Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Twiddy posted:

I like this mental image where every member of an "anti-fansite" is someone in denial of how much they want to bone a fictional character.

I'm not gonna touch the low hanging fruit there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Twiddy posted:

I like this mental image where every member of an "anti-fansite" is someone in denial of how much they want to bone a fictional character.
tbh it's probably true

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It is true, the only possible explanation of someone "hating" anime is that they're addicted and want to not be.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Quickly scrolling over this picture made that thing not look like a stick at all

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

And I owe it all to not watching anime

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

That's a sick nasty burn on your hand dude, were you so caught up in anime you put your hand on a burner?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Weird BIAS posted:

That's a sick nasty burn on your hand dude, were you so caught up in anime you put your hand on a burner?

Friction burns from intense wanking to anime babes.

I know the feeling

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I too, wank with the back of my fingers.

Been watching Kimagure Orange Road, 80s as hell, Madoka is cool and plays sax (a plus), it has some decent gags with the ESP stuff. I want to punch Kyosuke for playing these girls.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

this one's the best

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

K. Flaps posted:

Quickly scrolling over this picture made that thing not look like a stick at all

No more need for this with her gone qq

vkeios
May 7, 2007

poo poo this reminds me i need to read more AoT

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

vkeios posted:

ehhhhhhhhh

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh dear sweet Christ I watched Samurai Flamenco episode 7 last night and nothing will ever be the same

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i finished Gatchaman Crowds. it was ambitious and the music was cool, but pretty awful otherwise.

poor berg katze, hajime promises not to kill him only so she can subject him to a fate worse than death

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

vkeios posted:

I heard AoT got mega retarded

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

poor berg katze, hajime promises not to kill him only so she can subject him to a fate worse than death

I'd like to be Hajime's ribbon :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i finished Gatchaman Crowds. it was ambitious and the music was cool, but pretty awful otherwise.

I like the aesthetic and the story is pretty dumb but I wouldn't call it awful

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I heard AoT got mega retarded

aww thats too bad, i was enjoying it where i left off: eren got kidnapped by the mascot titan

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the last chapter revealed that asians can't get their memories controlled by the king

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I think Attack On Titan would be more interesting if it was reversed and normal people were being attacked by six inch tall creatures. I dunno maybe it would still be bad though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

the last chapter revealed that asians can't get their memories controlled by the king

yeah, it owns

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

lol

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

yeah, it owns

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Hajime Isayama interview in Brutus magazine posted:

So… the plot’s been getting pretty complicated lately.

Isayama: Right now I’m at the part in the story that I have the least confidence in. It was a part that I couldn’t simply skip past, but I just don’t feel sure that it’s entertaining. Until now I was always confident that I could put on an entertaining manga even without knowing much about the wider world, but drawing this arc where humans are clashing against each other and the Titans don’t even appear has made me truly realize just how slight my abilities are.

That’s surprising to hear. Even assuming you’re coming up with the dialogue and whatnot on a chapter-to-chapter basis, you have the overall plot already figured out, so I didn’t think it would be as tough as coming up with a stand-alone story where you have to figure it all out from square one.

Isayama: I have the overall frame figured out, but the details are wide open, so it’s pretty close to starting from square one.

Is depicting political shifts what’s so difficult?

Isayama: The problem is the lack of any backbone to fall back on when creating an entire historical framework.

–Are you constantly worrying about things as you go along creating the manga?

Isayama: Well, each arc is generally four volumes long, with each arc basically already planned out, and whenever I start onto a new arc I’m pretty much always nervous and unsure that I’ll be able to pull it off. I’ve always managed to get through it in the end, but this time I’m panicking that maybe it won’t work this time.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i stopped reading the titan manga when eren, bert, ernie, and the tall lesbian (who all can turn into titans btw) were sitting in a tree for like 3 chatpers talking about nothing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite part of attack on titan is that panel where the guy is in a human centipede machine where he's forced to constantly eat his own poo poo and also the part where the mangaka is a huge japanese nationalist who talks about how inferior other asian countries are

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i stopped reading the titan manga when eren, bert, ernie, and the tall lesbian (who all can turn into titans btw) were sitting in a tree for like 3 chatpers talking about nothing

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

my favorite part of attack on titan is that panel where the guy is in a human centipede machine where he's forced to constantly eat his own poo poo and also the part where the mangaka is a huge japanese nationalist who talks about how inferior other asian countries are

lol really

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

which part are you questioning

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah it was pretty weird

i don't think aot is bad now but i don't care nearly as much as i used to

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

yeah it was pretty weird

i don't think aot is bad now but i don't care nearly as much as i used to
aot had a really strong start but it pretty much fell off a cliff once the plot had to progress past the initial set-up

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

get this: he is right

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

I stopped maybe 3 chapters after that, decided to wait until things maybe started getting resolved before I picked it up again (never).

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

I stopped maybe 3 chapters after that, decided to wait until things maybe started getting resolved before I picked it up again (never).

lol so I guess I wasn't alone in where i stopped

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
"Bert and Ernie" just nonchalantly outing themselves (:rimshot:) and the recent bloodlines bs are definitely low points, but I've actually enjoyed the recent political arc. Maybe I'd feel differently if I hadn't read the whole thing over a couple of days.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I stopped reading it, when the guy first turned into titan because its called "Attack on Titan!" not "Turn into Titan!" So... That manga can gently caress right off.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Yeah, I lost interest around there. But looking back it really started getting dumb as soon as people turned into titans, I'm surprised I made it so much further.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I think it's still enjoyable overall. Plus it has some great moments like this (spoilers I guess? out of context it doesn't really mean much tho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Its like when GantZ stopped bieng about brutally slaughtering thousands of aliens with grenade launchers and I fell so stong!! and started being about magic and gay poo poo. What on earth was the mangaka thinking?

• Locked thread