Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
The best part of Jones beating Cormier in such a dominant fashion is the arguments we'll get to see in this thread in three months during the build up to Jones/Gus 2 or Jones/Rumble about how Cormier was never really all that good to begin with, so this win wasn't really all that impressive.

Mazzagatti2Hotty fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

The best part of Jones being Cormier in such a dominant fashion is the arguments we'll get to see in this thread in three months during the build up to Jones/Gus 2 or Jones/Rumble about how Cormier was never really all that good to begin with, so this win wasn't really all that impressive.

He couldn't take down Jon Jones, a thing a Euro did

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lloyd Boner posted:

He couldn't take down Jon Jones, a thing a Euro did

Actually he took him down exactly as many times as Gustafsson did

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Where does dc go from here, does he try to give it another go after some wins? Does he go back to heavy?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Jon Jones did the DX crotch chop in real life in the year 2015 to celebrate his win.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

canada jezus posted:

Where does dc go from here, does he try to give it another go after some wins? Does he go back to heavy?

He's not going back to heavy while Cain has the belt. Im sure he keeps fighting and hopes for another title shot because why not? He acquitted himself well until he gassed and he still has plenty he can improve on.

Stimulus
Mar 25, 2005
Can't imagine DC goes back to heavyweight without giving it at least one more shot at LHW

Stimulus fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jan 4, 2015

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'd pay for fight pass if they got the K1 library

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

So does this JBJ performance against DC mean that maybe Jon might have a shot at heavyweight? I can't tell, but the fact that Cormier was an effective HW makes me wonder.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

The best part of Jones beating Cormier in such a dominant fashion is the arguments we'll get to see in this thread in three months during the build up to Jones/Gus 2 or Jones/Rumble about how Cormier was never really all that good to begin with, so this win wasn't really all that impressive.

jones will never fight gus again nor johnson

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
With KOTC joining Fight Pass you'll have 24/7 access to the greatest fight of all time, Herb Dean vs. a fat guy in sneakers and a t-shirt.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

maffew buildings posted:

Is it because of the impending rape indictment or some other reason?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

kensei posted:

So does this JBJ performance against DC mean that maybe Jon might have a shot at heavyweight? I can't tell, but the fact that Cormier was an effective HW makes me wonder.

I'd favour him against everyone who isn't Cain or Hunto.
One for legit could probably murder a rhino with his bare hands reasons, the other is Cain.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

kensei posted:

yeah HW is real bad. Machida would gently caress up most of the HW division.

maffew buildings posted:

he has to since there is nobody else for Jones to fight unless Glover vs Rashad winner or Bader vs Davis winner gets to fight Jones. those are your picks, seriously. Even if Jones risks losing to the winner of Rumble/Gustafsson, which I don't think he does because Jones is going to win those fights, he knows they will make him money while the other fights will be an embarrassment to PPV again.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jones/Rashad II

The rematch literally nobody not even Rashad asked for

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
We should all just be glad Jones/Henderson never happened

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
That fight went exactly how i said it would, there was no universe where that fight was gonna be Cormier getting eyepoked for 5 rounds like dumbasses kept saying, Jones makes fights ugly and he is just way stronger and taller and uses his leverage better than everyone else in the world. Cormier just didnt have enough tools or the gas tank to deal with everything Jones was throwing at him, I was hoping cormier would have some answers to wrestling a tall guy like that when his usual single leg attack failed but he didnt really adapt and Jones did

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Diddie posted:

Henderson got his poo poo rocked by Vitor in a non-title fight so in this alternative universe we live in Dan Henderson got hurt just as badly as he would have in the Jones fight for no good reason.

Instead of fighting Jones he lost to Machida, then Rashad, then Vitor before finally beating Shogun again which was sweet but necessary. If he had just lost to Jones he either would have retired or went straight to the Shogun match. It would have been better.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

So am I alone in thinking Rumble's gonna beat Gustafsson?

Probably just overreacting to his last couple of performances.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kensei posted:

He'd have success but there's four or five guys that I think would have a good shot against him. He's a great wrestler, but he maximizes that by using the leverage his height grants him, and he wouldn't have that advantage against the larger heavyweights, nor we would he have a huge reach advantage.

