Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Judging by the scream preceding it I assumed it was a Paige move

It's the Boma Ye, Nakamura from NJPW's finisher. The "scream" is him doing his YeahOh! taunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

IcePhoenix posted:

Judging by the scream preceding it I assumed it was a Paige move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CldHTkYGwog

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Every time I hear Subconscious I think it's the Chariots of Fire theme until the guitars start.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANOqWQ8NTOw

The CPL busts open Hercules in the first 30 seconds!

lol I don't even know who Corporal Kirchner is.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheJoker138 posted:

It's the Boma Ye, Nakamura from NJPW's finisher. The "scream" is him doing his YeahOh! taunt.

In my defense I didn't actually single it out as one of the obvious ones.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

In my defense I didn't actually single it out as one of the obvious ones.

If you would have asked me before Wrestle Kingdom 9 I'd have had no clue.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The animations look much better as the years go on, and guys can actually be dropped on their head now, which is a plus. Shame about the game they're in, though.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
They look better though the impacts on some of those moves didn't feel weighty enough for me. It seems like a guy got dropped on his head but it was light as a feather haha. Still, those are some neat additions. It's nice to see them adding a buncha outside WWE moves.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

simosimo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANOqWQ8NTOw

The CPL busts open Hercules in the first 30 seconds!

Big blade job from Hercules in the first minute. Surprising amount of grappling and submission wrestling considering who was involved. Hercules no-sold a piledriver and hit a weak powerslam for the win. ***

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I thought that running knee was supposed to be Brie's.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

pressedbunny posted:

I thought that running knee was supposed to be Brie's.

The "running knee smash" one where the opponent is seated against the middle of the bottom rope is hers, but the're also a Boma Ye + taunt one called "strong style knee strike"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

lol I don't even know who Corporal Kirchner is.
He was a guy who worked so stiff that no one in 80s WWF wanted to wrestle him. Then he got fired and went to Japan, where he worked deathmatches as Leatherface.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Doc Morbid posted:

He was a guy who worked so stiff that no one in 80s WWF wanted to wrestle him. Then he got fired and went to Japan, where he worked deathmatches as Leatherface.

No wonder Herc got busted open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9abu5nrSrJ4

Virgil does the babyface comeback and hogan no sell at every possible opportunity.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Simo, if you don't do The World's Worst Royal Rumble sometime in the next 10 days I'm gonna be really disappointed in you

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

St Evan Echoes posted:

Simo, if you don't do The World's Worst Royal Rumble sometime in the next 10 days I'm gonna be really disappointed in you

FPR can't do rumbles, but it can do an 8 man elimation match, to deem to who is the best of the worst.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I want to see video of the mocap guys trying to do Young Bucks and Nakamura moves

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

simosimo posted:

No wonder Herc got busted open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9abu5nrSrJ4

Virgil does the babyface comeback and hogan no sell at every possible opportunity.

This reminded me that Virgil in in WWE 2k14 and that warms my black heart.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Oh sweet I'm glad I can finally level my support cards using the RTG deck editor, now I can finally have that Max Pro Jimmy Hart I've been dreaming of.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Oh sweet I'm glad I can finally level my support cards using the RTG deck editor, now I can finally have that Max Pro Jimmy Hart I've been dreaming of.

Can you set support cards as champ through there too? I saw someone with a STOP sign avatar recently

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Blasmeister posted:

Can you set support cards as champ through there too? I saw someone with a STOP sign avatar recently

That's actually the new Survivor Raven. Appears as a random foreign object to opponents.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I really want a native pc.wresting revolution 3d release and I feel like a bad person.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Last time I spoke with the dickster he said steam was giving him hassle. Although this was for his last 3d wrestling game.

Maybe in the current climate he'll be able to get it on. It's still being developed and I think he's probably doing fine from mobile sales as is.

Fingers crossed for a release with a root directory and not some packaged flash file like the 2d game.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

I can't figure out how. I want a Lana champ :(

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

simosimo posted:

Fingers crossed for a release with a root directory and not some packaged flash file like the 2d game.

Yea that's what I was getting at. The game is kind of a mess but the engine has some promise if you speed it up.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

fwiw, DLC brinksmanship seems to be something 2K is really into these days.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This is so dumb. I can't even articulate into words the level of dumb that is.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

simosimo posted:

FPR can't do rumbles, but it can do an 8 man elimation match, to deem to who is the best of the worst.

You can do a timed battleroyal in fpr. id like to see someone setup a split youtube video with different 8 player filled rings ala wcw's ww3 with all the survivors in one last ring.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

coconono posted:

This is so dumb. I can't even articulate into words the level of dumb that is.

Especially since while the beta indicated a pretty fun game, the concept is nowhere near deep enough to justify a $60 release price tag without all of the bells and whistles. Once all the DLC is out it'll make a fine $40 Steam sale purchase in about a year.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Especially since while the beta indicated a pretty fun game, the concept is nowhere near deep enough to justify a $60 release price tag without all of the bells and whistles. Once all the DLC is out it'll make a fine $40 Steam sale purchase in about a year.

Within 6-8 months of release you will probably be able to get the ultralux goldplatinum edition for $20.

Never pre-order anything.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Demp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdM6kCXziw0

Someone uploaded a video of all the new moves in the 2k15 DLC. A lot of cool stuff in there, especially Nakamura's Boma Ye complete with "YeahOH" taunt. Although Nick Jackson isn't really thrilled with the Young Bucks moves in the game.

That Lethal Injection looks like poo poo. Done properly, it should have the guy doing it point at the ropes and shout "Lethal Injection", do the springboard, and get countered.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bridging package powerbomb looks indie as hell

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WWE Immortals is out.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Isn't the Steenalizer a release move? I'm pretty sure the one in the game is Ibushi's Phoenix-Plex because it has a bridge pin.

edit: ahahahaah Daniel Bryan's character is literally "Daniel Bryan".

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Trish Stratus would like you to play WWE Immortals, my lord.

Paige as Morrigan kind of works. But what happened to that art we saw last week of Roman Reigns as a literal Roman soldier? He's got more of a generic space marine thing going on now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, why is Nikki fire, but Brie's the moon? Like, I get that sun = fire, and moon = tides/sea but it's a weird way to make the contrast.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Delsaber posted:

But what happened to that art we saw last week of Roman Reigns as a literal Roman soldier? He's got more of a generic space marine thing going on now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_kWuFOrItI

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

:)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oh you want Roman Reigns? gently caress you, give us 22 bucks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's the exact same system as the portable version of Injustice. You earn credits by fighting, and if you sign in with your WB ID you get bonus credits in increasing amounts, as well as other stuff, every day you play.

You can also just buy them, but you could probably earn enough to buy one of those high tier guys in a week. Also they're only the high tier, pre-leveled versions. You can just level up one of the lower tier characters to get that powerful. So basically if you want to pay to win you can, but you can also just play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

It's the exact same system as the portable version of Injustice. You earn credits by fighting, and if you sign in with your WB ID you get bonus credits in increasing amounts, as well as other stuff, every day you play.

You can also just buy them, but you could probably earn enough to buy one of those high tier guys in a week. Also they're only the high tier, pre-leveled versions. You can just level up one of the lower tier characters to get that powerful. So basically if you want to pay to win you can, but you can also just play.

Neat, I liked the Injustice thing for the small amount of time I played it, if they just c/p'd it but with wrestlers instead I'll call it a win.