Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Wait a second.

Wasn't the fight between Sonic and Genos right in his apartment building and 20 minutes BEFORE Fubuki tried to shake down Saitama? where's the resulting chaos and destruction that should've happened in between?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Maybe Genos convinced him to hold the fight elsewhere?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Most of the huge people like Pri-Pri Prisoner are constantly getting their poo poo pushed in. They look intimidating but they're not actually as big a threat as the guy who got super stronk by exercising even though he only looks swimming-buff.

Yeah, I know most of them have powers and stuff too though. Just let me have my joke. :v:

It's a manga about being serious when striving to achieve your goals.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Matoi Ryuko posted:

It's a manga about being serious when striving to achieve your goals.

Genos has that pretty much on lock now. :v:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I was so certain that the shakedown was going to end with S-Class Genos coming outside and acting deferential to Saitama and the B list gang making GBS threads themselves in fear.

I can't believe that the author has been able to make the same "No one takes Saitama seriously" joke for so long and yet it's still consistently hilarious.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 7, 2015

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

pentyne posted:

I was so certain that the shakedown was going to end with S-Class Genos coming outside and acting deferential to Saitama and the B list gang making GBS threads themselves in fear.

I can't believe that the author has been able to make the same "No one takes Saitama seriously" joke for so long and yet it's still consistently hilarious.

I think it helps that Saitama rarely takes Saitama seriously.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The art also really helps. I laugh every time I see cartoonish Saitama give a big goofy grin in the same panel as some really detailed serious business character.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

pentyne posted:

It's because each one tops the previous in arrogance.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's because each one tops the previous in arrogance.

Funnier, it's always coincidental as no one ever pays attention to him except geno

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
So how long does it take for a new English translation to be released? I can't get enough of this guy.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Are those sound effects on panel 5 of page 12 the same ones Jojo is famous for?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

So how long does it take for a new English translation to be released? I can't get enough of this guy.

About a few hours after its released in Japan.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Superstring posted:

Are those sound effects on panel 5 of page 12 the same ones Jojo is famous for?

Yeah but pretty much everyone uses them from time to time. Just one of those made-up sounds that's supposed to convey an atmosphere or mood or whatever

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Pewdiepie posted:

That was very considerate of ONE to include a sister for ADTRW to find sexy as well.

Holy poo poo, Pewds is actually a good poster.

That's a Chaos Dunk right there.

cyrus_zane
Mar 28, 2014

Captain Bravo posted:

Maybe Genos convinced him to hold the fight elsewhere?

If I remember the way it went in ONE's version. Its pretty much implied that they have a moving fight that roams around the neighborhood before finally circling back to saitama's place.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Holy poo poo, Pewds is actually a good poster.

That's a Chaos Dunk right there.

It's not the actual pewdiepie. There are some subtle hints to let you know, like how the post isn't in all caps and full of reddit memes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

That was very considerate of ONE to include a sister for ADTRW to find sexy as well.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fuego Fish posted:

It's not the actual pewdiepie. There are some subtle hints to let you know, like how the post isn't in all caps and full of reddit memes.

Respect Pewds or the Bro Army will kick your rear end.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pewdiepie posted:

God drat

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Out of curiosity, how many chapters of this series are there?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
61 in the Miura run currently

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

61 in the Miura run currently

Murata

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I am curious and horrified to see what would happen in a Kentaro Miura version of Onepunch Man.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ahhhhh

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Its like he floored us all in ... One Punch.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Darth Walrus posted:

I am curious and horrified to see what would happen in a Kentaro Miura version of Onepunch Man.

Saitama would end up with the most exquisitely detailed billowing cape and still the same doofy blank face.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Tatsumaki would be pissing on Saitama

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Saitama would spend the next 200 chapters trying but never managing to actually get any closer to the sale at the grocery store.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Batoto is up to date, but at 41. I've seen another website at 53. Hence my confusion.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm confused then.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Batoto lists chapters in relation to the ONE version, which is why there are lots of chapter X.5s and whatnot. The ONE version is on chapter 99.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: I'm a dumb idiot

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jan 12, 2015

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Waifu posted:

Yugioh is on netflix

.... okay.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sorry about that, wrong thread

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Renounce your modship please.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

sharktamer posted:

Renounce your modship please.
Sharktamer for MOD 2015.

Kabanaw posted:

Batoto lists chapters in relation to the ONE version, which is why there are lots of chapter X.5s and whatnot. The ONE version is on chapter 99.
This explains alot! Thanks always wondered why that was the case.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Miura has such an all-consuming passion for drawing long flowing hair that trying to draw detailed Saitama would simply kill him.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Serious Frolicking posted:

Miura has such an all-consuming passion for drawing long flowing hair that trying to draw detailed Saitama would simply kill him.

He would draw the hair that is not there. His rendition of Saitama's follicle situation would become visual jazz.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I got bored and decided to read both versions of OPM side by side.

Holy poo poo:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man/53-Blizzard-Group?id=217869
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Ch-047-Read-Online?id=167315

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

OMG the panel where Fubuki offers him the deal and her hair is the same black as the panel background? It's exactly the same in the ONE version.

This is super interesting!