Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
sushi pizza

pizza burger

"poutine" (allegedly)

delicious dessert! both same recipe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

diabeetz posted:

sushi pizza

I would have guessed this was Japanese, since Japan are really weird about pizza, but by the same token, if you gave them a pizza with sushi on it, they'd probably punch you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I would have guessed this was Japanese, since Japan are really weird about pizza, but by the same token, if you gave them a pizza with sushi on it, they'd probably punch you.

"Don't desecrate our foods, we'll poo poo all over yours for you!"

gently caress Japanese fusion.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

diabeetz posted:

"poutine" (allegedly)

I can't see how that's poutine. It looks like a box of pasta covered in beef jerky, jam, mushrooms, and half a banana

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

You can spot a few fries in the top left corner.

The rest of it looks like those photos you see of some horrible shut-ins filth ridden rot basement.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
It almost looks like a munchy box

edit:

Magic Hate Ball has a new favorite as of 20:20 on Jan 17, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Magic Hate Ball posted:

edit:

The munchy box is a national institution :scotland:

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

edit:

That would explain the weird cow flaps I saw in it

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

The munchy box is a national institution :scotland:

Speaking of Scottish food, I've discovered I quite like Scotch Eggs. They're delicious, but I feel like I've been slathered in grease after I've had one

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

blunt for century posted:

Speaking of Scottish food, I've discovered I quite like Scotch Eggs. They're delicious, but I feel like I've been slathered in grease after I've had one

Same. They're really good especially as bar food, but you just feel gross if you eat the whole thing.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Fun fact: Scotch eggs were actually invented in London, and have little to do with Scotland at all! :eng101:

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was some specialty poutine. There's a chain of poutine-only restaurants called Smoke's Poutinerie and they do things that look suspiciously like it. Same box, same general mess it ends up being half-way through eating it. I can't comment on what exactly that is though.

Poutine can be pretty good when you add stuff to it, but it basically ends up looking like vomit if you go crazy with more ingredients.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

PubicMice posted:

Fun fact: Scotch eggs were actually invented in London, and have little to do with Scotland at all! :eng101:

Not really surprising. I guess they're considered Scottish due to the fact it's deep fried, like the rest of Scotland

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Not really surprising. I guess they're considered Scottish due to the fact it's deep fried, like the rest of Scotland

I am Scottish and have never eaten a Scotch egg that was deep fried. That sounds p nasty.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

diabeetz posted:

"poutine" (allegedly)

If someone posted that on 4chan with a back story about eating their 6 year old rotten jizz box I'd believe it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

moerketid posted:

I am Scottish and have never eaten a Scotch egg that was deep fried. That sounds p nasty.

Isn't that because for you it would just be an "egg"?

(yes I know)

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

Kalsco posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was some specialty poutine. There's a chain of poutine-only restaurants called Smoke's Poutinerie and they do things that look suspiciously like it. Same box, same general mess it ends up being half-way through eating it. I can't comment on what exactly that is though.

Poutine can be pretty good when you add stuff to it, but it basically ends up looking like vomit if you go crazy with more ingredients.

Yeah that looks like it's from Smoke's for sure. Smoke's poutine is poutine in the same way that grocery store sushi is sushi.

Jeff Goldblum IRL
Nov 29, 2006

The greatest trick Coyote ever pulled, was convincing the world that he exists.

(That's a normal, full-size tater tot on top for size comparison)
This thing was delicious, but certainly applies and probably took four years off my life. It's called a Fat Sandwich from the (quite appropriately named) Munchies 420 Cafe in Sarasota, FL. From memory, it was a hoagie roll with 4 cheeseburger patties, wedge fries, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, macaroni and cheese, and tater tots. It was one of several varieties and was actually pretty cost-effective, clocking in at around 8 bucks if memory serves.

I got two full meals out of it and still felt disgusting after each one. What a value!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jeff Goldblum IRL posted:

This thing was delicious, but certainly applies and probably took four years off my life. It's called a Fat Sandwich from the (quite appropriately named) Munchies 420 Cafe in Sarasota, FL. From memory, it was a hoagie roll with 4 cheeseburger patties, wedge fries, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, macaroni and cheese, and tater tots. It was one of several varieties and was actually pretty cost-effective, clocking in at around 8 bucks if memory serves.

I got two full meals out of it and still felt disgusting after each one. What a value!

gently caress! Carbs, fat, AND shame all at once!? Sign me up!

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I remember when the Sarasota was still being woken up by roosters, and everyone's water smelled like sulfur. They've come a long way, baby.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

diabeetz posted:

delicious dessert! both same recipe!

