Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Squint posted:

What job does he have where he gets paid six figures a year while having such focused , unhideable crazy?
If he works, it's in the tech sector. They've got all kinds of loving crazies working for Google and Microsoft and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

TetsuoTW posted:

If he works, it's in the tech sector. They've got all kinds of loving crazies working for Google and Microsoft and whatnot.
Wasn't that also the answer to where furries get their money in the dickstarter episode?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I just was listening to the Patrick82 ep, and while he was hitting it off with the chat lady he mentioned that he doesn't work. Too busy listening to his sound system.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Speaking of crazy, remember in the petitions episode where they found the 'give me back my foreskin' guy and Lemon hinted at that being the topic of a future episode?

Where the foreskin crazy people at?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

America?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

[announcer voice]These turbo-revvin' young punks are foreskin CRAAAAZY~[/announcer voice]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just go any read any circumcision thread on these forums and you will get a healthy dose of crazy people on both sides.

(Don't actually read those threads)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rollofthedice posted:

I just was listening to the Patrick82 ep, and while he was hitting it off with the chat lady he mentioned that he doesn't work. Too busy listening to his sound system.

What's the Patrick82 episode?

Also the asexual episode is amazing. "Why are you running from places associated with sex?" "It's got Baba Yaga chicken legs and it's chasing you."

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 19, 2015

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
The audiophiles episode; http://thefpl.us/episode/138

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Literally The Worst posted:

Also the asexual episode is amazing. "Why are you running from places associated with sex?" "It's got Baba Yaga chicken legs and it's chasing you."

Episode 138: The Sound Quality Is Inaudible

The description makes it sound like it's about audiophiles, but really it's about Patrick82.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Speaking of crazy, remember in the petitions episode where they found the 'give me back my foreskin' guy and Lemon hinted at that being the topic of a future episode?

I think episode 91 might have had some foreskin chat. That's a :nws: link, btw.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Literally The Worst posted:

The story about the dick lollipop is the most bizarre example of "poo poo that didn't happen" I've ever encountered.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The story about the dick lollipop is the most bizarre example of "poo poo that didn't happen" I've ever encountered.

This makes it sound so much more interesting than it was.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Twenty minutes.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Gimnbo posted:

This makes it sound so much more interesting than it was.

That's why I said it's bizarre, because you expect most "poo poo that didn't happen" stories to wind up with the person being a mega-badass like the Troper Tales episode, but instead that's a really banal story about how sheltered the person is.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

X-Ray Pecs posted:

That's why I said it's bizarre, because you expect most "poo poo that didn't happen" stories to wind up with the person being a mega-badass like the Troper Tales episode, but instead that's a really banal story about how sheltered the person is.
Not sheltered, special. Enlightened. They're so asexual that even the concept of sex is alien to them. They've ascended to Ace Nirvana, and it's now an effort for them to deign to operate in that mortal realm of penis-shaped lollipops and brutal, animal phrases like "G-spot".

It's like those smug fuckers at LessWrong who want to believe that, unlike you, they've conquered the primitive, irrational parts of their brains with their flawless logic. The aces are more special than you because they have no need for the base instinct of sex, to the point that it's comical and quaint when those sexuals thoughtlessly refer to it in their presence.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I love too how they used the word "sexuals" like it was a slur or something.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
And then they write gross, bizarre Sherlock Holmes fanfiction where everyone is a dog in heat and they all gently caress each other. Apparently that is what enlightenment looks like.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Get Innocuous! posted:

And then they write gross, bizarre Sherlock Holmes fanfiction where everyone is a dog in heat and they all gently caress each other. Apparently that is what enlightenment looks like.

I've always found that to be the most ironic thing. Sherlock is basically asexual so wouldn't writing him into stories where he's loving Watson or whatever OC they come up with be erasing his identity?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Tracula posted:

I've always found that to be the most ironic thing. Sherlock is basically asexual so wouldn't writing him into stories where he's loving Watson or whatever OC they come up with be erasing his identity?
It makes their vaginas wet, and that pretty much trumps anything else.

Also, he's not asexual. Remember Irene Adler?

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 20, 2015

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I'm inclined to think that there isn't so much overlap between the "asexual" kids and the "omegaverse" kids, but then I remember the kids I knew who were into yaoi and poo poo, which leads me to believe that there's a larger section of that Venn diagram than I thought.

The asexual business makes a lot more sense in that light, really: lots of repression coming out through the prism of fandom. Only it's dog dongs instead of glowing cones of light.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
So did anyone ever make a Silva Mind Control document?

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Also, he's not asexual. Remember Irene Adler?

reread that famous paragraph, Watson is pretty clear that Holmes' fascination is because she's one of like five people to have bested him.

Conan Doyle / Watson posted:

It was not that he felt any emotion akin to love for Irene Adler. All emotions, and that one particularly, were abhorrent to his cold, precise but admirably balanced mind. 

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Now that's hot.

""Cuddle me, Holmes," Watson pleaded, going into asexual heat. "Okay," Sherlock said as he crawled into bed with Watson, wrapping his arms around his assistant's chest. It was not that he felt any emotion akin to love for Watson. All emotions, and that one particularly, were abhorrent to his cold, precise but admirably balanced mind. Nine months later Watson gave birth to a healthy litter of puppies."

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

a dozen swans posted:

reread that famous paragraph, Watson is pretty clear that Holmes' fascination is because she's one of like five people to have bested him.
Oh, touché. It's been forever since I read any of them. :blush:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sherlock Holmes was an autistic cokefiend who never got any. An inspiration to us all.

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
Sherlock Holmes was an ace detective.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Nuffkins posted:

Sherlock Holmes was an ace detective.

:golfclap:

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

:frogsiren: new episode

The topic is: i-doser, the site that gets you high via lovely MP3s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwk5kJLpreE

e: also, it's an hour and thirty-two minutes long, which makes it the longest standalone episode (I think), edging out episode 2's hour and thirty one minute mark.

Djeser fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jan 24, 2015

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Oh man I first heard about idoser last year in a pharmacology class. We had to write a short paper on what's wrong with their "scientific studies" that they claim prove their product's effectiveness.

The people who made this site are somehow even more full of poo poo than the sites selling audiophile paraphenalia. :allears: You owe it to yourself to go and read some of their product descriptions.

Nuffkins
Apr 20, 2014
The F Plus should hold an remix contest for i-doser. Sorta like F Plus Sings, but with "drugs".

Nuffkins fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 24, 2015

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I still want an episode that is entirely them reading people/communities they've made fun of bitching about then.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I want a Bitcoin episode.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The absolute DELIGHT they had when they found Jenkem.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I want a Bitcoin episode.

They've taken many, many shots at Bitcoins, so it's kind of weird that they haven't actually done an episode on it yet. Maybe no one's made a good doc about it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

RyokoTK posted:

They've taken many, many shots at Bitcoins, so it's kind of weird that they haven't actually done an episode on it yet. Maybe no one's made a good doc about it.

They've wanted to do a Bitcoin episode for years, I remember stumbling across a post on their Steam group where Lemon talked about the difficulties back in the early days of Bitcoin. There's a lot to cover, it moves very quickly, and at least in the early days Bitcoin sites had a habit of deleting posts after a short period of time. So it's hard to really nail down the material for a Bitcoin episode.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Nuffkins posted:

The F Plus should hold an remix contest for i-doser. Sorta like F Plus Sings, but with "drugs".

I have granted your wish

This may not be an accurate representation of what binaural beats actually are, because they're boring and annoying.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

That was an amazing episode.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I think Boobs666 might be my favorite username since HypnoLoser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
King of Sharts is probably my personal favorite.