Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Tirade posted:

Beet won me over with his "don't not lynch day 1" argument so I'll vote Anidav later tonight unless there's a massive swing to someone else. But there's no good reason to drop the hammer early - the three or four turbo lynches last game (all of which hit townies) played into the hands of the scum every time.
I can agree with this. If it's getting late and anidav is still on the chopping block, it would be a good decision to push the vote simply because there's a chance he's scum. Otherwise you die to night-kill attrition. But in my head the probability of him being scum is no higher than anyone else's, I'm personally not convinced that what's he said this game makes him more suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
What just happened

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Milky Moor posted:

If we must extinguish the Spark of one of our companions to ensure that they are not a Decepticon, then we need to do it.

Take a bunch of greenie lefties into a game of mafia and they become immoral consequentialists.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Yeah what was that lockdown about?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
GM fixed votefinder. Carry on.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Okay sorry I've been at work for the last few hours and from PMs I thought someone had been lynched.

I've updated the player list and I'm now reading through the thread.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
yeah now you can all vote for me and i can

##vote anidav

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Plotterboy posted:

Yeah what was that lockdown about?

Lockdown is a feared bounty hunter.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kommando posted:

What do you have to say about my findings and reasoning about MC Eating Disorder and Ironic Sex Tourist

Sorry, I read 7 pages on my phone and I do recall you saying something about them but not what you said. Was it important? Is it going to make people not vote Anidav?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Milky Moor posted:

And an underwhelming transformer

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

this is going to be a long loving game

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SKY COQ posted:

And an underwhelming transformer

My second transformers toy (after Grimlok) was a Sky Coq too.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Killing anidav won't really tell us anything:

1. If Anidav is scum, there will be scum in the vote who piled on to make themselves look town. There will be town who protested because they don't want to vote Anidav for no reason.
2. If Anidav is town, there will be scum who protested against the lynch to make themselves look town, AND because no lynch day 1 is good for scum. There will be plenty of town who voted for Anidav because he is distracting/bad for town even if he's town.

That being said, I think we should still vote Anidav because he's our best chance of a conviction on day one, and there is at least a chance that we'll end up voting a scum out day one :) unless someone has more concrete evidence in favour of voting for someone else.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Lid posted:

My second transformers toy (after Grimlok) was a Sky Coq too.

Whoa that is rad

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Mithranderp posted:

1. If Anidav is scum, there will be scum in the vote who piled on to make themselves look town. There will be town who protested because they don't want to vote Anidav for no reason.
2. If Anidav is town, there will be scum who protested against the lynch to make themselves look town, AND because no lynch day 1 is good for scum. There will be plenty of town who voted for Anidav because he is distracting/bad for town even if he's town.

That being said, I think we should still vote Anidav because he's our best chance of a conviction on day one, and there is at least a chance that we'll end up voting a scum out day one :) unless someone has more concrete evidence in favour of voting for someone else.

plus he's a terrible mafia player, singlehandedly lost town the last game, and is an annoying little poo poo

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Mithranderp posted:

voting for Anidav can be justified because

- he's a bad player and regardless of alignment will get town killed
- people have 16 pages worth of stuff they otherwise wouldn't have posted, that can be examined later for CLOOOZ
- he's posting in character

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

plus he's a terrible mafia player, singlehandedly lost town the last game, and is an annoying little poo poo

These are dire accusations.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Well, not singlehandedly, but yeah he did create way more confusion than he was worth.

He's a bit quieter this game though; whether that's because he's scum or if he's trying not to gently caress poo poo up remains to be seen.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

the real argument for lynching anidav is that he has proven himself capable of completely loving up town even when he is a townie. picking a person to lynch on d1 is difficult - there's not a lot to go on. he's as good a lynch as anyone.

while lynching anidav might give us a bit of information on d2, i would expect that the real info will come from night actions

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Matthew Beet posted:

Sorry, I read 7 pages on my phone and I do recall you saying something about them but not what you said. Was it important? Is it going to make people not vote Anidav?

It should. Since MC Eating Disorder took particular sadistic glee in adding weight to the bandwagon followed by IST and later Coq.

But thats a poor summary of my reasoning.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Matthew Beet posted:

Kommando posted:

Because ive been pressganged into a mafia game and i need to get myself killed before Saturday night.

Kommando seems to be turboflinging poo poo at the wall so I have a healthy amount of scepticism for his theories.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tommofork posted:

Kommando seems to be turboflinging poo poo at the wall so I have a healthy amount of scepticism for his theories.

he seems to have stopped doing that (after being called out on it) and is now gunning for MC exclusively

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Okay, the majority thing was left in from the copy pasting, I tried to avoid it but I still pulled a sweetboys.

:siren:YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE HAMMER TO LYNCH:siren:

ANIDAV won't get lynched on 10 votes or whatever.

I'll add this to the op.

Also someone tell me why votefinder isn't posting in the thread.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lid posted:

I'm legit looking elsewhere because I have learned two things from mafia games:

1. When a player on day one has zero friends and everyone is happy to lynch them then something is amiss. No lynch should ever have everyone happy unless it's a confirmed scum. This is why I am focussing on those who are saying "vote Anidav" and then continuing to post but not saying of anything of merit.

