Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

freud mayweather posted:

can you have a heart attack from trace amounts of coke found in your system 3 weeks before the fight?

Fight day drug tests aren't back yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

fatherdog posted:

If Jones has a contract to fight X opponent on X date unless P, Q, or R happen, then if the UFC tries to prevent him from doing so he can absolutely sue the poo poo out of them if P, Q, or R didn't happen. If P is "popped positive for a drug banned out-of-competition during out of competition testing" and Q is "Popped positive for a drug banned in-competition during in-competition testing", and cocaine isn't banned out of competition, then unless R includes specific clauses about drugs of abuse Jones could and like would have won a very expensive lawsuit.

I don't doubt he's telling the truth about getting sued, I'm just saying if that's your big concern than obviously the guy isn't in the midst of a crippling addiction that's harming his life. I'd just rather they not try to push this whole Jones-as-victim/addiction angle when it's really clear that no ones taking it that seriously until someone asks a tough question. I really wonder if this would be AS big of a deal if he didn't do that stupid sleepover and they just fined him via the code of conduct.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Grem posted:

Dana talks about a lawsuit if he pulled Jones out of the fight, but who would be the one sued in to oblivion if dude had a heart attack between round 4 and 5?

lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Donald Cerrone on twitter posted posted:

“@Bibby1483: @Cowboycerrone did you end up finding a spot for the rv cowboy?”

Yes at the @Budweiser destitution center

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
It's not worth arguing over because we're never going to know what is in a UFC contract, but if they don't have fighter conduct language in their contracts that could cover fighters testing positive for illegal drugs then lol they are stupid.

I am much more inclined to believe that the UFC chose not to pursue any options to terminate Jones' contract because would you rather have the moral high ground or a big ol' pile of money?

I am also not a lawyer so there is always that.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

wooger posted:

You know that's actually pretty much the reason why 90% of successful athletes get success at school and even college level. And beyond that, almost everyone else has given up:

Little things, but just the time of year you're born makes a difference. In the UK, some insane % of premier
league footballers were born in September to December, making them amongst the oldest (& largest) in their school year.

In New Zealand, they've started playing youth rugby leagues by weight rather than by age, as the native (Maori?) population grow incredibly quickly. 220lb 12 year olds!

Maybe wrestling is different due to weight classes, maybe not.

Someone post the picture of 13 year old Uriah Hall again.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Rene Bareo vs the bathroom II: This time it's porcelain.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Your daily dose of non-important, non-champion, non-fighting UFC fighters:

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

freud mayweather posted:

can you have a heart attack from trace amounts of coke found in your system 3 weeks before the fight?

Nah, the thing about cocaine is that it wears off fast. If it's medical grade and you don't OD, there are very few side effects.

The bad stuff really happens due to the fact that it's almost always cut with very dodgy stuff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levamisole

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

MycroftXXX posted:

It's not worth arguing over because we're never going to know what is in a UFC contract, but if they don't have fighter conduct language in their contracts that could cover fighters testing positive for illegal drugs then lol they are stupid.

I am much more inclined to believe that the UFC chose not to pursue any options to terminate Jones' contract because would you rather have the moral high ground or a big ol' pile of money?

The fact that the commission was like "Oops. We weren't even supposed to test for that." has to make it an even trickier situation to navigate.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Nick Diaz's thoughts on what might happen if this press conference was suddenly hit by a flash flood

https://vine.co/v/Ojut1zU22KL

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Nick Diaz's thoughts on what might happen if this press conference was suddenly hit by a flash flood

https://vine.co/v/Ojut1zU22KL

https://vine.co/v/ODj7A12uzwO

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
MMA political cartoons

now I have seen it all

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Trast posted:

Rene Bareo vs the bathroom II: This time it's porcelain.

heh

red19fire
May 26, 2010

MycroftXXX posted:

Yeah, there must be a morality clause in the fight contract that covers acceptable reasons to cancel a fight, and I'd imagine testing positive for illegal drugs would be in there or some kind of catch-all for conduct unbecoming. I think the heart of the matter is that Dana didn't want to kill the biggest PPV in recent memory which had already been delayed once.

