Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Koobze posted:

What is everyone using for life support on .90? I just did a fresh install plus CKAN but it doesn't have TAC, which appears to not support .90.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3emtoeyky6c3w8v/AAAj-5dHf8POF8QI6bEOSSAla?dl=0

Link from the KSP forum thread, I've been using this and it seems to be working alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Because someone had to do it.

http://gfycat.com/ExemplaryBeneficialAmericanlobster

Edit: not mine. Actually reposted by the KSP official blog.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 17, 2015

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

:golfclap: Bravo, superb play Sir.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Only flaw with the gif is that the throttle is off while the rocket is burning. Otherwise it's perfect.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

OAquinas posted:

Only flaw with the gif is that the throttle is off while the rocket is burning. Otherwise it's perfect.

And the attitude.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Palicgofueniczekt posted:

And the attitude.

And Jeb.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
And the velocity and altitude.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
And the post-flight report's content.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

FuSchnick posted:

Mental note: Getting a 16t Zoology Lab into orbit within 140 tons (level 2 launch pad) is REALLY tight.

I'm actually failing to do this as we speak!

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQWmoC7VFDI

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The best channel

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

9/11 P good overall

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Dank

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

holy gently caress

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

:911: Some things are just too beautiful for words.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nth Doctor posted:

:911: Some things are just too beautiful for words.

[too high to be reached for comment]: POTT Manley

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm not sure why I should even keep playing anymore.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
A few extra struts and some RCS ports and the Delta-V Heavy Lifter was ready for prime time. No longer flaccid when the need for thrust arose, it stood up to the challenge!

That's Ike.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Problem: I want to start playing with the new spaceplane parts, but I also want to rescue an astronaut who was left on the mun.

Solution:

...and munar orbit is where it'll stay for now because I burned too much fuel on an emergency landing site retargeting.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm not sure why I should even keep playing anymore.

I just noticed the video length

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Acquire Currency! posted:

I just noticed the video length

I'm still laughing at the review quote from /kspg/, CamTroid is amazing.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Maxmaps posted:

I'm still laughing at the review quote from /kspg/, CamTroid is amazing.

Please add dank as a resource in the next version, tia

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

Grand Fromage posted:

Please add dank as a resource in the next version, tia

Explains why they love snacks so much.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Holy gently caress, I don't think anyone can make another KSP montage video anymore. This was perfect. He did it all. It's over.

gg

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Does anyone here use the Orbital Material Science mod? I tried installing it through CKAN but I can't see the parts anywhere. I've used other mods and they all appear just fine, only this one seems to refuse to show up.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I'm designing a space station at the moment, using lots of Roverdude parts from OKS and FTT. They look loving amazing, and will provide me an intro to the resources system (they're just for prettiness at this point)

Trick is, these two packs don't mesh aesthetically with each other. OKS is small and brown, kinda organic and homey. FTT is huge and very industrial looking. There are adapter pieces, but the change in color and style is kinda jarring.

I'm basically looking for more legos for these packs. FTT structural parts in particular; 2.5m size, those cool yellow/black girders as small standalone parts, different nodes or the like. More docking ports would be good too, since I need to assemble this thing in orbit.

Roverdude, perhaps you have some in other parts packs? Or if anyone is aware of a forked mod that includes something like this.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
That is a glorious video and I want the JFK poster at the end.

uXs posted:

Does anyone here use the Orbital Material Science mod? I tried installing it through CKAN but I can't see the parts anywhere. I've used other mods and they all appear just fine, only this one seems to refuse to show up.

Actually now that you mention it I don't see them under the tech levels listed in the mods curse thing. That is odd. I thought it was further up the tree on the bottom, not where it shows.

Synnr fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 17, 2015

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

No "pott manly" video fail

Lost it at "Skrill Nye the WubDubs Guy"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AceClown posted:

Pott manley was too high

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

AceClown posted:

uh, it clearly states that pott manley was too high to be reached for comment, idiot

RoverDude
Aug 25, 2014

Cat Herder

Count Roland posted:

I'm designing a space station at the moment, using lots of Roverdude parts from OKS and FTT. They look loving amazing, and will provide me an intro to the resources system (they're just for prettiness at this point)

Trick is, these two packs don't mesh aesthetically with each other. OKS is small and brown, kinda organic and homey. FTT is huge and very industrial looking. There are adapter pieces, but the change in color and style is kinda jarring.

