Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
"...Matt confuses the franchise with Toho, thinking that there was going to be a Godzilla Smash."

Would have been way cooler in about a zillion more ways.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Silentman0 posted:

Woolie mentions how there's a Touhou Smash knockoff in the works and seems interested, and Liam recommends the real Touhou fighting games. Pat's indifferent, and Matt confuses the franchise with Toho, thinking that there was going to be a Godzilla Smash.

This feels like a prime example of all of their personalities in one little moment.

Woolie heard of a fighting game that's obscure and probably a little janky but probably worth trying, Liam of course knows the real anime dirt to go for, Pat doesn't care either way, and Matt assumes Godzilla's involved, and at some point in the future there will most likely be a funny video about something involved here.

The SBFs are a perfect ecosystem in many ways.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

"...Matt confuses the franchise with Toho, thinking that there was going to be a Godzilla Smash."

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a new Godzilla fighting game recently.

E: Wow, that Kaiju Combat thing still hasn't released a game? How many kickstarters has it had now?

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jan 14, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It really is crazy that since the Gamecube no one has thought 'Godzilla fighting other monsters would be fun to do in our new systems'. Like, we skipped a whole generation without a Godzilla fighting game, this is horrible.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It really is crazy that since the Gamecube no one has thought 'Godzilla fighting other monsters would be fun to do in our new systems'. Like, we skipped a whole generation without a Godzilla fighting game, this is horrible.

The Wii had one too. It just didn't control that great.

Improbable Lobster posted:

E: Wow, that Kaiju Combat thing still hasn't released a game? How many kickstarters has it had now?

One failure, one success, and another failure. At least they've got something kicking in beta now.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheRealestMatt posted:

Who would the Master Hand equivalent be in a Godzilla Smash?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Woolie getting annoyed that Matt isn't picking all of his choices.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Matt please tell Patt to pronounce Kenshiro correctly.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Taking a look at the touhou smash knock-off's indiegogo they have sprites and animations on the banners but they look blatently stolen from that other fighting game that was posted. Also they're trying to get it on the Wii-U

They can't legally do that right? The entire thing looks shady as hell.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's probably no way that project is going to get anywhere besides fleecing people of their money.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Beef Waifu posted:

I love Woolie getting annoyed that Matt isn't picking all of his choices.

Woolie played Wolf Among Us...and he was a real piece of work. Punching people with no provocation, and being generally mean to everyone. I usually shut my mouth when he made choices I didn't agree with, glad to see he's fighting me every step of the way, even when it's saying "Hi" to someone. He's like, "NOOOOO! KILL HIM!"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Well the music will be better this way.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Man, I really feel for Pat. Hearthstone got my two of my friends and me back into WoW, and now we're all playing full time. Granted, it didn't nearly destroy my life (though realm-first raid racing in Wrath gave a very strong attempt) but the Hearthsteed, the voice clips (especially when a Warlock unleashes JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION), and skills, just made me constantly think "Man. I really like WoW. WoW's really cool."

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Woolie played Wolf Among Us...and he was a real piece of work. Punching people with no provocation, and being generally mean to everyone. I usually shut my mouth when he made choices I didn't agree with, glad to see he's fighting me every step of the way, even when it's saying "Hi" to someone. He's like, "NOOOOO! KILL HIM!"

Woolie sounds like my dad. I showed my dad Fallout 3 once because it was fuckin cool when it came out and I showed him that you could go anywhere do anything et cetera, and the first thing he does when I go up to the sheriff of Megaton is go "can you kill that guy?? You should kill that guy." and then he had me kill the sheriff and it's like dammit dad come on

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Travis' room is like a treasure trove of poo poo. It's crazy just how much work they put into it designing and jamming stuff he'd own in there. I recall a couple people used Dolphin to actually look around the room and find things you'd have no way of seeing, like all those action figures, the fake Star Wars poster, a portrait of Thunder Ryu... And I remember that the mirrors were all actually entirely separate, mirrored rooms because they couldn't actually make a mirror effect.
I'm liking the talk about all the little details. I didn't know about the mortuary thing.

Speaking of the game's publishers though... I dunno if this might violate an NDA or something, but Matt, do you have any tales about Ubisoft? I mostly ask since I got a feeling they didn't really care much for the game back when it came out.
EDIT: So excited to talk about the game you say DeathsHead instead of DeathMetal. Which is totally fine cause Wolfenstein owns.

HGH fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 14, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I never played WoW, so when I play Hearthstone I just think "Man I'm playing a really cool game!"

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I never played WoW, so when I play Hearthstone I just think "Man I'm playing a really cool game!"