We do know what's in fighter contracts, though Hint: comically unfair to the fighter.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFX0bfaEvsQ

Note to Jon Jones: this is what a genuine and likeable person sounds like.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OWA0KrmzKU
Fun video of KO slams

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
The UFC could have invoked Article 8 if they wanted to call off the Jones fight. Dana's just talking again.

quote:

Fighter shall conduct himself in accordance with commonly accepted standards of decency, social conventions and morals, and Fighter will not commit any act or become involved in any situation or occurrence or make any statement which will reflect negatively upon or bring disrepute, contempt, scandal, ridicule, or disdain to Fighter, the Identity of Fighter or any of Fighter's Affiliates, ZUFFA or any of its officers, managers, members, employees, or agents. Fighter's conduct shall not be such as to shock, insult or offend the public or any organized group therein, or reflect unfavorably upon any current or proposed, arena, site hotel, sponsor or such sponsor's advertising agency, or any network or station over which a Bout is to be broadcast.

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME
Cain and Werdum now rumored to be fighting at 185 as well. This could be a legendary card if it manages to stay together.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

canti32 posted:

Cain and Werdum now rumored to be fighting at 185 as well. This could be a legendary card if it manages to stay together.

nope

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
3 title fights? Yikes

Wikipedia says Ross Pearson vs. Sam Stout got added to it too, and Daron Cruickshank is fighting some dude.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

canti32 posted:

There's zero chance the UFC attempts to put three title fights on one card, even if two are likely to fall apart.

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME
Whoops misread the feed, yeah it's for June. I got real excited for a minute there tho

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I really like McGregor but since he is the chosen one the UFC are trying to build a brand around I can't help dream for a boring, demoralising loss to Siva because it'd be the funniest and most German outcome.

Also gently caress the UFC for putting a card on at 3am on a Monday morning UK time.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Some of these are horrific. And I have really high standards for "horrifying suplex" after years of watching Japanese wrestling.

CB Dollaway by spinebuster is a definite highlight.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

‏@davedoylemma 25s25 seconds ago
FWIW, UFC source tells me report making rounds about Cain-Werdum in Mexico City is not accurate.

Hmm, might be one of those UFC things where they wanna make sure it happens/it's likely before they announce it but they're shooting this down

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Intel&Sebastian posted:

German humor is just the wurst

German Humour.

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
The police. I'm afraid there's been an accident. Your husband is in
hospital.

A man walks into a pub.
He is an alcoholic whose drink problem is destroying his family.

Did you hear about the blonde who jumped out off a bridge?
She was clinically depressed and took her own life because of her terribly
low self-esteem.

What do you call a cat with no tail?
A Manx cat.

Why do undertakers wear ties?
Because their profession is very serious, and it is important that their
appearance has a degree of gravitas.

How many electricians does it take to change a light bulb?
One.

Why do women fake orgasms?
Because they want to give men the impression that they have climaxed.

Two men are sitting in a pub.
One man turns to the other and says: 'Last night I saw lots of strange men
coming in and out of your wife's house.'
The other man replies: 'Yes, she has become a prostitute to subsidise her
drug habit.'

Two cows are in a field. Suddenly, from behind a bush, a rabbit leaps out
and runs away.
One cow looks round a bit, eats some grass and then wanders off.

Why are there no aspirin in the jungle?
Because it would not be financially viable to attempt to sell
pharmaceuticals in the largely unpopulated rainforest.

Nazi German Humour:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Gestapo
Gestapo who?
(slap them in face)
*Ve* vill ask ze questions!

Haff you heard ze latest gestapo joke?
No...
(slap them in the face)
UND VHY NOT !?

a little while later go back in:
Eeerrrr....Yes.
(slap them in the face)
UND WHO TOLD YOU !?!?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Rakoczy ending Roxanne's life is the best.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

German Humour.

