Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The most annoying parts of the Oracle games that aren't Crown Dungeon, Mermaid's Cave, or Jabu-Jabu's Belly pretty much the entire back half of Ages is that all the dungeon themes are like 5-10 seconds long and loop forever and get insanely grating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

TL posted:

I've beaten Twilight Princess at least 3 times and I have no idea what part you're referring to.
How about SSX. That do anything for ya?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

TL posted:

I've beaten Twilight Princess at least 3 times and I have no idea what part you're referring to.

How can you forget the snowboarding section??

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Regy Rusty posted:

Racing some yeti woman around like in 1080 or SSX, typical Zelda rehash, yawn.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Bicyclops posted:

I'd recommend doing Ages and then Seasons, because I think Seasons is the better game and it's nice to end on that, but others may have different opinions! Have fun!

Thank you kindly.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

New MM art

Edit: Found a less lovely site, neat

You know, I'm all for keeping the original game as intact as possible, but I would not have minded if they completely redid the lighting engine in Majora's Mask 3D so the character models could look like they do in official art. They just make such fantastic use of hard blacks that really make the art stand apart from other Zelda games, and it fits the atmosphere of the game so well.

I mean, I get why they don't, cause they didn't originally and it would be a lot of work to do something that completely changes how the game looks... but still. :(

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You know, I'm all for keeping the original game as intact as possible, but I would not have minded if they completely redid the lighting engine in Majora's Mask 3D so the character models could look like they do in official art. They just make such fantastic use of hard blacks that really make the art stand apart from other Zelda games, and it fits the atmosphere of the game so well.

I mean, I get why they don't, cause they didn't originally and it would be a lot of work to do something that completely changes how the game looks... but still. :(
Do we know about the lighting engine?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
They should take the zora eggs part out of the Majoras Mask remake. That almost made me stop playing, a tedious fetch quest with stealth elements. A lot of the game was a chore really.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's still really bad and unfun but if you have the stone mask you can just ignore the stealth part.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah toss on the Stone Mask and just walk through the place. Stone Mask isn't even hard to find.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I liked that part. :shrug:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also you get to drop bees on people. And the incredibly creepy sidequest where the guy asks you to get him some new wank material.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
You can also just shoot the pirates to knock them out if you don't have the stone mask.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

TL posted:

The SSX: Legend of Zelda edition segment with the Yeti.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I wish it was like SSX. I want Link to fly off a cliff and spin that icy leaf around his neck while a score multiplier builds and MxPx plays in the background.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Welcome to the high point of the game.

New MM art

Edit: Found a less lovely site, neat

This owns.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The snowboarding mini-game is fun, but I want a full version of Link performing sick tricks. Hyrule Warriors was good licensing and the next Zelda license should be Groose's Pro Skater. Grog can be all the punk rock bands that play during the typical Tony Hawk game. The Twilight Princess Malo can be the judge and be completely non-plussed by your high scores. You lose from being disgusted if you find any of Tingle's secret pictographs.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

I really hope that you can still explode Sakon.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Haven't played Wind Waker since it came out. Got the Wind Waker Wii U back in summer so I've been very slowly plinking away at it an hour ish at a time every month or so because I'm kinda busy and also been playing other games. Game's still chill as hell. I dig it.

Not sure how I feel about the swift sail, though. I got it tonight and was immediately surprised just how blisteringly fast it was. I dunno. It kinda cuts into the whole chill-ness I've got going. Plus it can control the wind which kinda defeats the purpose of the titular Wind Waker?

Hmm. I mean I know I could just not use it... but it's hard not to.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I did not realize that the fairies' mouths jutted out like that.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Kaubocks posted:

Haven't played Wind Waker since it came out. Got the Wind Waker Wii U back in summer so I've been very slowly plinking away at it an hour ish at a time every month or so because I'm kinda busy and also been playing other games. Game's still chill as hell. I dig it.

Not sure how I feel about the swift sail, though. I got it tonight and was immediately surprised just how blisteringly fast it was. I dunno. It kinda cuts into the whole chill-ness I've got going. Plus it can control the wind which kinda defeats the purpose of the titular Wind Waker?

Hmm. I mean I know I could just not use it... but it's hard not to.

If you're missing the travel time just don't use the warp, it's actually pretty fun to sail around the whole world with the swift sail and you're only required to use it once.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

It's so badass to see new art done in that style. I'm sure we're getting the release date in the Direct tomorrow, hopefully this game comes out really soon.

MykonosFan fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 13, 2015

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh, duh. For some reason I thought he was referring to something with the spinner. I'm an idiot.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TL posted:

Oh, duh. For some reason I thought he was referring to something with the spinner. I'm an idiot.

That Link did not use the spinner for the snowboarding section is as of just now the most infuriating thing about the game for me.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
is this playable on the 'old' 3DS? Is that still a thing?

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Full Battle Rattle posted:

is this playable on the 'old' 3DS? Is that still a thing?

Yes. There's just some "New 3DS Enhancements" that we'll likely learn about tomorrow.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

FutonForensic posted:

I don't know, I'm pretty sure the weird dissonant sounds in City in the Sky are going to stick with me forever.