And Cain would destroy him.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I would like to also add that Dan Henderson did not lose to Lyoto and definitely did not lose to Rashad, and also would have somehow connected with a big right hand to Jon Jones' ugly nose

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
The crotch chop was not meant as a gesture of disrespect, Jones was just calling for a fight against CM Punk by announcing that he's joined Degeneration X. Triple HHH will corner Jones for the fight.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Im not even sure Cain would beat Jones at this point, itd be a good fight. After cain probably beats Werdum and Jones beats the winner of rumble/gus they should fight, IMO.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Diddie posted:

Holy poo poo that would have been brutal. Maybe we can find some Ivan Drago style overpowered movie mismatch opponents or something for Jones to fight next, since anything short of a supermutant clearly isn't going to loving cut it.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Jones vs Cain is the dream fight we all need in our lives.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Big Queefy posted:

So am I alone in thinking Rumble's gonna beat Gustafsson?

Probably just overreacting to his last couple of performances.

I'm not sure what to think of the fight other than that it loving owns and whoever wins is gonna break Bones (I hope).

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Lloyd Boner posted:

I'm not sure what to think of the fight other than that it loving owns and whoever wins is gonna break Bones (I hope).

i'm hoping the same. If Jones gets past those two in the next year, then he might as well retire or face Cain for all the money in the world.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

manyak posted:

Im not even sure Cain would beat Jones at this point, itd be a good fight. After cain probably beats Werdum and Jones beats the winner of rumble/gus they should fight, IMO.

If only because it'd sell a million PPVs and make both men an absurd amount of money.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

manyak posted:

they need to. unless UFC wants to get to work on marketing Overeem and Browne or Rashad and Phil Davis as credible challengers. gently caress it why not

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

The crotch chop was not meant as a gesture of disrespect, Jones was just calling for a fight against CM Punk by announcing that he's joined Degeneration X. Triple HHH will corner Jones for the fight.

That ref on the undercard made an X with his arms as his signature ref pose, so we now have the foundations for the new DX. I'm sure that Dana White is a big DX Band fan, so we are going to have some rockin' national anthems at UFC shows from here on out.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Jones is going to open skulls at 185.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

That fight went exactly how i said it would, there was no universe where that fight was gonna be Cormier getting eyepoked for 5 rounds like dumbasses kept saying, Jones makes fights ugly and he is just way stronger and taller and uses his leverage better than everyone else in the world. Cormier just didnt have enough tools or the gas tank to deal with everything Jones was throwing at him, I was hoping cormier would have some answers to wrestling a tall guy like that when his usual single leg attack failed but he didnt really adapt and Jones did

Yeah you were dead on about jones doing so much work in the clinch. Cormier did manage that one pretty nice slam off of a single at the end of the fight. He wanted that takedown so badly

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That ref on the undercard made an X with his arms as his signature ref pose, so we now have the foundations for the new DX. I'm sure that Dana White is a big DX Band fan, so we are going to have some rockin' national anthems at UFC shows from here on out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=entOf3-gbbw

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I think Cormier had good strikes off the clinch but JBJ has a solid chin, so Jones's body knees paid off more in the long run.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Cormier mentally broke after round 3, sorry all

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cain/Jones would be the biggest fight ever?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Bundt Cake posted:

Cormier mentally broke after round 3, sorry all

Well, he was getting hosed up right in his strengths by an overwhelming and imposing opponent. I feel like DC did a good job with what he had, it just turned out he had a lot less than he hoped against Jones' crazy rear end reach and leverage.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Agreed posted:

Well, he was getting hosed up right in his strengths by an overwhelming and imposing opponent. I feel like DC did a good job with what he had, it just turned out he had a lot less than he hoped against Jones' crazy rear end reach and leverage.

I was being a little cheeky because theres always that layer of trying to psychoanalyze the fighters or whatever. I think he was tired more than he really "mentally broke" whatever that means, but it just looked like he quit because he got so weak and stopped attacking in the fourth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Yeah, he was gassing. Jones has his body fine-tuned for perfect cardio without sacrificing strength in a meaningful way, and it'd be stupid to discount his own wrestling skill - he's tall and strong and that gives him advantages, but seeing some of his lateral drops in previous fights, daaamn. Even early on he was moving people around in ways you just can't if you're only using strength. DC brought a very, very wrestling-centric sensibility to the fight, pushed the pace like Cain would have but Cormier can't bring Cain's cardio. I feel like his frame is really better for Heavyweight, but the division isn't very appealing if you can fight one lower.

If he had paced himself better, he'd have been hosed up really early on - he HAD to fight at that pace to match Jones, and for all the poo poo I enjoy talking about Jon Jones as a brand, as a human being he is an amazingly complete fighter and seems on track to be the best ever. Hell of a lot worse people to lose to, even if he makes it harder by being such a shithead.

• Locked thread