Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

YOSPOS > bitcoin: It makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

RubberJohnny posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2s61eo/cexio_taking_into_account_the_bitcoin_price_drop/

Cloud Mining company that represents 11% of the total hashing power is shutting down

there isn't one of these companies that isn't a scam or insolvent, laffo

I like the juxtaposition of these two tweets

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Alan Smithee posted:

Why did sperg man want that particular model of car again? I forget his reasoning

because he can't drive for poo poo and refuses to spend any money actually maintaining his cars, and by sheer luck he once had one of that particular model/year that happened to last slightly longer than all the other cars he ruined

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
[–]bobthesponge1 4 points 2 hours ago
industrialised miners run highly-leveraged businesses with volatile rewards. This puts them is a very risky position
Can mining re-decentralise?

[–]foolish_austrian 1 point 38 minutes ago
Yes, we just need to come up with household devices that require conversion of electricity to heat year round in every climate. Water heating is a $2T business worldwide, and is the perfect applications.
So I agree this is still speculation today, because we cannot start building water heaters while ASICs are depreciating so quickly, but the moment ASICs stop depreciating, there is a huge market in the residential water heaters.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

the two decade old ford explorer has a higher roi than bitcoin over the past year...

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

speaking of logansryche, his latest startup idea (electronic recycling in NY) raised $0 of the $1000 he wanted

he was also tweeting over xmas about the fact that he won 10 used coke can ringpulls from some freecycle knockoff site

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i can no longer laugh at logansryche. too depressing

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

As a Millennial I posted:

oh he's depressing now?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ursine Asylum posted:

things like this will never get old to me :allears:

they never seem to get that the ENTIRE REASON that "free markets" are a positive force is that no one actor has an overabundance of power and what an individual does is almost meaningless in the grand scheme of things

which is why "why not stay so that you can keep the value from dropping" or whatever makes no sense, that only functions if you make EVERYBODY do it

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

As a Millennial I posted:

"liebot, what is the saddest thing"

"Logansryche."

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

these articles aren't even encrypted

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FCKGW posted:

Yes, a Ford Explorer. His dream was to acquire one of the most unreliable cars of the mid-90s.

yeah it was a 94 or 95 he wanted, and both of them were the worst model years the explorer ever had.

the very first ones from the early 90s were pretty solid although in northern places they'd rust to poo poo on the outside from salt and stuff, the late 90s and further ones were nothing special, but 94/95/96 were in the middle of transitioning to some new platform or something and they're just total poo poo

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

logansryche was one of the best things in early bitcoin

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

DNova posted:

logansryche was one of the best things in early bitcoin

i don't know if he's still into bitcoins, but its still funny to me how he continues to fail at literally everything he does - the second life shelter, gift cards, cinema, talespin, guitar picks, ghost tv station...

now he wants to start an electronic recycling business in NY, but has already been in trouble with the EPA over something, and can't afford the $250 licence to become a registered e-waste handler. yet he's trying to scrape money together to rent a commercial property, but like the cinema can't work out how much the rent is. he thinks real e-waste handlers get their stuff by picking up the free TVs from craiglist or from garage sales. he thinks he's going to start some large scale industrial recycling business taking 1000s of items per month, even though his entire turnover to date is "2 monitors and 3 tvs", and using this 280,000 mile beauty:

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

where are you getting all these updates I want to read them :allears:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why dont the car parts line up? Why?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
didnt he have some insane plan to move from upstate new york to orlando or something, and he wanted to crowdfund his new house?

dude is so hosed up that i should feel bad laughing at him but sometimes his life is just so absurd that i cant help it

edit his bitcoin kickstarters that get exactly zero dollars in funding are the best/saddest thing

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

its a miracle the frame hasn't completely split, it already looks bent to poo poo

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

ANAmal.net posted:

didnt he have some insane plan to move from upstate new york to orlando or something, and he wanted to crowdfund his new house?