A couple pages back but I agree with you so much on this. Everyone talks about Snowpeak and Arbiter's grounds but City in the Sky is the dungeon that sticks with me, the atmosphere is incredible and a lot of it is due to this music.

Also the Shopkeeper in the MM art is really proud of his package

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

So what's the best way to play Four Swords these days? It's one of, if not the only (non cd-i) Zelda games I never played and I'd like to hook up the GameCube to the tv in my bedroom and play in bed with my wife. People on eBay seem to want sometimes insane amounts of money and I haven't had any luck finding it locally or otherwise.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Aperture Priority posted:

So what's the best way to play Four Swords these days? It's one of, if not the only (non cd-i) Zelda games I never played and I'd like to hook up the GameCube to the tv in my bedroom and play in bed with my wife. People on eBay seem to want sometimes insane amounts of money and I haven't had any luck finding it locally or otherwise.

You don't actually need the gameboy advance attatchment to play single player, but I don't think there's any other way if you want multiplayer. It's a shame because I played it a grand total of once with a friend and it was insanely fun, I can only imagine what it would be like with 4. Why did nintendo re-release the lovely original 4 swords game but not the actually good one for gamecube?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think you're talking about Four Swords Adventures, which I know seems like a minor nitpick, but Four Swords is a different game and it's even harder to play. You either need to get Four Swords Anniversary Edition one of the few windows they allow you to download it (it's free, but they never make the drat thing available), or you have to buy a GBA and play Four Swords/A Link to the Past, and it won't work unless you have multiple players and multiple GBAs to play with.

Austrian mook is correct about Four Swords Adventures, though. You can play the single player for FSA with just the disc and a gamecube, but you actually need two GBAs, with connectors, to play with another person.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I don't understand why they are going back to right-handed Link in the upcoming Zelda game for Wii U. I understand why they did it for the Twilight Princess Wii version, and Skyward Sword, but I am assuming that with the Wii U there will hardly be any motion control integration. I believe that Link has and always will be left handed. The only official game which had Link as a righty was Skyward Sword. I am not counting Twilight Princess because in the Gamecube version he is left handed to to compensate to the motions controls of the Wii they had to mirror the game. After Skyward Sword they went to Link Between Worlds where Link was once again left-handed. Obviously it was because we didn't have to deal with such bullshit like motion controls. Ever since the debut of the new Zelda game for the Wii U it shows link has a right-handed individual. I am not saying that motion controls are back, but do you think that Nintendo could be adding addition control outputs for the next Zelda (for example, Pikmin)? I liked during the VGA they showed the Gamepad as some sort of map for the world, so I am speculating that the Gamepad is the "way to gay" with the new Zelda. I am sure the Pro Controller and Gamecube controller will also be alternatives when playing the new Zelda. So why make Link right-handed? I pray that motion controls are a thing of the past when it comes to Zelda games, but I don't know. I am a bit concerned for the game I am looking most forward to in 2015.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The motion controls were cool and they are different Links so they can have different handedness howsoever Nintendo chooses.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Bicyclops posted:

I think you're talking about Four Swords Adventures, which I know seems like a minor nitpick, but Four Swords is a different game and it's even harder to play. You either need to get Four Swords Anniversary Edition one of the few windows they allow you to download it (it's free, but they never make the drat thing available), or you have to buy a GBA and play Four Swords/A Link to the Past, and it won't work unless you have multiple players and multiple GBAs to play with.

Austrian mook is correct about Four Swords Adventures, though. You can play the single player for FSA with just the disc and a gamecube, but you actually need two GBAs, with connectors, to play with another person.

Just to be clear, Four Swords is not worth your time. Four Swords Adventures though is a hidden gem and a really great game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

Just to be clear, Four Swords is not worth your time. Four Swords Adventures though is a hidden gem and a really great game.

Every word of this is true. Playing FSA with four full players is goddamn amazing and it's still quite fun by yourself.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I enjoyed both Four Swords (Anniversary Edition) and Four Swords Adventures. I think Adventures is a better game buy original Four Swords has a lot of loving depth for something that started as basically a mini-game packaged with A Link to the Past. It's also the origin of a lot of stuff from those years, and you can feel a lot of it in Minish Cap.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Wow, I hadn't even considered that the game wouldn't do local multiplayer out of the box. I guess I kinda get it, but sucks to be me. Not gonna buy 2 GBAs and the game just to do this. Thanks for all the replies, I guess I'll get my coop Zelda fix in Nintendoland!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wow, I hadn't even considered that the game wouldn't do local multiplayer out of the box. I guess I kinda get it, but sucks to be me. Not gonna buy 2 GBAs and the game just to do this. Thanks for all the replies, I guess I'll get my coop Zelda fix in Nintendoland!

Hyrule Warriors has local coop. It's a little shaky and one person plays on the pad, but it's there.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Hyrule Warriors has local coop. It's a little shaky and one person plays on the pad, but it's there.

What's wrong with the gamepad, god's gift to console controllers? :colbert:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I don't think he was saying anything was wrong with it, just stating that it's not splitscreen co-op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Who gives a gently caress what hand he uses?

• Locked thread