Pretty much same here.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I can't really fathom playing it without that Warcraft universe knowledge and experience in the back of my head. Whenever I play against a Warlock, I always hope he sacrifices himself to turn into Jaraxxus and spam me with emotes, because Jaraxxus is so loving cool and hammy, and makes me remember the good times I had raiding. Same with Rexxar being the Hunter, making me remember Frozen Throne.

Probably for the best that I get a lot of personal reward from the "HEY YOU LIKE WOW poo poo RIGHT?" because I'm really awful at Hearthstone.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I like seeing Jaraxxus come out and emote because Jaraxxus is cool as hell, I don't need any warcraft lore to see that.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
All I know about Jaraxxus is that I face him and he is the Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lovin the disclaimer at the end of the latest mario rpg vid. seriously, take their advice and dont watch pain olympics kids

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Even if you are some sort of monster that doesn't give a gently caress about Mario RPG you need to be reading the video description for every update.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Let's watch the Nintendo direct!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Well that was loving quick.

EDIT: Ahahaha, Pat being such a poo poo kid and just complaining about EVERYTHING ever. Matt at one point shaking his head and holding it in his hand. Matt I need you to do me a favor and next time there's one of those Sony indy spiels to just go "UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH now this for 20 minutes. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!" and occasionally throw out additional "UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!"s during just to see how hard they 'side eye' you. Thanks in advance.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 15, 2015

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.

beep by grandpa posted:

Even if you are some sort of monster that doesn't give a gently caress about Mario RPG you need to be reading the video description for every update.

Nintendo-senpai is so cool, he makes Square-chan's heart go doki doki.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Commissar Ken posted:

EDIT: Ahahaha, Pat being such a poo poo kid and just complaining about EVERYTHING ever. Matt at one point shaking his head and holding it in his hand. Matt I need you to do me a favor and next time there's one of those Sony indy spiels to just go "UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH now this for 20 minutes. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!" and occasionally throw out additional "UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!"s during just to see how hard they 'side eye' you. Thanks in advance.

Being a bigger baby does not a solution for babying makes.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Dias posted:

Being a bigger baby does not a solution for babying makes.

Tell that to Sakamoto.

Also exacerbating the situation makes for the more fun outcomes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just want Pat to shut the gently caress up about his dumb baby hands.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beef Waifu posted:

You can't, those are his curse...and his blessing. Mostly curse.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Commissar Ken posted:

To be fair, Pat complained VERY little about the Nintendo E3 conference. And anytime that happens, about any conference, I'm thankful for it.

That being said, the direct was missing alot of stuff I was hoping for; Star Fox, F-Zero, and Fatal Frame V localization.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

To be fair, Pat complained VERY little about the Nintendo E3 conference. And anytime that happens, about any conference, I'm thankful for it.

That being said, the direct was missing alot of stuff I was hoping for; Star Fox, F-Zero, and Fatal Frame V localization.

This is true. You were all super estatic for the E3 one and it was hype but you also had all the reasons to be. And yeah I was hoping they were going to talk about either Fatal Frame or Star Fox also. Pretty sure F-Zero isn't gonna be a thing. I want it to be a thing and I hope really hard it shows up but I don't ever expect it.

I can understand not showing Star Fox though since they HAD to devote time to talk about the New 3DS since it's coming out super soon and this was a thing to talk about SPRING games. I think reworking the order of the stuff they showed would have left a better final taste but their thing lately has been opening with a cool guy trailer for something.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

monster hunter is out in a month, pat doesn't have anything to complain about

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Except that he's gonna need to take some stinging chops to the chest to get his copy apparently.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

see you tomorrow posted:

He had it in his loving hands, but realized he couldn't actually read the words even though someone bought him a dictionary.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

see you tomorrow posted:

I'm so glad this is a launch title by the way. I figured it would be with the special 3ds and all but I was worried they'd stagger poo poo like Majora and Monster Hunter.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Beef Waifu posted:

Baby hands can be pretty useful, especially if your job revolves around pushing controller buttons and stuff I'd imagine. The downside is no adult sized glove will ever fit you. :smith:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've been waiting for the new models before picking up a 3DS, but the MM XL has sold out everywhere immediately, so I'm a little sad about that. :(

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Commissar Ken posted:

Except that he's gonna need to take some stinging chops to the chest to get his copy apparently.

Rustlemania comin back in a weird way

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
So, I was listening to Vidjagame Apocalypse, and while they were talking about Zubaz in Shovel Knight, they actually namedropped Fighterpedia.
That was the last place I was expecting to hear someone mention it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ahahah the map in the newest Silent Hill part.

When Pat said "There's no map for this part", I was thinking that there was...then Pat goes and finds it, and eats his own words.