Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I installed this Dragonball Z mod and nothing is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Have you leveled lockpicking or no...

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The best thing is stealing a guards armor (leave the helmet obviously) without him noticing every time he calls you a thief or acts like a shithead. If you play for a decent amount of time eventually every city will be filled with oblivious guards walking around in their underwear.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Pwnstar posted:

The best thing is stealing a guards armor (leave the helmet obviously) without him noticing every time he calls you a thief or acts like a shithead. If you play for a decent amount of time eventually every city will be filled with oblivious guards walking around in their underwear.

Just the guards?

Also, wow there's a lot of cut audio files for Three Dog, including ones where he reacts confusedly when you're an evil character and do something good and vice versa, or when your karma rating changes. It's a shame New Vegas just kind of had karma tacked on vestigially. And also that it didn't have a faithful enough analogue to Three Dog, although Mr. New Vegas got pretty close.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
A Legion radio station that broadcast intimidating speeches from Lanius would have been a cool way to build him up before you meet him, I love the guy but he's only in the game for one conversation :(

Unless you side with the Legion :)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Theta Zero posted:

Just the guards?

Also, wow there's a lot of cut audio files for Three Dog, including ones where he reacts confusedly when you're an evil character and do something good and vice versa, or when your karma rating changes. It's a shame New Vegas just kind of had karma tacked on vestigially. And also that it didn't have a faithful enough analogue to Three Dog, although Mr. New Vegas got pretty close.

TBF reputation was basically Karma expect much much better. I will agree that Mr. New Vegas wasn't as good as Three Dog though I prefer the song setlist in NV over FO3.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

The karma system in New Vegas should've just been dropped to begin with. Only a handful of things change according to Karma, and you literally get positive karma by mowing down raiders that are trying to kill you. The reputation system was a lot better for how characters react to you.

I didn't like Three Dog. I've only played through 3 like, twice, and the second time I made a point to kill him. I probably would've done the same to Mr. New Vegas, if he wasn't an intangible presence, but mostly for shiggles. His flirtatious advances kept me going through the Mojave.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

And also that it didn't have a faithful enough analogue to Three Dog, although Mr. New Vegas got pretty close.
Whelp, I suppose there's no accounting for taste. But really? You would have wanted some character to either give you heavy handed praise ("The brave courier from Goodsprings saved the day! Good job, kid!"), or call you a big meanie?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Mr. New Vegas is so much better than Three Dog. The OWB station is awesome too, I just wish there were stations for HH, DM, and TLR.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"If Three Dog were here, he'd say something witty. But he's not. 'Cause somebody killed him. So you get me playing music. Yay(!)."

Killing Three Dog was one of the last things I did before retiring my 100+ hours character. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Margaret's voice.

posh spaz
Jul 25, 2014
I have literally no idea why I never considered shooting Three Dog in the face before now.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Three Dog seems to exist exclusively to fellate/castigate the player.

Mr. New Vegas is reporting the news as someone who wouldn't even know who you are would. Which makes sense, because sure you'll build up cred before the endgame, but until you've at least got the faction quest chains showing up, no one with enough sway to run a radio station would have reason to put together that you're the one behind half the stuff on the news.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 5, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Mr. New Vegas is way cooler and more beautiful than Three Dog could ever hope to be. :colbert:

posh spaz
Jul 25, 2014

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Mr. New Vegas is reporting the news as someone who wouldn't even know who you are would. Which makes sense, because until you get within sight of the endgame, who actually would?

Yeah, that's my favorite part about Mr. New Vegas too.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Goku: Thanks because of you the ghouls made it back to their home planet. You're a Good person.

Goku: Take this senzu bean. It will heal your wounds when you eat it. I have to get back to training but remember that I'm watching you!

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Mierenneuker posted:

"If Three Dog were here, he'd say something witty. But he's not. 'Cause somebody killed him. So you get me playing music. Yay(!)."

Killing Three Dog was one of the last things I did before retiring my 100+ hours character. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard Margaret's voice.