Motherfucker dont you diss Jalabi/zalabia

Look at that.
Tel me it aint the syrupy dessert of your dreams.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I prefer kheer. Here's an especially non-flattering picture:

Predigested for your convenience!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Look at that.

Do they have inndividual strips available, like zapenis?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tribbledirigible posted:

Do they have inndividual strips available, like zapenis?

There are places you can go to and order an individual strip where you'll get to see zapenis.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Look at that.

I agree that zulbia are delicious.

Howver, that first picture is of a funnel cake, pretty sure.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

No one will convince me otherwise that that picture isn't a coil of fried intestines.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zandert33 posted:

Anybody who doesn't like smores is a freaking lunatic

I can give smores a pass but that's about it

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Jeff Goldblum IRL posted:

I remember when we had a Munchies 420 here in Gainesville. No IDEA how they failed, they were literally across the street from UF campus and in the heart of the bar area.

Also, to be specific, the sandwich you posted is called the "Fat Sandy". They have multiple iterations of the "Fat Sandwich".

The Menu if anyone's interested.

It should be noted that Munchies 420 is the place that has the "Fire in Your Hole Challenge". 10 wings, 20 minutes, no drinks until 10 minutes AFTER you've eaten the last wing, or you fail. Man vs Food attempted this challenge, and Adam got through a whopping 2 wings (if memory serves correctly) before he quit. I can personally attest to those wings being some of the hottest poo poo I've ever seen/tasted. You can go in and order the wings with the fire in your hole sauce, but you're not allowed to take them to-go, and have to sign a waiver before you are allowed to order them. Apparently they've sent people to the hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gsTxx2SuVk

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
"Heat Challenge" foods always piss me off. There is no flavor to them, it's always heat on top of heat. I grew up around spicy foods and I love spice in general, but there are always chili-fests and fairs that focus on that one aspect of the food and the poo poo they put out is almost always awful because the cook doesn't taste the food (because it's too loving spicy).

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

EZipperelli posted:

The Menu if anyone's interested.

What have they got against Latvia? :(

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

beato posted:

What have they got against Latvia? :(

I got ya. It's a SS, so you may have to squint...

Understand that some of these items may appear normal, but Munchies is what the Catholics had in mind regarding gluttony. Everything is loving huge.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Jan 18, 2015

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lettuce on a Chicago dog :wtc:

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
Munchies 4:20 Cafe fuckin rules you monsters.

Now they have a bar and delivery drivers and its the best drunk and high food imaginable.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

EZipperelli posted:

I got ya. It's a SS, so you may have to squint...

Understand that some of these items may appear normal, but Munchies is what the Catholics had in mind regarding gluttony. Everything is loving huge.

Please open one of these in NW Washington so I can die at 33 thx

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

"Heat Challenge" foods always piss me off. There is no flavor to them, it's always heat on top of heat. I grew up around spicy foods and I love spice in general, but there are always chili-fests and fairs that focus on that one aspect of the food and the poo poo they put out is almost always awful because the cook doesn't taste the food (because it's too loving spicy).

There used to be (may still be there - dunno) a place in Peoria, IL called Grainger's Pizza and Wings that had, if I remember correctly, their Eye-Water, Nose-Running, Forehead-Dripping Wings. These were so hot a friend and I had soaked our shirts after 5 apiece. OTOH, there was a really lovely chili-garlic-tomato flavor to the sauce so there was that too.

(Why am I smirking about someone calling themselves Wasabi the J bitching about heat challenge foods?)

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Munchies 420 reminds me of the place in Morgantown, Sandwich U. Their menus are similar: http://www.sandwichu.com/menu.php

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
NZ Marmite is less salty than British Marmite, and the company that makes it recommends putting it in and sandwich with chips (crisps)

Me personally I have it on toast with honey.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You'd think shoving chips in a sandwich like a crazy fat person would be an American thing but it seems to be predominantly the Commonwealth

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

You'd think shoving chips in a sandwich like a crazy fat person would be an American thing but it seems to be predominantly the Commonwealth

Nah, plenty of people do it in the US too. It's a good way to add a little salt and crunch to an otherwise boring sandwich, at least in my opinion. I wouldn't do it with processed meats like ham or cheapo turkey, but it's pretty good if you have slightly higher quality deli meats. And it's really good if you put tortilla chips on a burger. The thin super breakable kind over the thicker kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Aesop Poprock posted:

Canadian here, my mom used to make tuna, celery, and Sun Chip pitas. With Miracle Whip mixed in the tuna.

• Locked thread