Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Now Amazon is selling it for $5 as well.

EDIT: Wait, I'm dumb, it's the Third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Is Gat Out of Hell not available as a standalone package on PS4? Everywhere I've looked its only been bundled with SRIV Re-elected

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I believe current gen only gets the bundle, only previous gen and presumably PC gets it as an add on.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

circ dick soleil posted:

Does it count as talk radio if it's just tortured screams of the damned?

I'm pretty sure that's the literal definition of talk radio.

Venusy
Feb 21, 2007
It should be available as a standalone digital package, but yeah, if you want physical, I think the Re-Elected bundle is the only option on current gen consoles.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Well we're now heading into Day 4 with Gamestop pricing it at $5.

People are gonna be pissed if they don't honor the price.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

ayn rand hand job posted:

Well we're now heading into Day 4 with Gamestop pricing it at $5.

People are gonna be pissed if they don't honor the price.

It's just kinda weird now.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I get an error saying my order can't be placed now.

IdolNinja
Mar 7, 2011

It's our time now!
Let's get this shit started!

Venusy posted:

It should be available as a standalone digital package, but yeah, if you want physical, I think the Re-Elected bundle is the only option on current gen consoles.

Gat out of Hell is available standalone digital on all platforms, including current gen. We're currently working through an issue with Sony Europe trying to get the preorder up on the PSN store though.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

IdolNinja posted:

Gat out of Hell is available standalone digital on all platforms, including current gen. We're currently working through an issue with Sony Europe trying to get the preorder up on the PSN store though.

Does that also effect the US store? That was the first place I looked and didn't see it there.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Reviews coming in!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-20-saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-review

... harsh.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

"Walking apocalypse Johnny Gat" :3:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I mean it's not unexpected, it looks like an expansion pack to a game that already kind of felt like an expansion pack. I'm sure it'll have funny moments in it, but I can't imagine anyone who's not SUPER into Saints Row would give a gently caress.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
More positive:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/saints-row-iv-re-electedgat-out-of-hell-xbox-one-review-bundle-of-fun

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/19/263735/

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

It's Cobbett. He tends to be incredibly cynical and critical unless it's something that appeals to his nostalgia.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

I mean it's not unexpected, it looks like an expansion pack to a game that already kind of felt like an expansion pack. I'm sure it'll have funny moments in it, but I can't imagine anyone who's not SUPER into Saints Row would give a gently caress.

No radio, character customization, or proper missions (minigames only) sounds hugely disappointing. It's a shame, Saints go to hell as a concept should have been saved for a proper full size PS4/XB1 game.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Spalec posted:

No radio, character customization, or proper missions (minigames only) sounds hugely disappointing. It's a shame, Saints go to hell as a concept should have been saved for a proper full size PS4/XB1 game.

I'm okay with the first two, but the third one is a bit disappointing, yes. Eh, pretty sure I am going to enjoy the playthrough anyway.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sounds like $5 is just about all it's worth.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I do wish we had at least some clothes options for Kinzie and Gat but that's not a big loss.

It is a shame about missions as that means less cutscenes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Everything didn't sound too bad until I got to "It's a great flight mechanic, spoiled only by the mid-game addition of anti-aircraft spires that will shoot you down unless you waste time landing and dismantling them one by one"

Why would anyone do this? Why do developers not get that including a really fun mechanic and then making you not able to use it without tedious bullshit isn't a good idea?

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 19, 2015

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

It is a shame about missions as that means less cutscenes.
And looking at 4, the series doesn't exactly have cutscenes to spare.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

ImpAtom posted:

Everything didn't sound too bad until I got to "It's a great flight mechanic, spoiled only by the mid-game addition of anti-aircraft spires that will shoot you down unless you waste time landing and dismantling them one by one"

Why would anyone do this? Why do developers not get that including a really fun mechanic and then making you not able to use it without tedious bullshit is a good idea?

This takes me back to Divinity 2.

Oh sweet, I can be a dragon and fly around loving poo poo up!

Oh gently caress, there's floating fortresses with a million AA guns everywhere and jesus christ i'm dead

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
No proper missions basically makes this a no buy for me if that $5 Gamestop thing doesn't pass.

I can live with 5-10ish missions, and everything else filled by Loyalty minigame runs, because hell, that's basically what 4 was. Hell, I could even accept 4-7ish missions with more Loyalty side stuff since I realize this is a built to be a tinier game.

