Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FrozenVent posted:

outside the us it's faster and cheap enough

ah yes let me use this method of transferring money that costs money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Nintendo Kid posted:

a thing that bitcoiners also say

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Nintendo Kid posted:

it is literally free for anyone to use unless you count incidentals that are entirely unrelated to the actual transfer of money

the biggest pain in my butt re: money transfers has been that some bank combinations did not used to have a same-day transfer agreement, but that's now a legislated demand so gently caress you banks lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

aside from that its been just hand out whoever your reg# + acct# and they can give you money and not do anything else

i probably have the acct numbers of at least 30 people in my text history

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

it is literally free for anyone to use unless you count incidentals that are entirely unrelated to the actual transfer of money

the biggest pain in my butt re: money transfers has been that some bank combinations did not used to have a same-day transfer agreement, but that's now a legislated demand so gently caress you banks lol

according to him it is not "free" but rather "cheap"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
like with many technologies, the US rapidly gets the first, worst version of things, and then has massive infrastructure that is a pain to upgrade

lmao at Europe, who doesn't understand that version 1.0 is the best

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Nintendo Kid posted:

i dont know what country or bank he uses but for me it is free.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nintendo Kid posted:

in the UK at least it's free. and usually if I check my account a minute later it's there. not used a check in like 15 years.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i used to mess with my brother by transfering 1 øre (read cent) amounts with attached lines of text that told him to go gently caress himself

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

spamming the poo poo outta his account

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i dont know what country or bank he uses but for me it is free.

I've only ever transferred to people at the same bank so that's free idk if there's a fee for anyone else

I literally use my credit card for like 95% of purchases, and I get annoyed when I can't use NFC at the terminal what is this 2010

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea it did used to be "next weekday" but for some reason they decided to run the sync at like 8pm so if you were at 9pm and across banks, it would take another day.

never made a difference that i know of though

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i guess fishmech had no more to say about our obviously inferior banking systems

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
glad you admit they are

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Helsinki syndrome, nothing we can do here.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CampingCarl posted:

! Though they probably know roughly what happened. I might be less worried about the same thing happening.

Lets be honest here, they probably had the private key to their hotwallet written on a post-it note.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
why are you guys arguing with the smartest kid in america, dont you know you are place or something?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Weatherman posted:

why are you guys arguing with the smartest kid in america, dont you know you are place or something?

i bask in righteous glory as i await his argument pivot

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Helsinki syndrome, nothing we can do here.

What's Helsinki syndrome? Stockholm syndrome with more As?

I was excited that Bitstamp had done something stupid but it was all checkque chat and now my crest is fallen,

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

AlbieQuirky posted:

I was excited that Bitstamp had done something stupid but it was all checkque chat and now my crest is fallen,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7VHiz1V7Fs&t=41s

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I had no memory of them getting that wrong. That 's hilarious. Right up there with Krakatoa, East of Java.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

AlbieQuirky posted:

I had no memory of them getting that wrong. That 's hilarious. Right up there with Krakatoa, East of Java.

It's such a great detail cause you can tell they know the right one when he goes "As in Helsinki, Sweden" and gets corrected

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

AlbieQuirky posted:

it's similar to the Helvetica Scenario

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqfSqUuo7Ms

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
holy gently caress how are people still getting fishmeched in 2015

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Dessert Rose posted:

in three threads at once no less.

he's especially frisky today

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dessert Rose posted:

notice he stepped outta this one cause he couldnt hack it :smug:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

you about to get fishmeched again son

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i know im playin w fire

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Snapchat A Titty posted:

you admitted your system sucked, thus i won.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Nintendo Kid posted:

you admitted your system sucked, thus i won.

oh snap

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
ilu fishmech

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
quit getting fishmeched yall

Snapchat A Titty posted:

i used to mess with my brother by transfering 1 øre (read cent) amounts with attached lines of text that told him to go gently caress himself

this owns though

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

ACH fraud is a thing that happens, especially to commercial accounts. All retail accounts will likely have ACH debit by default, because it's how cheques clear, automatic bill-pay is set up, etc.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ANAmal.net posted:

quit getting fishmeched yall

this owns though

ty

one day to come my son will come upon the verb "to fishmech" and ask me pa, did you ever get fishmeched? but I can answer him truthfully: I did meet the fishmech once, in the dawn of 2014. And he talked about this and that but nothing that had any meaning or relation to the real truth: that america is poo poo for idiot hell fuckers. So after several minutes he changed the topic and took another form, as in the legend of Dragonball. I never got an aswer to that last argument I had made. Then I'll ruffle my son's hair and tell him not to chat with strangers online but he's way ahead of me and has already set up a whitelist.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

if you meet the fishmech on the road, fistbump him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

ACH fraud is a thing that happens, especially to commercial accounts. All retail accounts will likely have ACH debit by default, because it's how cheques clear, automatic bill-pay is set up, etc.

is that when i get random $2k+ checks from a company account in the mail with a letter to cash it and send half to some dude in nigeria

• Locked thread