Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
So I traded in my Abarth and got a new thing this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

GramCracker posted:

So I traded in my Abarth and got a new thing this weekend.

:hfive:

Picked up my Mythos Black S3 this weekend too. I'd love a set of the stock 18"s for winter though, they look amazing.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Jesus, that grill. That's a face only a mother could love. :v:

Grats on the cars, dudes.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

mik posted:

:hfive:

Picked up my Mythos Black S3 this weekend too. I'd love a set of the stock 18"s for winter though, they look amazing.

Sup S3 buddy! :glomp:

Mythos is a gorgeous color, congrats on joining the club! Misano wasn't a color I was considering (Glacier or Sepang were my cnoices), and I'm very pleased with the red. I went with the 18" wheels as I wasn't fond of the 19's... plus I plan to do springs/wheels come the summer. How are you liking yours so far?

I've got a few more pics from the beach:

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

doogle posted:

I'm going to leave it pretty stock, most I'll do is drop a D16z6 in it if this motor goes.

My EG hatch is pretty fast for about 50 miles at a time, followed by a 2 month downtime to fix all the poo poo that it breaks.

Yeah I feel you on that. I daily a 92 dx hatch and I really need to get something else. I fixed (replaced) pretty much everything on it except the motor and now I think the steering rack is going. I'm tired of working on it and I just want something I don't have to gently caress with anymore.

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

GramCracker posted:

Sup S3 buddy! :glomp:

Mythos is a gorgeous color, congrats on joining the club! Misano wasn't a color I was considering (Glacier or Sepang were my cnoices), and I'm very pleased with the red. I went with the 18" wheels as I wasn't fond of the 19's... plus I plan to do springs/wheels come the summer. How are you liking yours so far?

I've got a few more pics from the beach:

Oh yeah, totally love it. The red is a fantastic colour too. I haven't driven it too much since I live in Canada and don't have my winter wheels/tires yet - though they're on their way. Had I ordered a car from scratch, I would have gone with the stock 18"s as well + magride, but it was either buy what the dealer had on the lot which had some extra options I was ambivalent about (LED lights, 19"s, Red Callipers :rice:), or wait 3-4 months for a custom-ordered car.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012
do you guys have the quilted seats? mind taking some pictures? I fell in love with your car.

ohhhh myyy gooooood :gizz:

BigHouseOfBooty fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jan 6, 2015

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Sit down for this... they aren't available in the US yet. Rumor has it they will be an option starting sometime in Q1 of 2015. Yes, it is a bummer as those are really visually appealing, but I have ZERO qualms with the current stock seats (other than no diamond stitching).

Physically they are the same seat, just the current ones in US spec cars don't have the shoulder bolsters integrating the head rest...or the hella cool diamond stitching.

(not the color seats in my car, mine are all black)

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 6, 2015

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Sunday's canyon test of my repairs to the 325ix was fun.

The IX gang, friend's ~450hp evo led. We're both awd and about the same weight... I just have 2/3 the traction. :D

Lit up:

Bottom of Latigo canyon, snake was busy.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Sunday's canyon test of my repairs to the 325ix was fun.

The IX gang, friend's ~450hp evo led. We're both awd and about the same weight... I just have 2/3 the traction. :D

Lit up:

Bottom of Latigo canyon, snake was busy.

My snake is busy RIGHT NOW!

Sweet ride, though.

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

GramCracker posted:

Sit down for this... they aren't available in the US yet.
:( I really hope they will be.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

do you guys have the quilted seats? mind taking some pictures? I fell in love with your car.

ohhhh myyy gooooood :gizz:

Nope, nothing vaguely sexual looking about those.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dunno, I see a penis and a vag but I also see a cobra snake. Put those in the mustang.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute

I picked up this '92 Miata this weekend. 125k on it, almost all stock. Been a fun few days.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

UnkleBoB posted:

I picked up this '92 Miata this weekend. 125k on it, almost all stock. Been a fun few days.

Get some Ronal Teddy Bears for it

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

PCOS Bill posted:

Get some Ronal Teddy Bears for it

This, plus a big honkin' turbo.

UnkleBoB
Jul 24, 2000

Beginner's Version, Copyright,
1991 - Please Copy and Distribute
Teddy Bears on order.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

meatpimp posted:

This, plus a big honkin' turbo.

And a V8.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Well I have a classic motorcycle

and had problems with weather and starting it cold after I moved and it's a constant project.
So I figured it would go hand in hand with a 76 chevy boogie van
I then found out that my new town has snow and ice and the van is not a 4x4 and slides around with no weight in the back. So I got on craigslist and bought a 89 Blazer

which I promptly used to total a vietnam vets new Chrysler 300

Now it's cold and wet and snowing and I'm driving this piece of poo poo around but it runs great. All I want is the junkyard to be opened for one day on the weekend when its not snowing or raining.

Also have a 2011 ford fiesta, but who wants to see that shitbox.

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 7, 2015

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Went out over the weekend to play with my new 6D and mess around in the snow.

Nerolus posted:

:colbert:

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

SFH1989 posted:

Went out over the weekend to play with my new 6D and mess around in the snow.

:colbert:

Are those Continental winters? How do you like them?

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Gorson posted:

Are those Continental winters? How do you like them?

I like them a lot and they're not too expensive, $75 a tire for 195/60-15. They're not the best when it gets warmer (over 55°F) but they do their job and work great in the cold and snow. One also survived hitting a pothole that bent the steel wheel to the point it would only hold 25psi.

