Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Burt Buckle posted:

This is my favorite TNA post ever.

It is a tantrum post that makes no sense thought. Would have been better placed in the NXT thread. The Jeff Hardy thing wasn't a scoop it was me assessing the situation and me being right about it. It was something to me that was obvious and I was shocked that other people didn't point out already.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Equipment doesn't explain away the bad camera work and missing key spots. Actually other than the delays at the beginning of the tapings I can't think of one production misstep on the broadcast I'd chalk up to substandard equipment. Production staff, yeah, but not the cameras themselves.

There was a rumour on Twitter that they didn't have a production truck. No major news outlet confirmed that though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Daniel Bryan posted:

Dixie's mother.

I didn't realize Jason Voorhees was Dixie's brother.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

It is a tantrum post that makes no sense thought. Would have been better placed in the NXT thread. The Jeff Hardy thing wasn't a scoop it was me assessing the situation and me being right about it. It was something to me that was obvious and I was shocked that other people didn't point out already.

There was a rumour on Twitter that they didn't have a production truck. No major news outlet confirmed that though.

Wasn't there a brief shot of Gaburick in the truck at one point? Either preceding or just after the big brawl. I don't know the layout of that building at all so maybe it could've been a room or booth in the facility itself but it looked like an enclosed space from the fleeting seconds it was onscreen.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rovert posted:

how can you be so dense as to not recognize something that is clearly another thing with words replaced you massive goober

Alaois fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 12, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Alouicious posted:

how can you be so dense as to not recognized something that is clearly another thing with words replaced you massive goober

He didn't break the scoop.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Good news everyone I'm here to save the thread with my good posts

TNA sux lol

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Alouicious posted:

how can you be so dense as to not recognize something that is clearly another thing with words replaced you massive goober

Where did I say didn't know where it is from? It is from Breaking Bad. How that means that the post makes sense in the context of the Jeff Hardy thing is something you will have to explain to me.

You are calling me dense is funny as that's how the only thing started. Someone being dismissive of me when I said the Hardy was clearly all an angle. Something that ultimately I was correct on. So bored of this and the name calling.

ayn rand hand job posted:

He didn't break the scoop.

Yup. As previously stated the Jeff Hardy thing wasn't a scoop. I didn't ask anyone about it though as it was immediately obvious to me that it was an angle.

Agreed and so has this thread lately.

rovert fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 12, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Appreciate the work you are doing Rovert. Rovert Rules.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cory Lidle posted:

Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you tweet? Do you know how many scoops I see a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop being right about wrestling on the internet? A WordPress rumor blog big enough that it could be sourced on LordsofPain goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not being owned by PSP, Cultlife. I am the PSP. A guy opens his door and gets future endeavored and you think that of me? No. I am the one who scoops!

I just wanted to quote a good post again.

Also, I like how they said that darkening the audience was to make sure that people focused more on the ring. Uh huh. It wasn't because like, nobody was there!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

Codependent Poster posted:

I just wanted to quote a good post again.

Also, I like how they said that darkening the audience was to make sure that people focused more on the ring. Uh huh. It wasn't because like, nobody was there!

They did 450 or so in a 600 seat building didn't they? They could have easily brought the people to the front and made it look full, so yeah I'd blame incompetence in this case.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rovert posted:

Agreed and so has this thread lately.

actually this thread is good

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Spermgod posted:

Appreciate the work you are doing Rovert. Rovert Rules.

If you don’t know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly.

Codependent Poster posted:

But who attended the second night said that even though the attendance was smaller the house lights were turned up. But accounts like that can be misleading obviously for a host of reasons.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
The first night honestly was pretty good in terms of the attendance. They filled out the floor level entirely, so a couple sparse rows in the upper balcony is whatever. Darkening the crowd actually gives more credence to the twitter photo which is peak TNA.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

rovert posted:

If you don’t know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly.

