Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Torrannor posted:

Also, is Hoeneß going to be Bayern President again once he's permanently out of jail?

I think the members elect the President, so... maybe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Nimmy posted:

I think the members elect the President, so... maybe...

While I think that he would get the majority of votes to get elected, I don't think he will put himself up for election again. He will obviously be part of the club again, but not in a position like that. Of course, he will still have quite a bit of influence, even if he's just a regular member.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Lol if you think Hoeneß will ever not be (or was ever not) president.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Katana Gomai posted:

Lol if you think Hoeneß will ever not be (or was ever not) president.

Basically, yeah. He will obviously be involved in many of the club's decisions going forward, but all behind closed doors and not publically.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
As of 2. January 2015 Hoeneß is a day-release prisoner and from what I understand he signs his new work contract with the FC Bayern today (Monday). Based on his own wish he will work in the youth section.

German media also questions his suitability as a role model for young people.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
thanks, newsbot

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

But is he still a poophead scumlord?

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Apparently Thomas Müller is a big bully

"The Guardian' posted:

Dante has told Thomas Müller to stop making jokes about Brazil’s 7-1 defeat against Germany last summer or he will punch him.

Since that World Cup semi-final defeat in July, Dante, the Brazil centre-back, has endured months of jokes at the hands of his Bayern Munich team-mates, many of whom were in the Germany team.

But the worst offender has been Müller

:qq:

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Dancing Müller is a necessity..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VnKQVXtFfo

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
TodaysYesterdays

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
that's pretty hilarious. Dante must have poo poo himself.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

thomas muller is the best.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The Bundesliga has lost Junior Malanda, famous for missing the most surefire sitter against Bayern on matchday one, in a car accident. RIP mate, you looked pretty promising. :sadwave:

Healbot fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 10, 2015

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Fffffuck :(

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Yeah, just saw that. :(

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Whaaaat? That's awful. RIP

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Someone page a mod, we should rename the thread. poo poo.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Katana Gomai posted:

Someone page a mod, we should rename the thread. poo poo.

I don't think that's a very good thread title.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Terrible news. 20 years old, man.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
loving rip, he was probably gonna wind up being Real Good.

20 years old, jesus christ.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
In other news, the Allianz Arenas capacity increase has now been officially approved - 75,000 spectators at Bundesliga/Cup/Friendly home games and 70.000 on international match days (CL/National teams).

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ephex posted:

In other news, the Allianz Arenas capacity increase has now been officially approved - 75,000 spectators at Bundesliga/Cup/Friendly home games and 70.000 on international match days (CL/National teams).

How much of that is safe standing ?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

jre posted:

How much of that is safe standing ?

15994 to be precise

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It's 7 AM in England and Didi Hamann is live tweeting cricket. I think we might have to do a mercy killing. Goon project?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
First year in ages I can't go home to watch a game and I luck out and the team come to me in Florida and we lose to some poo poo house Brazilians. Got a chance to see some youth team players I have bendy once heard of in my life at least I guess.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Tim Wiese is doing well.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Dunban posted:

Tim Wiese is doing well.

How is his wrestling career going?

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
Jesus! He is literally a Hulk.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dunban posted:

Tim Wiese is doing well.

fuuuuuck

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I like the sick burns against Wengy here: http://www.zeit.de/sport/2015-01/klopp-bvb-eilenberger-interview/komplettansicht

ALso Klopp is poo poo, found out etc

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Bundesliga is finally back tomorrow, tipp those kicks!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Wengy posted:

I like the sick burns against Wengy here: http://www.zeit.de/sport/2015-01/klopp-bvb-eilenberger-interview/komplettansicht

this owns so much

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wengy posted:

Kindermannschaften, Stagnationstrainer, Wengerisierung des BVB... someone buy this guy an account

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Smirr posted:

Kindermannschaften, Stagnationstrainer, Wengerisierung des BVB... someone buy this guy an account

He's using some big words, but he's not wrong.

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

He has an immensely punchable face though.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Myron posted:

He has an immensely punchable face though.

But enough about Klopp :newlol:

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES
Wow Honjsteak I just saw that you picked Leverkusen, Dortmond and Bayern to be places 16-18 at the end of the season. :laffo:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

1 out of 3 ain't bad.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Healbot posted:

1 out of 3 ain't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

nippythefish posted:

Wow Honjsteak I just saw that you picked Leverkusen, Dortmond and Bayern to be places 16-18 at the end of the season. :laffo:

A man can dream.

• Locked thread