This is my fault but they seem to need to be rotated every 3000 miles. I left them for all 6k miles I drove last winter and the fronts were worn to about 35%. A friend with a 2013 Mazda 3 rotated them part way through and all four of his still look good and he has more miles on them.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Nerolus posted:

This is the correct response. Well done. And nice Ford.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

SFH1989 posted:

I like them a lot and they're not too expensive, $75 a tire for 195/60-15. They're not the best when it gets warmer (over 55°F) but they do their job and work great in the cold and snow. One also survived hitting a pothole that bent the steel wheel to the point it would only hold 25psi.

This is my fault but they seem to need to be rotated every 3000 miles. I left them for all 6k miles I drove last winter and the fronts were worn to about 35%. A friend with a 2013 Mazda 3 rotated them part way through and all four of his still look good and he has more miles on them.

This is the same thing I noticed. They wear fast, but they are just obscene in the snow. I finally put mine on over the weekend. Same size even. It froze pretty hard overnight last night and I was hooning around like a complete rear end in a top hat this morning trying to break traction. They're amazing.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

This is the correct response. Well done. And nice Ford.

Thanks. I did come here to post that picture it was just more appropriate than I planned.

veedubfreak posted:

This is the same thing I noticed. They wear fast, but they are just obscene in the snow. I finally put mine on over the weekend. Same size even. It froze pretty hard overnight last night and I was hooning around like a complete rear end in a top hat this morning trying to break traction. They're amazing.

I've heard of some people getting well over 20k miles out of them but who knows what they consider acceptable tread. Mine probably won't make it through another winter but $300 for two winters is okay with me for how good they've been. I could probably have gotten three out of them if I had been just a little more careful.

I also like that they "match" my all season 205/50-16 ExtremeContact DWS'.

I also put a set of them in 225/65-16 on my mom's '13 AWD 2.0 EB Escape and that thing is just silly in the snow. The first storm I took her out in, so she would be comfortable with her new car and snow tires, I tried to get it stuck by taking it up the steepest hill I could find in ~4" of snow and it didn't even get close. It also looks pretty cool with steelies.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
If you are in a place that has a mix of rain and snow during the season, don't get them. A worn RS3 hydroplanes less in the rain.

That said, for snow/ice they are quite good.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!
Out of its comfort zone in the scrub:

Bonus Bluebird:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

tobu posted:

Out of its comfort zone in the scrub:

Bonus Bluebird:

It's been ages since I've told you how much I like your car.

I like your car. A lot.

Anything done to it lately?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Brought home today!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CommieGIR posted:

Brought home today!

Nice! How many of the window switches/regulators work? If it's an idle problem, it's the ISV.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

Nice! How many of the window switches/regulators work? If it's an idle problem, it's the ISV.

It DOES have a minor idle issue! Well done!

All the windows and sunroof work, and he gave me a ton of spares.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tobu posted:

Bonus Bluebird:

Those Bluebirds rusted out so quickly. I remember seeing them in the late 80s with rust pouring out all over the place.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
At this point the bluebird has to be rarer than the skyline. I can't remember the last time I saw close to that tidy

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

ExecuDork posted:

It's been ages since I've told you how much I like your car.

I like your car. A lot.

Anything done to it lately?

Hey, Thanks. I'm just starting to love it again myself - it made me very sad for a while after the cooling system shat itself, the rotors got more warped than Kirk and then the HICAS gave up and started making the most amazing noise during left handed turns.

Most of thats been fixed now. A few months back it got a big arse alloy radiator which cost me only a 100 bucks new. Some DBA slotted rotors went on last week with some QBS Endless pads and today I'm hoping my shipment of Federal RSR 595 semi-slicks arrive.

I'm going to have to wait to get a HICAS locking bar on because I want to buy some sway bars and do it all at the same time. The final steps for this year will be a monochrome set of number plates and the bonnet resprayed in matte black to cover up the peeling, fading poo poo job the last panel beater did.

sadnessboner posted:

At this point the bluebird has to be rarer than the skyline. I can't remember the last time I saw close to that tidy

Its the 'Adventurer' pack too which I'm told is looked after. The bloke who owns that has two other Bluebirds and a couple of Datsun 120Y's. Its actually in quite good nick up close. The only thing that really lets it down is that all the carpet is slowly turning into dust which is fun to inhale.

tobu fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 9, 2015

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Post the winterest beaters you got :getin:

98 Civic DX with some cheapo WinterClaw tires I just picked up. With a 5 speed, this thing is a shitload of fun in the snow. Now I can embarrass trucks and SUVs at stoplights!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ah yes, the exotic civic, known for embarrassing trucks and SUVs.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Well, they certainly don't seem to happy when my little poo poo-heap takes off from a stop light with ease and they're swinging rear end into adjacent lanes trying to grab some traction. I lost count of the number of times one of them has given me the ricer flyby when they finally catch up :shrug:

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

DELETED posted:

Well, they certainly don't seem to happy when my little poo poo-heap takes off from a stop light with ease and they're swinging rear end into adjacent lanes trying to grab some traction. I lost count of the number of times one of them has given me the ricer flyby when they finally catch up :shrug:

My gf just picked up a twin 97ex 5 speed for a grand. Eve taken it for 16 runs of rally cross besides DD duty and it's taken it like a chan. Reminded me of why I love Honda.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I think you're racing someone in your imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

travisray2004 posted:

I think you're racing someone in your imagination.

No the reduced curb-weight and thin tires make ideal traction in the snow.