The best thing about killing Three Dog is if you do it listening to Galaxy News Radio you can still hear him talking about how great you are for a little bit as you watch him fly from one side of the room to the other.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mr. New Vegas is reporting the news as someone who wouldn't even know who you are would. Which makes sense, because sure you'll build up cred before the endgame, but until you've at least got the faction quest chains showing up, no one with enough sway to run a radio station would have reason to put together that you're the one behind half the stuff on the news.

Given Mr New Vegas' true nature as an AI programmed by Mr House there's reason to believe he COULD NOT make the link even if he tried

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So this is a thing I just found out about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjknEcV6hw

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

After completing the Tenpenny Tower quest I learned to truly hate Three Dog because of that bullshit quest not ending with things working out after all the hard work I put into brokering peace between the ghouls and rich folk.

My favorite hidden thing about New Vegas is this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtlcDvqpV5w

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 5, 2015

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

chitoryu12 posted:

So this is a thing I just found out about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djjknEcV6hw

Pause this at :47. The guy is playing with some... interesting mods.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Gynovore posted:

Pause this at :47. The guy is playing with some... interesting mods.

Isn't that from the new vegas bounties mod? I think it's a lot more innocent then you might believe.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

posh spaz posted:

I have literally no idea why I never considered shooting Three Dog in the face before now.

It's been a really long while since I played F3, but I do believe Three Dog only survived in my very first play through. In the wasteland you just don't say no to me at point blank range.

That and I've found him to be a very annoying character that doesn't really add much to the narrative. On the other hand, I always went out of my way to protect Sticky, so who am I to judge.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

mackintosh posted:

It's been a really long while since I played F3, but I do believe Three Dog only survived in my very first play through. In the wasteland you just don't say no to me at point blank range.

That and I've found him to be a very annoying character that doesn't really add much to the narrative. On the other hand, I always went out of my way to protect Sticky, so who am I to judge.

They tried so hard to make Sticky annoying, but because he had so many unique and varying voice lines, he was less annoying than the actual companions that follow you indefinitely.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

holy poo poo did ropekid really sing this

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Fereydun posted:

holy poo poo did ropekid really sing this

Well he is a man of many talents.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I have a (NV) question that probably sounds really dumb to all the veterans here, but I'll ask it anyway: do you need the Jury Rigging perk to repair reinforced leather armour with normal leather armour?

I've forgotten, does Honest Hearts tell you when you're about to reach the point of no return? I think I've done most things, just got the Grand Staircase map and have done Follows-Chalk and Waking Cloud's quests. I haven't been to all the Father in the Caves locations yet, but is there anything else to do with the unique characters before going into the final bit? I'll definitely check out all the locations regardless, whether it be before or after the White Legs battle.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Honest Hearts definitely tells you when you're about to reach the point of no return. Reinforced leather armor can be reinforced with normal leather armor, according to both available Fallout wikias, so you don't need Jury Rigging.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I have a (NV) question that probably sounds really dumb to all the veterans here, but I'll ask it anyway: do you need the Jury Rigging perk to repair reinforced leather armour with normal leather armour?
Nope. Reinforced leather can be repaired with standard leather armor. Jurry Rigging will enable you to repair it with all light armours.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I've forgotten, does Honest Hearts tell you when you're about to reach the point of no return?
Yes.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Clinton1011 posted:

Isn't that from the new vegas bounties mod? I think it's a lot more innocent then you might believe.
Yeah I don't know what its a reference to since most of New Vegas Bounties are references to movies and books. I mean hell you fight loving Freddy Kruger at one point.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Reinforced leather armor can be reinforced with normal leather armor, according to both available Fallout wikias, so you don't need Jury Rigging.

Raygereio posted:

Nope. Reinforced leather can be repaired with standard leather armor. Jurry Rigging will enable you to repair it with all light armours.