If you are going to have a tantrum then take it to the NXT thread.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
This thread is about as good as TNA

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rovert posted:

rovey's for real ya'll.

i know folks have been offering a lot of unrequested/unrequited advice, but dude, this isn't wrestling.ie, f4w or other boards. it really might be worth you lurking other subforums of sa before you get up in arms before the next inevitable next time someone goes on attack against you. i've actually come around to you, but if you aren't going to "get" what SomethingAwful is about, you're going to get probated/banned a lot. just get the temp of this place before you go "I AM ROVERT, I AM INTERNETS, I THINK YOU ARE ATTACKING ME BY MAKING JABS/BITS ABOUT MY GIMMICK AND I MUST DEFEND MY HONOR. SO WATCH IT GUYZ."

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's not wise to troll me, please stop

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

talk about tna or die

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't care if it was a work, that Hardy bump was still Gross As Hell, just my opinion. :)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Bring back Willow IMO

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Bring back Willow IMO

Jeff Hardy may not be allowed out of the country, but Willow isn't a convicted felon!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Bring back Willow IMO

Jeff gets hurt either way. Check out that catch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhhMnh7KrEM

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cory Lidle posted:

The first night honestly was pretty good in terms of the attendance. They filled out the floor level entirely, so a couple sparse rows in the upper balcony is whatever. Darkening the crowd actually gives more credence to the twitter photo which is peak TNA.

The Manhattan Center is a tiny tiny venue for televised wrestling, if you can't sell it out it's not pretty good, especially with comps.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer on TNA on the LAW radio show: "They are like a bunch of Kindergartners that can't graduate to first grade".

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RIP Jeff Hardy never forget

http://youtu.be/iyepjOy-19I

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Jeff gets hurt either way. Check out that catch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhhMnh7KrEM

This moment gets lost in the shuffle of all the LOLTNA stuff but I think it might be my favourite TNA moment of all time. The shriek, the hilarious costuming, the wrestlers moving out of the way instead of catching him, etc make it some of the very best unintentional comedy TNA's ever produced.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

flashy_mcflash posted:

This moment gets lost in the shuffle of all the LOLTNA stuff but I think it might be my favourite TNA moment of all time. The shriek, the hilarious costuming, the wrestlers moving out of the way instead of catching him, etc make it some of the very best unintentional comedy TNA's ever produced.

OFF THE TOPPA THE CAAAAAGE!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spermgod posted:

OFF THE TOPPA THE CAAAAAGE!

*SPLAT*

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011
Jeff Hardy's trending on Facebook right now:

quote:

Jeff Hardy: WWE wrestler knocked out after falling from top of cage onto steel steps during match

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Claytor posted:

:laffo:

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Claytor posted:

The answer to the question "Why does WWE offer free rehab to former talent?"

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
was there ever a storyline reason why Willow stopped showing up or was Jeff Hardy just Jeff Hardy again

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Bard Maddox posted:

was there ever a storyline reason why Willow stopped showing up or was Jeff Hardy just Jeff Hardy again

No. He just stopped showing up as Willow when they began taping in NYC.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

They did have a segment that led into his return as Hardy, which was basically someone (Angle I think?) telling him that he needed the old Jeff Hardy back and that he could have a title shot if he stopped with the willow poo poo.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

rovert posted:

Ahahahahaha did you seriously just unironically post "IT IS NOT WISE TO TROLL ME." :laffo:

Also I swear there was some throwaway line a while back to dismiss Willow.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Skinty McEdger posted:

They did have a segment that led into his return as Hardy, which was basically someone (Angle I think?) telling him that he needed the old Jeff Hardy back and that he could have a title shot if he stopped with the willow poo poo.

Did he ever get that title shot?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

triplexpac posted:

Did he ever get that title shot?

Yeah it was his match against Lashley, which he lost. I seem to recall the whole thing happening over the space of like 2 segments on a throwaway episode of Impact.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

bradzilla posted:

Ahahahahaha did you seriously just unironically post "IT IS NOT WISE TO TROLL ME." :laffo:

Also I swear there was some throwaway line a while back to dismiss Willow.

That was also a Breaking Bad quote and was actually kind of funny.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm pretty sure Hernandez is still owed a title shot that he won in one of the FEAST OR MY FIRED matches.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure at least 2 or 3 former wrestlers are still owed title shots they never resolved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

DJExile posted:

I'm pretty sure Hernandez is still owed a title shot that he won in one of the FEAST OR MY FIRED matches.

No, Hernandez cashed in his world title shot in a 4 way match to make it a 5 way match because he's an idiot.

• Locked thread