Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hmm

quidnose seems overly uh, something. whats the word

care posting

concern

too much of it, feels fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

What in my posting has changed since you called me town to warrant that about face derp :allears:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
This flavor game is too strong, I would not 1v1 this flavor, flavor has long A locked down no problem, flavor clutch

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
your over the top 'gee merk why you shoot that guy gosh!' posts, which i literally just said in my previous post.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: Just when I was starting to turn that game around!

Also an RL conversation I just had

Me: gently caress!
Ms.Opop: What?
Me: I'm doing poorly at this chess game
MO:Oh yeah, you're terrible at chess.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Is MO your Opop baby

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Little Baby Missouri

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Moe Popanax

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Epsilon Plus posted:

This gets a big old :rolleyes: from me though fyi

Well this is scummy as gently caress.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Ernie's mafia-related posts have been pretty poo poo but so have mine so, that's a thing. He makes a good point with regards to exaggeration but I never feel like my posts are "exaggerating" so much as my Posting Style. Somber's posting feels a bit ... I dunno, off? Based on my previous experiences. I'd buy Somber maybe a 3P over anything else but I don't have a good feel as for town/scum for him. He's not being as aggressive as he normally is IMO. More as I digest?

And this is some very weak insight based on the number of people who have been cased or casing.

Currently torn between voting Somber and Epsilon. On the one hand, Epsilon's posts are terrible but on the other, I've never played with him before so maybe that's just how he do whereas I know Somber so I feel more confident in my read there.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

uranus posted:

merk is confirmed town

Merk got the vig for winning the chess game. Do you still think he is town knowing that?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You pushed amoeba here with absolutely no follow up. How is this different?

I pushed Amoeba and then made an alignment call. I gave you a non-committal answer which you promptly ignored. Nice try though.

Also nice shot Merk, you killed the guy I had a declaration of friendship with. That means war between you and me.

Except not because I'm going for a culture victory so lets just have open borders.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Ok, the person I am most suspicious of at the moment is PMom.

Only 5 posts post-chess chat, but 4 of them are just to discredit people's opinions or cases.

Going through them, PMom interacts with Somber

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is a fantastically bad vote

Somberbrero posted:

does my Fantastically Bad Vote say anything about my alignment?

Pinterest Mom posted:

it could be an attempt to put pressure, so i guess not

PMom in fact seems to be discrediting his own opinion now that Somber is pushing him. I think the difference in the language in these two comments is relevant to this. In PMom's original comment the vote is "fantastically bad". Not sort of bad, or mostly bad - fantastically bad. That seems like a really strongly held opinion. However at the slightest sign of pressure PMom is prepared to walk away from that opinion. In response to Somber the language becomes very weak with the "could" and "i guess".

The next comment from PMom is to discredit Ernie's case that he is pushing on WO.

Ernie. posted:

hello,

our dearest friend winged orpheus tried to shoe-horn mafia gameplay where it doesn't belong because he felt like he had to

who feels like they 'have to' add mafia discussion, most people just shoot from the hip at what they disagree with

also notice how he's tried to stay under the radar by not commenting about it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

WO has five previous games on votefinder, three years ago. maybe "a-ha, they're self-consciously faking content" isn't a great argument against them in that context.

Anything WO has or hasn't done in this particular game is completely irrelevant to PMom dismissing Ernie's case. PMom has not considered the posts by WO before refuting Ernie's argument, as the entire dismissal is based on the number of games WO played before this.

PMom's last relevant post, in reply to Dugong commenting on EP.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Epsilon has always pinged me as incredibly scummy in every game I've been in with him, and he's usually (always?) ended up being town, so I kind of write off snarky scummy comments from him d1.

Again, PMom's comments are basically ignoring this game itself. PMom's opinion of EP is based solely on other games, instead of this game, where EP does have a reasonable number of posts to look at. This post is a dismissal of Dugong's concerns that EP may be scum without reference to the game we are actually playing.

In summary, PMom is scum because
- he is mostly posting comments that are dismissing people's opinions (even his own)
- people's posts and actions in *this* game are mostly irrelevant to his opinions

##vote PMom

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Your Personal Muse posted:

I pushed Amoeba and then made an alignment call. I gave you a non-committal answer which you promptly ignored. Nice try though.

Also nice shot Merk, you killed the guy I had a declaration of friendship with. That means war between you and me.

Except not because I'm going for a culture victory so lets just have open borders.

Actually, I was ignoring you deliberately because I couldn't be bothered engaging with you further. Your opinions are terrible and based on nothing (and not just your opinions of me) but I dont think you're worth pursuing D1.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Actually, I was ignoring you deliberately because I couldn't be bothered engaging with you further. Your opinions are terrible and based on nothing (and not just your opinions of me) but I dont think you're worth pursuing D1.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :iceburn:

are you gonna take that poo poo?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

PMom in fact seems to be discrediting his own opinion now that Somber is pushing him. I think the difference in the language in these two comments is relevant to this. In PMom's original comment the vote is "fantastically bad". Not sort of bad, or mostly bad - fantastically bad. That seems like a really strongly held opinion. However at the slightest sign of pressure PMom is prepared to walk away from that opinion. In response to Somber the language becomes very weak with the "could" and "i guess".
These are two different opinions. Somber's vote on CT is bad. Somber often unreasonably tunnels on people day 1 as town. I can think these two thoughts at the same time.

quote:

The next comment from PMom is to discredit Ernie's case that he is pushing on WO.