Huh, weird. I tried yesterday to damage my normal leather armour, so I could use it to repair the reinforced stuff I found, but it didn't work. Was probably just doing something wrong then, honestly I don't really know how the Repair skill works outside of interacting with traps and being able to repair things... erm, better. Might have another go later if I'm not busy.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

AFAIK in NV an item has set repair lists (obviously jury rigging adds more items to that list), so you should always be able to repair the Reinforced leather with a plain leather armor. Your actual repair skill just dictates how much the item gets repaired by (unlike FO3, which had item repair caps based on your skill.) Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless you have Project Nevada and are using the Alternate Repair system where, as your repair skill increases, you get wider and wider lists of items you can use to repair things with.

This post has said repair a lot. Repair.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

achillesforever6 posted:

That one was the funniest to do because each take I would exaggerate the phrases more until they became ridiculous.

The folk/western ones were more difficult because they weren't quite in my range and the guitarists had to learn the music on the spot. I was really surprised when Bethesda used Home on the Wastes in the Ultimate Edition trailer. I had no idea they were even aware of it.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I've forgotten, does Honest Hearts tell you when you're about to reach the point of no return? I think I've done most things, just got the Grand Staircase map and have done Follows-Chalk and Waking Cloud's quests. I haven't been to all the Father in the Caves locations yet, but is there anything else to do with the unique characters before going into the final bit? I'll definitely check out all the locations regardless, whether it be before or after the White Legs battle.

Get Jury Rigging anyway it's the best perk of any perk in any Bethesda game. But if I remember correctly you can repair your Reinforced and Reinforced II leather armors with regular leather armors.

Honest Hearts's final battle is initiated when you talk to either the cool guy that everyone likes or the poo poo mormon that no one cares about and say its time to go to war or whatever you want to do. It's like Hey you wanna fight // "Yeah I wanna fight" // This is goin' to be a real rumble you sure // "Yeah I'm sure" // Okay you got all your poo poo and ready to fight now? // "Yeah I'm ready to fight" or something like that.

raton fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Jan 7, 2015

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Sheep-Goats posted:

Get Jury Rigging anyway it's the best perk of any perk in any Bethesda game. But if I remember correctly you can repair your Reinforced and Reinforced II leather armors with regular leather armors.

Honest Hearts's final battle is initiated when you talk to either the cool guy that everyone likes or the poo poo mormon that no one cares about and say its time to go to war or whatever you want to do. It's like Hey you wanna fight // "Yeah I wanna fight" // This is goin' to be a real rumble you sure // "Yeah I'm sure" // Okay you got all your poo poo and ready to fight now? // "Yeah I'm ready to fight" or something like that.

If you explore the caverns, there's really only one way to honor the wishes of the Father in the Caves. He was a cool guy, Courier. Do what he says.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I enjoyed my first (and only) full HH play through. These days I prefer the expedited way of completing that particular DLC.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Jack of Hearts posted:

If you explore the caverns, there's really only one way to honor the wishes of the Father in the Caves. He was a cool guy, Courier. Do what he says.

Does he say "blitz through this addon because you find it vaguely dull and hate all the loot?"

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

So someone made a song about the Wazer Wifle from Fallout 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wx6UdrZ1nhM

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Malpais Legate posted:

The karma system in New Vegas should've just been dropped to begin with. Only a handful of things change according to Karma, and you literally get positive karma by mowing down raiders that are trying to kill you. The reputation system was a lot better for how characters react to you.

The jsawyer mod does a pretty good job fixing the ridiculous amounts of good karma that get thrown at you.

The Colonel posted:

Mr. New Vegas is way cooler and more beautiful than Three Dog could ever hope to be. :colbert:

Mojave, Mo' Problems :cool:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Jsawyer makes New Vegas perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Thanks for the advice with the armour guys. Turns out I had to enter the Pip-Boy, equip the reinforced armour, leave the Pip-Boy, go back in, then I could fix it. Not sure whether that's normal or not! The armour in 3 was a lot more polar, so I'm trying to be... erm, strategic, I guess.