Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

text editor posted:

looks like some rough king of the hill character, like if bill was a lawyer or something

kinda sounds like it too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

the combination twitter plus kids drawing takes it to a new level.

i hope karples indirectly drags some anime into this for maximum absurd

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

i found the dumbest bitcoin tipper

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
those are not tips why do buttlords insist on calling them tips

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

because you're getting hosed.

just the tip, just to see how it feels.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Exinos posted:

It wasn't me. It was the three-chinned man!

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

text editor posted:

looks like some rough king of the hill character, like if bill was a lawyer or something

mark karpeles ran hwat?!

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

crusader_complex posted:

is anyone going to get prosecuted on the murder-for-hire bit?
I believe Maryland will go after Ulbricht for that after New York is done with him

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i believe in ross ulbricht

if only because i'd rather see mark go to jail than some naive idiot child

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

bomb on a bitch nigga, then his bitch later
put the tips on a bitch, nigga you a loving waiter

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

As a Millennial I posted:

idk how you think Ross is a naive child even if Karples was the one who took the reigns

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

indigi posted:

idk how you think Ross is a naive child even if Karples was the one who took the reigns

as a 3rd-rate white knock-off of a drug kingpin, I

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

hobbesmaster posted:

isn't it like 1mil/transaction?

and not one million, one mil. as in $0.001

I support this if only to get gasoline priced correctly.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

creationist believer posted:

the courtroom doors burst open as Dorian Nakamoto's theme music starts playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Q4EVpIFIk

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Sham bam bamina! posted:

for the same reason they call bitcoin vending machines ATMs

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

indigi posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

gimme the bitcoins you fuckin cocksuckaaaaaaaaa

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
in english please

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

As a Millennial I posted:

ulbricht went to my high school

i don't really remember him he was kinda nerdy but when he got busted i remember thinking "oh THAT guy" and in my head he was still a high school student i just hadn't seen in over a decade and not a 30 year old man so wrapping my head around him being the mastermind of a huge criminal organization kinda blew my mind for a few weeks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JFairfax posted:

in english please

gimme the private keys you loving cocksucker

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

kwinkles posted:

ulbricht went to my high school

i don't really remember him he was kinda nerdy but when he got busted i remember thinking "oh THAT guy" and in my head he was still a high school student i just hadn't seen in over a decade and not a 30 year old man so wrapping my head around him being the mastermind of a huge criminal organization kinda blew my mind for a few weeks
beep boop im an accessory to murder for hire

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i wish i was on that jury

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Kuvo posted:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
i wish i was a better writer because there's two, maybe three books to be had in the laffchain

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kuvo posted:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/theres-a-problem-in-the-silk-road-trial-the-jury-doesnt-get-the-internet

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Kuvo posted:

the thing about juries is that if you know about the case beforehand it's pretty hard to get in

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

notice that its the judge telling them to explain everything in excruciating detail. the jury could know all or some of the stuff and not need that detailed of an explanation. most people use Facebook and wikipedia so the concepts of private vs public messages and a wiki shouldn't be too bad.

hidden website doesn't need to be explained too much either. the intricacies of how tor work are really irrelevant to the charges. hell if it was a standard website it wouldn't make any meaningful difference to the trial. thats likely the kind of thing the judge was talking about when she was talking about mumbo jumbo. they could spend weeks talking about public key encryption and in the end its really not relevant (hell, even bitcoin is kinda incidental to all this)

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.bitnik.org/r/2015-01-15-statement/

the random darknet shopper has had all their purchases seized

quote:

On the morning of January 12, the day after the three-month exhibition was closed, the public prosecutor's office of St. Gallen seized and sealed our work. It seems, the purpose of the confiscation is to impede an endangerment of third parties through the drugs exhibited by destroying them. This is what we know at present. We believe that the confiscation is an unjustified intervention into freedom of art. We'd also like to thank Kunst Halle St. Gallen for their ongoing support and the wonderful collaboration. Furthermore, we are convinced, that it is an objective of art to shed light on the fringes of society and to pose fundamental contemporary questions.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the cops seized illegal drugs displayed in public? shocking.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They asked a question and got an answer. That's not art. It's really almost the exact opposite.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

infernal machines posted:

i really hope someone who isn't nicsho steps up to write the buttcoin foundation recap of the DPR trial

or hell, even just a highlight reel of the last week

literally just ask sarah jeong if you can repost her articles because nobody's gonna do a better job than that

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Takanago posted:

Sarah Jeong just posted up a long write-up about the last day of the trial:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahjeong/2015/01/16/dhs-agent-thought-mt-gox-ceo-was-dpr/

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
Ross Ulbright: "For the last few months, I had been talking on IRC with a French man, my age, named Mark Karpeles."

filthy regex
Oct 1, 2010

s/ (. Y .) / 8==D~~ /g
:lol:

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

fermun posted:

https://wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.bitnik.org/r/2015-01-15-statement/

the random darknet shopper has had all their purchases seized

wow, turns out that programming a bot to buy illegal things is still illegal. who would've thought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm still blocked from following jeong but I can read her feed on the mobile client

why Sarah, why :smith:

• Locked thread