I'm basically looking for more legos for these packs. FTT structural parts in particular; 2.5m size, those cool yellow/black girders as small standalone parts, different nodes or the like. More docking ports would be good too, since I need to assemble this thing in orbit.

Roverdude, perhaps you have some in other parts packs? Or if anyone is aware of a forked mod that includes something like this.

Show me which bits you are trying to link up, let me know what bits you want (pictures help), and log me some github issues.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I setup a large mining station on Kerbin at the airfield and did a bunch of missions. When it was full I recovered it for over $500,000 profit. Now I have enough money to setup my rocket building base. Soon I won't have to use the KSC at all.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

fart simpson posted:

I'm actually failing to do this as we speak!
I did it just barely using 3 big orange tanks (side by side, with fuel lines to the center stage) with 3 skipper engines (and 4 winglets for stability). Everything else was pretty minimal. Just the zoology lab with two docking ports. The command section was a MK1 capsule with a small RCS tank and RCS thrusters (all it needs to de-orbit into atmo). I also placed a set of RCS thrusters on the lab itself, on the CoM for the lab + command section to make docking easier (also remember to disable the re-entry RCS on the command pod, or they will throw your docking off).

It came in at just a hair under 140 tons and roughly 4500dV. Using FAR it can make it up to an 80k orbit with enough leftover fuel to rendezvous with a small safety buffer left over, as long as you have a relatively efficient ascent.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
So this is a dumb question, I just realized that despite my satellites (remotetech) getting the line to kerbin mission control when in los, they don't seem to really connect to anything else. Am I doing it wrong, don't omni-directional things allow communication without targeting?? I flew up a ship with a communotron on it and they are both operational but when I switch over to the satellite it just says No Connection when out of LOS of KSC.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Synnr posted:

So this is a dumb question, I just realized that despite my satellites (remotetech) getting the line to kerbin mission control when in los, they don't seem to really connect to anything else. Am I doing it wrong, don't omni-directional things allow communication without targeting?? I flew up a ship with a communotron on it and they are both operational but when I switch over to the satellite it just says No Connection when out of LOS of KSC.

Did you activate the antenna? Only thing I can think of, they connect automatically if they're in range of another antenna and you'll see a line drawn between them even if they're not connected to KSC.

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...

Synnr posted:

Is it a range issue? Communotron 16 only reaches 2500km, which is slightly too short to reach KSC itself from keostationary orbit, and way to short to reach other satellites in keostationary orbit (unless you put up a whole bunch of them in a ring).

Communotron 32 reaches 5000km, which is not quite enough for 3 keostationary satellites to reach each other in an equilateral triangle. 4 satellites in a square would work, but you have less than 100km margin of error.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
Nah in this case my ship is humped up on the satellite. They both have omni antennas deployed. It was fine until I undocked it again and then it was no connection. Not sure what I might have screwed up.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

RoverDude posted:

Show me which bits you are trying to link up, let me know what bits you want (pictures help), and log me some github issues.

I'll preface this by saying I love the crap out of your parts, and I feel almost bad complaining about lack of options considering how much you've produced.

In a nutshell, this is my problem:

In the meantime I'll just throw some other 2.5m part in between like a workshop or something but the :spergin: in me wants everything to match.

What I want:
More structural parts for the Starlifter series, because its really cool. The yellow girder segments in different sizes/shapes, a Starlifter version of the 2.5m OKS station tubes.

Here's a stripped down version of what I'm making. I really like the yellow girders along with the fuel tanks, it gives it a nice industrial feel to it.

Do I need to register in order to log a github issue?

Count Roland fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 17, 2015

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I think at this point I may as well be using the cheat buttons to give myself money. This has gotten way too easy. (that was expected anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Synnr posted:

Nah in this case my ship is humped up on the satellite. They both have omni antennas deployed. It was fine until I undocked it again and then it was no connection. Not sure what I might have screwed up.

Could you post a couple pictures when it's disconnected, both in map view and what the satellite actually looks like? I tested this myself and it doesn't seem to be an issue with undocking and splitting a craft, at least, so I'm stumped given the info you've posted.