Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man Michael Keaton is like the stereotype of a Pittsburgher from a blue collar family who made it big once he left working on Mr. Rogers as a grip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't understand why Keaton sobbed about his son.

You mean being overwhelmed and making himself vulnerable and openly loving his son?

EDIT: YOU MEAN 2014 WINNER Selma???

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

And here I thought Oprah would present "Dumb and Dumber To"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I bet Oprah feels a lot of pressure when she has to pronounce a complicated African name in front of an audience.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jiro posted:

You mean being overwhelmed and making himself vulnerable and openly loving his son?

EDIT: YOU MEAN 2014 WINNER Selma???
Also being a little tipsy might have made it more emotional

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Selma was very good imo

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

euphronius posted:

Where is this going

I thought he was going to come out.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Lifetime Achievement awards are always timed perfectly. Watch live until that starts, skip over to HBO for 30 minutes, and then skip over things you don't care about.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I know it's on me for having not watched it but there is literally no way that The Affair is good enough to sweep TV drama like it is

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Selma was very good imo

It was one of the better biopics I've seen in a long time and most of that was due to Oyelowo. It also helped that it wasn't a full life biopic. When biopics focus more on specific events they're usually a lot better.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
does anyone else think the songs in frozen were all very mediocre and not nearly that catchy?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

nooneofconsequence posted:

I thought he was going to come out.

Me too. Definitely felt like it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holy poo poo I need to see birdman!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

:stare: Jesus that's some spray tan Channing has going on.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well there's Iron Man!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Check off Iron Man

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

You should watch Observe and Report. Imagine if Taxi Driver was a dark comedy about a mall cop.

Award show time is good because it fills up my Netflix queue

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Oh hey, Ironman

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

lelandjs posted:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\Turn off this stupid loving awards show and watch Luther right loving now.

Capitan America, Iron Man, Black Widow, The Shadow. I think that's it.

There's Iron Man.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
here's I. Ron Man

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I was wondering when Robert Downey Jr. was going to show up

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Akbar posted:

does anyone else think the songs in frozen were all very mediocre and not nearly that catchy?

I only remember the snowman summer song personally but a song doesn't have to be catchy if you hear it eleventy billion loving times

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wow

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wes Anderson upset!!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grand Budapest? Oh well, allright then. I'll accept that.

shoulda gone to Birdman

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hoighty toighty faux Euro movie wins out!!! But it's one I liked so who gives a gently caress.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Akbar posted:

You are probably not in that music's target demographic. My kid cousins have all of those drat songs memorized and sing it at the slightest provocation.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Grand Budupset.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Deadpool posted:

It was one of the better biopics I've seen in a long time and most of that was due to Oyelowo. It also helped that it wasn't a full life biopic. When biopics focus more on specific events they're usually a lot better.

I agree. That's why Lincoln and The Social Network (if it counts) worked so well.

Grand Budapest Hotel is a good choice here.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Yay Jeff Goldblum in the background

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gonna go see birdman

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Dexo posted:

You are probably not in that music's target demographic. My kid cousins have all of those drat songs memorized and sing it at the slightest provocation.

I dunno, I really like showtunes. I just don't think those were very memorable musically or lyrically.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dexo posted:

Let it go! Let it go! Can't hold it back anymore!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

And Adam Brody's career continues even after that poo poo Houdini biopic. :smith:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well I hope that Boyhood wins the big award Mr. Announcer Guy.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

As someone who didn't like Moonrise Kingdom because it was too Wes Anderson-y and ended up liking Grand Budapest quite a bit this is fine with me.

edit: Birdman was good too but despite it's inventiveness I can't see myself watching it again anytime soon.

Jiro posted:

Hoighty toighty faux Euro movie wins out!!! But it's one I liked so who gives a gently caress.

"Hoighty toighty" are like the last words you could use to describe it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Akbar posted:

I dunno, I really like showtunes. I just don't think those were very memorable musically or lyrically.
They weren't. It's Disney and it's not Elton John doing The Lion King.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
I'm a couple of minutes behind, but Channing Tatum gives us Gambit (2016).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Deadpool posted:

Grand Budupset.

Nooice.

• Locked thread