Anything WO has or hasn't done in this particular game is completely irrelevant to PMom dismissing Ernie's case. PMom has not considered the posts by WO before refuting Ernie's argument, as the entire dismissal is based on the number of games WO played before this.

...of course I considered WO's posts?

quote:

PMom's last relevant post, in reply to Dugong commenting on EP.

Again, PMom's comments are basically ignoring this game itself. PMom's opinion of EP is based solely on other games, instead of this game, where EP does have a reasonable number of posts to look at. This post is a dismissal of Dugong's concerns that EP may be scum without reference to the game we are actually playing.
and again, of course my opinion of EP is based on his posts this game. I get that you think meta arguments are bad, but "EP looks bad, but he's posting similarly to how he's posted in the past as town in games I've played with him" is not obviously dumb or useless, though you're trying to frame it that way.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So you think my opinions are based on literally nothing, but don't want to case me or pursue me. I'm ok with murdering FV

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

HiipFire posted:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :iceburn:

are you gonna take that poo poo?

what are you doing? are you a bomb? are you a fool?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

do you have a "act like a counterstrike pubbie" post restriction

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

ok that's a possibility.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Oh shoot votecounter is still counting my misquote vote ##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Killing Opo got him to resign this game.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Merk got the vig for winning the chess game. Do you still think he is town knowing that?

no

merk posted:

yes

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

merk posted:

what?

also jesus quid, did all of those need to be separate posts. -- Agree that somber on WO feels artificial.

FV's case on PMom feels genuine.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
He had lost the chess game but wouldn't resign.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey, the deadline is in six hours and we're either -9 or -10 to lynch. I don't really want to vote Orpheus or Epsilon+.

Quidnose posted:

Kill that pokemon Dugong thing he's weird

This is a weird suggestion considering your previous posts.

I don't like any of Quid's reaction to that vig, really. Would vote Quid.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
kill valary shes got a rad scum role

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

yeah ##vote fv

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Jeez, nine or ten short?

Large games are a goddamn mess

also hello thread

I slept poorly

what else is new

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah, if I remember correctly FV is Loved so it'll take thirteen votes rather than twelve.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The majority of the thread is loved so that's not really something we should be considering in the lynch today really, it bars too many candidates

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I mean obvs we should consider it because it means it takes an extra vote but I meant more along the lines of going "we shouldn't lynch x bc they're loved today" is a lovely idea

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm still not sold on the fv case myself. I know that'll look bad if it's a scum flip, but I just can't get on it----though the assertion that the vig was obtained via winning the chess game, ehhhhhhn

I do have to reread quid

that is a lot of words

Dugong posted:

what are you doing? are you a bomb? are you a fool?

the latter

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Rarity posted:

Well this is scummy as gently caress.

:rolleyes:

Rarity posted:

On the one hand, Epsilon's posts are terrible but on the other, I've never played with him before so maybe that's just how he do whereas I know Somber so I feel more confident in my read there.

We've technically played before but I doubt you could gleam much of my style from Mexican Standoff Mafia.

I'm not sure how I feel about f_v. Nothing particularly stands out to me. I think Quidnose was really pushing f_v/somber being a scum team together for a while and it looks like when that didn't get takers he's devolved into low-content posting. I think if he(?) was really convinced he would continue looking into it, this post stands out here:

Quidnose posted:

FV is my next vote.

I'll stop quoting their back and forth because you get the point but please tell me I am not the only one seeing how forced all of this is. Ridiculous.

You need to post on a topic to make people get traction on it, "this is so obvious I will not even post about it" is kinda bleh. Quidnose stands out the most to me currently. ##vote Quidnose

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll literally vote anyone. I haven't read much.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

...of course I considered WO's posts?

I don't see what is "of course" about it when you have never made a single comment about or in reference to his posts this game.

Pinterest Mom posted:

and again, of course my opinion of EP is based on his posts this game. I get that you think meta arguments are bad, but "EP looks bad, but he's posting similarly to how he's posted in the past as town in games I've played with him" is not obviously dumb or useless, though you're trying to frame it that way.

Where did I say meta arguments are bad? Somber has been pushing me specifically because I used a meta argument on Rarity.

You are just making an opinion up about me (FV thinks meta is bad) in an attempt to make it look like our argument is about meta, instead of addressing my actual point, which is that you hand waved away all of EP's posts without making any reference to their context within this game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

I'm still not sold on the fv case myself. I know that'll look bad if it's a scum flip, but I just can't get on it----though the assertion that the vig was obtained via winning the chess game, ehhhhhhn
hmm
##vote aw

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Where did I say meta arguments are bad? Somber has been pushing me specifically because I used a meta argument on Rarity.

You are just making an opinion up about me (FV thinks meta is bad) in an attempt to make it look like our argument is about meta, instead of addressing my actual point, which is that you hand waved away all of EP's posts without making any reference to their context within this game.

my eyes glazed over during the dumb somber/you fight and i attributed his opinion to you, whoops :shobon:

i don't know what point you're trying to make with that second part. "ep makes posts that look scummy, that's his meta" is not a hard thing to comprehend but you seem to have trouble with it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Hey, the deadline is in six hours and we're either -9 or -10 to lynch. I don't really want to vote Orpheus or Epsilon+.

This is a weird suggestion considering your previous posts.

I don't like any of Quid's reaction to that vig, really. Would vote Quid.

Why not EP?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah ##vote fv

Why am I scum?

Pinterest Mom posted:

hmm
##vote aw

Why is Allen scum? (As opposed to bad at reading)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I have a good gut read and I'm never wrong about Epsilon+, just ask him.

• Locked thread