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
The police. I'm afraid there's been an accident. Your husband is in
hospital.

A man walks into a pub.
He is an alcoholic whose drink problem is destroying his family.

Did you hear about the blonde who jumped out off a bridge?
She was clinically depressed and took her own life because of her terribly
low self-esteem.

What do you call a cat with no tail?
A Manx cat.

Why do undertakers wear ties?
Because their profession is very serious, and it is important that their
appearance has a degree of gravitas.

How many electricians does it take to change a light bulb?
One.

Why do women fake orgasms?
Because they want to give men the impression that they have climaxed.

Two men are sitting in a pub.
One man turns to the other and says: 'Last night I saw lots of strange men
coming in and out of your wife's house.'
The other man replies: 'Yes, she has become a prostitute to subsidise her
drug habit.'

Two cows are in a field. Suddenly, from behind a bush, a rabbit leaps out
and runs away.
One cow looks round a bit, eats some grass and then wanders off.

Why are there no aspirin in the jungle?
Because it would not be financially viable to attempt to sell
pharmaceuticals in the largely unpopulated rainforest.

Nazi German Humour:

Knock knock
Who's there?
Gestapo
Gestapo who?
(slap them in face)
*Ve* vill ask ze questions!

No...
(slap them in the face)
UND VHY NOT !?

a little while later go back in:
Eeerrrr....Yes.
(slap them in the face)
UND WHO TOLD YOU !?!?

Is this a meta German humor post

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

The guy at 5:50 or so will haunt my dreams.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I like how Roxy gets knocked out by a bantamweight, then right after they show her getting knocked out by an strawweight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

I like how Roxy gets knocked out by a bantamweight, then right after they show her getting knocked out by an strawweight.

Both fights were at bantamweight, so unless Rakozy went up two weight classes for TUF...

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Jessica Rakozy boxed at 118

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/pneumonia-knocks-jacare-souza-from-ufc-184-bout-vs-yoel-romero?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

A highly anticipated middleweight matchup has been knocked from next month’s UFC 184 card due to pneumonia.

The illness has taken Ronaldo Souza (21-3 MMA, 4-0 UFC) out of his fight against Yoel Romero (9-1 MMA, 5-0 UFC). UFC officials made the announcement Thursday night, saying the fight is expected to be rescheduled for a later date.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

Jessica Rakozy boxed at 118

Not that I'm calling you a liar, but where do you see this? On her wikipedia page she's just listed as having boxed at lightweight and super bantamweight (which is 122).

Plus I know some high-level female boxers who fight in the 120 lb range and they're like 5'2".

THE BUTT MAN
Mar 28, 2010

no homo?

colonel_korn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFX0bfaEvsQ

Note to Jon Jones: this is what a genuine and likeable person sounds like.

that video owns because Cerrone owns but I can't help but wonder what it would be like if Cain Velasquez was narrating

"Um you know, I'm sitting in back pretty much thinking about Harley Davidson motorcycles you know and um then this loud guy starts yelling about rolling and it confuses me you know but then my coach is like uh, 'Cain it's time to fight' so then I walk into the octagon and uh fight. I love Harley Davidson, um brown pride."

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Even without that it would be a given that Zuffa has several outs in their contracts.

It's a slightly different scenario, but they seemed to have no trouble scrapping 151 and all the associated fights with it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

vainman posted:

The UFC could have invoked Article 8 if they wanted to call off the Jones fight. Dana's just talking again.

If you don't think UFC would get sued for resorting to pulling a fight over the morals clause and likely lose I don't know what to tell you. Without that fight they then have to cancel the show too which would cost them even more money. Pulling the fight over something they technically shouldn't even know about would not be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jon Jones cancelling two events, one because he's a tremendous coward, and one because of cocaine use would be pretty much the greatest thing ever

• Locked thread