Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DJExile posted:

I'm pretty sure Hernandez is still owed a title shot that he won in one of the FEAST OR MY FIRED matches.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure at least 2 or 3 former wrestlers are still owed title shots they never resolved

Hilariously, I think Lashley is technically still owed a title shot from his first TNA run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

The first night honestly was pretty good in terms of the attendance. They filled out the floor level entirely, so a couple sparse rows in the upper balcony is whatever. Darkening the crowd actually gives more credence to the twitter photo which is peak TNA.

I was there in the like the 4th row near the stage/entrance. There were a lot of empty seats all over. I would say the venue was at best 70% full. I heard the Thursday taping was WAY worse though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

For anyone that was there - was it possible for the live crowd to see that opening video or anything backstage? I don't see the Dixietron anywhere.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
What happened to the american soldier with one leg?

Was kind of cringe worthy them having the heels take the piss out of him being disabled

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

For anyone that was there - was it possible for the live crowd to see that opening video or anything backstage? I don't see the Dixietron anywhere.
No screen of any sort.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

VoLaTiLe posted:

What happened to the american soldier with one leg?

Was kind of cringe worthy them having the heels take the piss out of him being disabled

He was at that Critics conference thing with Ken Anderson and Dixie, which is why none of the three were at the taping.

Thanks Cory -- did you feel you were missing anything without that backstage stuff? The opening video was probably the unironic best part of the show, at least on TV.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Jeff Hardy is the top trend on Facebook right now because of that steel cage bump. The most TNA has ever been relevant.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

They just now got around to editing it to call him a TNA wrestler :laugh:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

bradzilla posted:

Ahahahahaha did you seriously just unironically post "IT IS NOT WISE TO TROLL ME." :laffo:

Oh bradzilla.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah, we didn't see any of the backstage stuff. There were LONG periods of absolutely nothing happening. I mean, there was like a solid 10+ minutes of Earl Hebner in the ring just kind of staring into the crowd while leaning on the ring ropes.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Thanks Cory -- did you feel you were missing anything without that backstage stuff? The opening video was probably the unironic best part of the show, at least on TV.
The opening was kinda weird without the video package, but the crowd responded well to going the "3... 2... 1CLUSTERFUCK" route. Like DM said, there was just so much nothing going on between matches that all we were really missing was a show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

We noted before that TNA officials wanted former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio to debut on last Wednesday’s Impact Wrestling premiere on Destination America but that obviously didn’t work out. They also wanted WWE Hall of Famer Edge, who had just appeared on WWE TV the week before.

Edge and TNA didn’t make it to serious negotiations and never discussed money or anything like that. The situation was described as TNA putting feelers out but “the fish didn’t bite.”

TNA wanted Edge to be the new TNA authority figure as Kurt Angle re-signed from the position because he returned to active competition.

Source: PWInsider

Dodged a bullet or what.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

"didn't make it to serious negotiations" must mean edge stopped reading the email after the subject line

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

WeaponX posted:

"didn't make it to serious negotiations" must mean edge stopped reading the email after the subject line

Subject: WWE's Edge Would You Like to Make Money FAST with TNA (Impact) Wrestling?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

karmicknight posted:

Subject: WWE's Edge Would You Like to Make Money FAST with TNA (Impact) Wrestling?

"if you don't accept we will force your buddy christian to do another live appearance for us"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Would TNA be scummy enough to make Edge take a bump?

ozebane
Nov 4, 2009
Isn't Edge under a legends contract? Like, surely he couldn't even if hell froze over and he actually wanted to?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ozebane posted:

Isn't Edge under a legends contract? Like, surely he couldn't even if hell froze over and he actually wanted to?

Didn't Flair get out of a legends contract to do indie appearances and eventually join TNA? Or did he just turn the WWE down when they offered him one.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I thought Edge turned down the legends contract.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WeaponX posted:

"if you don't accept we will force your buddy christian to do another live appearance for us"

It's funny how the Mecca/Asylum people sometimes bring up Christian as a possibility for a ~*Big Return*~ to TNA, like they didn't see the last appearance he made for them where he looked less like a wrestler than a captured journalist in an Al Qaida video.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Onmi posted:

Would TNA be scummy enough to make Edge take a bump?

They couldn't make him because Edge is not that dumb, but I'm sure they'd ask.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
WHAT IS EDGE DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?!

Require More Fire posted:

They couldn't make him because Edge is not that dumb, but I'm sure they'd ask.

"Real wrestlers work hurt" - HH

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Boss Toss II: Edge of Insanity

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

WHAT IS EDGE DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE?!

"Real wrestlers work hurt" - HH

You know they'd call him "Slice " or something instead of Edge, they don't wanna get sued.

ozebane
Nov 4, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You know they'd call him "Slice " or something instead of Edge, they don't wanna get sued.

What's "the outside limit of an object, area, or surface." doing in the Impact Zone?!

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

IS THAT SEXTON HARDCASTLE

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Just call him Over the Edge.

Oh, wait...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

That's the event Owen Hart died at, making it an unlikely candidate for a wrestler name.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
They'd say something dumb like "I think I know him!"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Bhester posted:

I thought Edge turned down the legends contract.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure neither he nor Foley are currently under legends deals but they'll still do an occasional appearance.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
They'd call him Eh-dge and claim he moved back to Canada.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They'd say something dumb like "I think I know him!"

Did they ever top "It's Paul Bear-uh, formerly known as Paul Bearer! What's he doing here!?"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Did they ever top "It's Paul Bear-uh, formerly known as Paul Bearer! What's he doing here!?"

WELL WE ALL KNOW WHO THAT IS BUT WHATS HE DOING IN THE IMPACT ZONE

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The TNA announcers are infamous for implying the former identities of new signees who spent time in WWE.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

epitasis posted:

That's the event Owen Hart died at, making it an unlikely candidate for a wrestler name.

:thejoke:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Debatable

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
:drat:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I could go to TNA or I could act in a tv show that people watch and spend time with my girlfriend and baby. Decisions decisions.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 13, 2015

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bobkatt013 posted:

I could go to TNA or I could act in a tv show that people watch and spend time with my girlfriend and wife. Decisions decisions.

Edge never changes does he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I wish Edge would sign with TNA so that I can watch them spend a bunch of money on a star that means nothing for business before the ink on his contract dries

• Locked thread