:

I believe you. I'm prone to mistakes too. Hope you survive the night buddy.

Splode, I didn't try to make you a suspect when you made your mistake. I was with you. Can you please forgive mine as I want to learn how to play? I don't want to die.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

So why is Milky implying I should make a role claim if it's a bad move?

Well, that does seem like it could be scummy. Fishing for roles can help scum, but if everyone already thinks you're scum, revealing more about yourself can help others better test the theory and verify if you're making poo poo up or not. One good time to roleclaim is when you know your rear end is grass anyway. :cheeky:

I wouldn't bite though, unless the bandwagon's already well on it's way. Then it's good to get out whatever you know so we can verify after you're dead. I don't think things look good for you, but if you've only got 2 votes and come out with something like "no wait guys, please have mercy, I'm the cop for gently caress's sake" and then oh! The bandwagon so conveniently dissolves and you're okay after all! ...yeah, that would suck.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Anidav posted:

So why is Milky implying I should make a role claim if it's a bad move?

because if you had a role - cop, doctor, whatever - claiming it basically proves your innocence. that is, if you're telling the truth. if you're lying, it puts a nail in your own coffin. if i was making as much noise as you, i'd plan to have something up my sleeve.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

Splode, I didn't try to make you a suspect when you made your mistake. I was with you. Can you please forgive mine as I want to learn how to play? I don't want to die.

Appeals to emotion seldom work. Even if it makes you live through the night - you just get bumped up several notches.

Friendly word of advice from someone who's tried it in the past.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Hey i need to email someone.

kommando at gmail dot com

Day 2 is pretty late in the day im hesitant to add another player.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 31, 2014

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

That's all fine and well, I've got to go out for another job trial so I won't be back for awhile. Just remember, one shot powers and two announced role mistakes aren't exactly the best of starts to a game for a new player like me to learn pacing and such. Sorry for the confusion and happy new year, please don't murder me.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Anidav posted:

nothing personal dude

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Anidav (2): Splode, Milky Moor
tithin (1): Anidav
hooman (1): Mills

Not Voting (10): Bifauxnen, bowmore, Freudian Slip, hooman, Matthew Beet, Mithranderp, Small Keating, thatbastardken, Those On My Left, tithin

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 31st, 2014 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 57 minutes.

The extreme left dissidents are still at large.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voting is the ideologically correct thing to do

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I've been reading up on mafia and I am so in on this next time.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

##vote anidav

I might not be around later tonight to do so.

I'm not 100% convinced of his scumminess, but in the absence of other viable votes I'm left without much of a choice.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

all the lonely posters

where do they all come from

all the lonely posters

where do their votes belong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tithin posted:

##vote anidav

I might not be around later tonight to do so.

I'm not 100% convinced of his scumminess, but in the absence of other viable votes I'm left without much of a choice.

Nah I'm getting more convinced he's scum. He's protested a bit too much I think and his reasons have been flimsy.

At first he said he voted you because you were too neutral and when that was challenged his reason became more about how he was rushed because it's NYE and he might not have the time later. Check the time stamp of when he voted you, he's posted for 5 more hours after that...

#vote anidav

• Locked thread