dude is so hosed up that i should feel bad laughing at him but sometimes his life is just so absurd that i cant help it

the existence of crowdfunding is really, really bad for people like him, because it gives him an excuse to never actually figure out how to give something a real try

he's gotta be borderline retarded, dude needs to just learn a simple trade and do that, not get rich quick schemes that make no sense and don't even make it past the absolute first step

if you made him a racial minority his life would basically be a microcosm of everything wrong with America

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
euthanising e-bunnies will always hold a special place in my heart and i genuinly wish him the best

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

DNova posted:

where are you getting all these updates I want to read them :allears:
he's posted a lot on http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/ lately. there's probably some gems there, but i only really skimmed though one big thread he made

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

logansryche is not the funniest early Bitcoin

he's funny halftime Bitcoin

funny early Bitcoin are atlas and Bruce. bookended by the cosbycoin hack

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

that day we all spent vandalising atlas's bitcoin wiki before he shut it down was great

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Sweevo posted:

that day we all spent vandalising atlas's bitcoin wiki before he shut it down was great

the woolong device never got finished :(

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Erenthal posted:

the woolong device never got finished :(

our cowboy bebop future was taken from us

drat you atlas

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Sweevo posted:

i wonder if his parents finally made him get a job, or if he's still pulling stupid poo poo somewhere and deleting all the evidence a day later

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sweevo posted:

his dunning-krueger failure at literally everything he touched was amazing

im going to analyze and annotate the bitcoin source: ok what does #include mean
im going to switch to micronaps and gain superpowers: falls asleep in the bathroom stall at work
im leaving and never coming back: howdy howdy im a wily old texan cattle trader anyone want to buy my tf2 hats
and so on

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FMguru posted:

im going to analyze and annotate the bitcoin source: ok what does #include mean

pretty sure there was video of this and it was amazing

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I can only imagine the hell of trying to switch to an ultradian sleep schedule

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

theflyingexecutive posted:

it turns out to be incredibly easy if you define a nap as several hours of sleep and can do it whenever you want

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

whats great is the ultrandians don't pay attention to the scientific findings

the findings were thta "yes you can but you shouldnt" because your capacity to do anything at once falls to like 1-2 things as opposed to the normal human capacity of like 10-20 things

you are retarding the hell out of yourself in the literal meaning of the word for no real gain

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mido posted:

whats great is the ultrandians don't pay attention to the scientific findings

the findings were thta "yes you can but you shouldnt" because your capacity to do anything at once falls to like 1-2 things as opposed to the normal human capacity of like 10-20 things

you are retarding the hell out of yourself in the literal meaning of the word for no real gain

i believe the actual findings are there's no evidence anyone has ever pulled this sleep schedule off

also humans can't really do 10-20 things at once we are stunningly bad at multitasking (even when well-rested) and basically just lie to ourselves and tell ourselves we're not

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's more that running on a different sleep schedule than virtually everyone else in the world will severely impede your social and professional life so it would be a terrible idea even if it did what it said on the tin

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
I conceded to writing poo poo down a lot even if it's in the front of my mind. #adultlife

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

evilweasel posted:

i believe the actual findings are there's no evidence anyone has ever pulled this sleep schedule off

also humans can't really do 10-20 things at once we are stunningly bad at multitasking (even when well-rested) and basically just lie to ourselves and tell ourselves we're not

it's not about doing 10-20 things in a super successful hig hlevel way. I'm talking about breathing right, eating right, drinking right, noticing sounds and tracking moving objects and having conversations and other generally subconscious-heavy activities

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

your ability to function on a basic natural level is so impeded it's basically worthless

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Mido posted:

your ability to function on a basic natural level is so impeded it's basically worthless

is this a post about bitcoins or about that weird nap-based sleeping schedule

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

is this a post about bitcoins or about that weird nap-based sleeping schedule
sleep, but applicable

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that whole nap-based thing just sounds like cargo-culting off of those stories about thomas edison only sleeping in naps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
of course it makes total sense that bitcoiners would want to emulate edison

• Locked thread