Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Booblord Zagats posted:

Mention your favorite movie from when you were 21, if she knows it, you're good. if not, hit it and quit it.

Not that loving hard, no reason to bring math in to it

Movies that came out the year you were 21, or just in general when you were 21

because this has been my favorite movie since the second i watched it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d696t3yALAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
ahem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyXohnrEXVA

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh don't get me wrong, i love me some Riki Oh

but god drat kung pow is p. much my favorite movie ever. the fact that it's horrible makes it even more special to me

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

HIT IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MppsR-i8C3s&t=42s

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
if a bitch dont like conan she can suck my dick from the back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5K3AKl5qpc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit twilight zone is on netflix now?!?

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
i remembered that the stand was a cool rear end movie when i was like 10

tried to watch it again and lol what a piece of poo poo movie

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It was a network miniseries. And holy poo poo Randal Flag was miscast. And the ending was awful. For once a Stephen King book actually has a decent ending, and they gently caress it up in the adaptation.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Does Langoliers hold up?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit twilight zone is on netflix now?!?
gently caress yeah, it is! Just started going through them again a couple of weeks ago.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Godholio posted:

It was a network miniseries. And holy poo poo Randal Flag was miscast. And the ending was awful. For once a Stephen King book actually has a decent ending, and they gently caress it up in the adaptation.

what was the stephen king based movie where like......these dudes are in the woods camping or something, it stars captain winters from band of brothers, and some weird alien things attack them....dreamcatcher? worst god drat movie ive ever seen in my life

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

holocaust bloopers posted:

Does Langoliers hold up?

lol nope

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

justice4trayvawn posted:

what was the stephen king based movie where like......these dudes are in the woods camping or something, it stars captain winters from band of brothers, and some weird alien things attack them....dreamcatcher? worst god drat movie ive ever seen in my life

Dream catcher. Had Apache in it.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Dream catcher. Had Apache in it.

i remember like literally the first alien worm or w/e pops up and i just shut it off and vowed never to watch it again

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

justice4trayvawn posted:

Dreamcathxet was fuckin terrible, it was like poo poo monsters in the toilet that would creep up your butt right? Am I remembering this right? Except all the hero dudes inexplicably had superpowers lmbo

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

beanieson posted:

Dreamcathxet was fuckin terrible, it was like poo poo monsters in the toilet that would creep up your butt right? Am I remembering this right? Except all the hero dudes inexplicably had superpowers lmbo

i think we have movie ptsd bc i don't remember enough to confirm or deny these details

also for some inexplicable reason IT is being remade

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

justice4trayvawn posted:

i remember like literally the first alien worm or w/e pops up and i just shut it off and vowed never to watch it again

Not a bad call on your part.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

justice4trayvawn posted:

i remember like literally the first alien worm or w/e poops out and i just shut it off and vowed never to watch it again

edit: Seth "I'll motherfuck you.. And blow your head off" Bulluck from Deadwood is in it, too.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I want HBO to make the Dark Tower series. I have zero faith that any movie studio would do it right.

I don't even care if they included all the goofy poo poo like King himself being integral, or the aliens or whatever when worlds start merging. Don't loving care. Because the one thing that would make me forget how awful 1/3 of the story is, is the ending. All I want is the final scene to be Roland walking in the desert, an identical shot to the opening scene of the first one, but with one difference: the goddamn horn is hanging from his gear.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

The shining/ stand by me/ shawshank/ the mist

Only good Stephen king films conform/deny

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Which is sayin something since at least shining & mist were totally different from the books

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The old Carrie was good. And the Green Mile is a great loving movie.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Shining is one of my favorite movies ever. In Bruges is still the best in my mind though.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The Shining is one of my favorite movies ever. In Bruges is still the best in my mind though.

Ralph fiennes is like the best god drat actor

You're an inanimate loving object!!!!!

Also that movie made me realize Colin Farrell is p cool

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Mist is loving incredible. The balls they had to commit to that downer of an ending.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QBF-uqqF1M
Still my favorite

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if a bitch dont like conan she can suck my dick from the back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5K3AKl5qpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Wouldn't mind having a Tremors reboot.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the shining miniseries they did in the 90's with the dude from Wings and Rebecca DeMornay was actually really good, too. They kept it super close to the book though.

The Mist is loving incredible. The balls they had to commit to that downer of an ending.

The director called up Stephen King to ask him if it was cool, and he said gently caress it, go for it.

That's pretty loving dope.

Also they're remaking The Stand as a 4-movie deal with Warner Bros. So hopefully they can cleanse this gay earth of the horrid miniseries.

also this is the best king movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWS4tTzs60

Stephen King at the height of his coke addiction

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
In fact, I think King said it was a better ending than he had written. The Mist and The Thing are my two favorite horror movies. Makes sense considering how similar they are. gently caress The Mist has a The Thing reference in right at the start.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer are 100% my poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

In fact, I think King said it was a better ending than he had written. The Mist and The Thing are my two favorite horror movies. Makes sense considering how similar they are. gently caress The Mist has a The Thing reference in right at the start.

I still haven't worked myself up to watch the Thing prequel

I don't want it to ruin my love of the Kurt Russel movie

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I still haven't worked myself up to watch the Thing prequel

I don't want it to ruin my love of the Kurt Russel movie

It's alright. Just about what you'd expect for a modern re-make. Mary Elizabeth Winstead stars in it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i read the bachman books as a kid and i dont think that was healthy for my young mind. the long walk holy poo poo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i read the bachman books as a kid and i dont think that was healthy for my young mind. the long walk holy poo poo

Dude The Long Walk was something else. Read that in junior high. I'll never forget that book. Goddamn did it go to some dark places.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

beanieson posted:

The shining/ stand by me/ shawshank/ the mist

Only good Stephen king films conform/deny

The Green Mile you gently caress.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Dude The Long Walk was something else. Read that in junior high. I'll never forget that book. Goddamn did it go to some dark places.

Amazing book. I would think about it on road marches.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Alan Wake is the best Stephen King work in recent years.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Master Bateman posted:

Amazing book. I would think about it on road marches.

same

realtalk though, King's best work for me has always been his short stories and novellas.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

same

realtalk though, King's best work for me has always been his short stories and novellas.

This is true for a lot of authors. Not blue squares though. His prose is tight as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Pirates is the best movie. Not loving of the Caribbean.

https://www.xvideos.com/video8364594/pirates

• Locked thread