But if that translates to "We just made a cutscene for the intro that leads into meeting Vogel, then another cutscene at the very end of the Satan's Wrath bar where you fight Satan", then uh. Not sure it's my jam. Maybe if it's a cutscene after every one of those big pips in the Satan's Wrath bar? I don't know, I'm trying to justify why I'd get this.

Dumb as it sounds, I've always come to Saints Row for the stupid story stuff/situations they get put in/characters in it. And this just seems like a minigame collection judging by what some of these reviews are saying. I don't NEED missions built around those cutscenes exactly, but let's be realistic here, this is a game set in hell, if I can't meet Troy/Twins/Angel/Tobias/the assholes I've murdered up to this point, then whats the point of it? Hell, if they don't include an Aisha/Oleg interlude for the two characters then what the gently caress are they doing.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

circ dick soleil posted:

Does it count as talk radio if it's just tortured screams of the damned?

In the radio business we call those open phones.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

What's this stuff about no missions? Does it mean the game is just activities with a barebones plot?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
But... but the musical...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

EngineerSean posted:

But... but the musical...

Which I'm pretty sure we've seen the full extent of already. :(

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Richard Cobbett posted:

Remember when Saints Row was all about colour-coded street gangs?

Yes :smith:

Really, this is sounding more and more like a "50-75% off in a Steam sale" game to me. No radio, no customization, no proper missions? Come on now. :saddowns:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Medullah posted:

Which I'm pretty sure we've seen the full extent of already. :(

The review above confirmed we did. :smith:

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
What's the cheapest way to play the complete edition of SR3 on a console? 20$ on PSN versus searching my local used game places, speaking as a Canadian?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Giving some of the best stuff away as trailers is a really poo poo marketing move. Something tells me whoever wrote, composed and animated the musical scene didn't mean for people to go "yeah alright, seen that on youtube, where's the skip button."

It's a consistent problem with Saints Row. IV had the whole JOHNNY GAT RETURNS offensive when someone figured that out in advance, and I think there was something for 3 as well. Can't remember exactly, but probably the Deckers mission or Killbane fight, or both.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

My Lovely Horse posted:

Giving some of the best stuff away as trailers is a really poo poo marketing move. Something tells me whoever wrote, composed and animated the musical scene didn't mean for people to go "yeah alright, seen that on youtube, where's the skip button."

It's a consistent problem with Saints Row. IV had the whole JOHNNY GAT RETURNS offensive when someone figured that out in advance, and I think there was something for 3 as well. Can't remember exactly, but probably the Deckers mission or Killbane fight, or both.

This was a huge problem with both 3 and 4. All of the funny bits were in the trailers and when I played the games it was disappointing to realize that I had already seen all the good stuff before I even played it. Gat coming back for 4 should not have been a marketing point.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
This is why I went into the games blind. :colbert:

Not read it but PCG did a 67 percent review. Trying not to read reviews as they'll colour me going in - I'd probably buy a punch in the face if it was Saints themed so I'm probably not the best person to be objective about the series.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

My Lovely Horse posted:

In fairness, data has shown it's a brilliant marketing move. Movies that give away the whole thing in the trailers tend to be better received as a whole. You might hate it, but Joe Consumer loves knowing exactly what's going to happen in the thing they want to buy. It might suck to have a whole musical number spoiled, but Joe Gamer sees that and goes "Haha, funny, I'm gonna click the preorder button now", which from a business standpoint, means that that was a successful idea.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

In fairness, data has shown it's a brilliant marketing move. Movies that give away the whole thing in the trailers tend to be better received as a whole.

Eh. The data is iffy on that actually. There's some parts which agree but others have shown that customers are less excited or interested in a film if they feel like they've 'already seen it.' People like to bring up the infamous 'people like things more with spoilers' study but ignore the actual context of that study which isn't "people like being spoiled."

In particular there is actually other research that suggests that while people are okay with knowing the ending, they dislike having individual moments spoiled. You can say "Bob dies at the end" and they're okay, but "Bob totally pulls out a lightsaber and decapitates Satan midway through the movie, it's wicked-surprising" and they're unhappy with it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Giant Bomb did a quick look of Gat Out of Hell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pseqUyM6RSs

Flying looks cool, some of the weapons are neat, but... eh. :geno:

edit: Kinzie sounds so happy when she's hellblazing :3:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 19, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Eh, I'll be happy if it's a slightly more expensive expansion to SR4 with similar gameplay. I'm easy to please.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

I like Saints Row. I'm excited to play more of it.

8.5/10

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That lava also looks really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I can't remember if it was stated but can you transfer the look of your boss into GooH?

• Locked thread