2. When players are citing "it's either this player or no lynch" in a game where we know there are going to be multiple scum then they have not done any looking at all for compatriots of that player as they can't associate any player with that one. No lynching is a threat, not a warning, and is cited by those who want to make sure that their choice dies and to stifle debate.

I'm not trying to stop Anidav being killed, he can be killed and it will give information (though whether or not its helpful will be entirely random as there is no justification in doing it), but there are others around here who are showing more signs of being scum than just a person being a bad poster.

Fake edit: I tried to post this and the thread got locked at the same time. No idea what the hell was going on.

1) everyone is joking around (sort of) about Anidav being a liability based on two of his games, especially where he has shown he will lie as town to save himself when he was only a vanilla role. That poo poo stuffs town up.

2) it's too early to so any sort of analysis that you propose and mostly can be done after the lynch. What you say about the threats does have merit, but not on this particular candidate on this particular day 1 lynch.

If someone can come out with a Stella example of someone loving up today or acting in town like, then I think the majority would change vote. It would be interesting if that was to happen who would still stay on Anidav?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Splode posted:

voting for Anidav can be justified because

- he's a bad player and regardless of alignment will get town killed
- people have 16 pages worth of stuff they otherwise wouldn't have posted, that can be examined later for CLOOOZ
- he's posting in character

Those On My Left posted:

the real argument for lynching anidav is that he has proven himself capable of completely loving up town even when he is a townie. picking a person to lynch on d1 is difficult - there's not a lot to go on. he's as good a lynch as anyone.

while lynching anidav might give us a bit of information on d2, i would expect that the real info will come from night actions

we're at 16 pages holy poo poo.

Yeah I agree with the above. I'd prefer to delay the hammer til later to stimulate more conversation, but I'll vote him when the time comes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Splode, MC and Ironic Sex Tourist.

See also: bell jar (for nothing posting), Small Keating (for jumping from wagon to wagon, including following Kommando logic)

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Splode posted:

he seems to have stopped doing that (after being called out on it) and is now gunning for MC exclusively

Oh thank god, might be able to take him seriously now.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Anidav (11): SKY COQ, Those On My Left, Splode, Avshalom, Plotterboy, Plotterboy, bell jar, Gough Suppressant, Ironic Sex Tourist, Kommando, Fruity Gordo, Kommando, Kommando, Mithranderp, Kommando, Lid, MC Eating Disorder, Lid, Lid, Small Keating, Fruity Gordo, MC Eating Disorder, Bifauxnen, Fruity Gordo, Small Keating, Mithranderp, Lid, webmeister, Matthew Beet, Ironic Sex Tourist, Ironic Sex Tourist
Splode (1): Kommando, Kommando, Lid
SKY COQ (1): Kommando, Kommando, Small Keating, Lid, Lid
MC Eating Disorder (1): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Matthew Beet (1): GoldStandardConure, Kommando, Kommando
Milky Moor (1): Seagull, Kommando, Kommando
Seagull (1): Plotterboy, Kommando, Kommando
Kommando (1): Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, MC Eating Disorder, Matthew Beet
Those On My Left (0): Kommando, Kommando
Small Keating (0): Kommando, Kommando
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Kommando
black_tangled (0): Small Keating, Kommando, Kommando, Small Keating
Harold Krell (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Kommando, Kommando
Avshalom (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Tommofork (0): Kommando, Kommando
Mithranderp (0): Kommando, Kommando, Bifauxnen, Kommando, Kommando, Bifauxnen
Lid (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
GoldStandardConure (0): Kommando, Kommando
Tirade (0): Kommando, Kommando
webmeister (0): Kommando, Kommando
bell jar (0): Kommando, Kommando
Ironic Sex Tourist (0): Kommando, Kommando
rudatron (0): Kommando, Kommando
Plotterboy (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
Gough Suppressant (0): Kommando, Kommando
thatbastardken (0): Kommando, Kommando
Fruity Gordo (0): Lid, Kommando, Kommando, Lid

Not Voting (9): Anidav, black_tangled, Harold Krell, Milky Moor, Mithranderp, rudatron, thatbastardken, Tirade, Tommofork

With 27 alive, it's 14 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 33 minutes.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Milky Moor posted:

These are dire accusations.

gently caress you milkman

# #unvote
# #vote Milky Moor

Mithranderp posted:

Well, not singlehandedly, but yeah he did create way more confusion than he was worth.

He's a bit quieter this game though; whether that's because he's scum or if he's trying not to gently caress poo poo up remains to be seen.

this is my first seriouspost in this thrad but i actually feel that he might be scum - he's posting way less than he ever has before so i'm guessing that someone in the scum doc told him to pull his head in

he also stopped posting like a crazy person about the same time fruity showed up in the thread....... :shrug:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Splode posted:

I was comfortable to turbofling poo poo until i expired, but then i tripped over MC's sardonic post and i put my gameface on.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

gently caress you milkman

By the Allspark, what has gotten into you?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Kommando sort your voting poo poo out you have upset poor votefindee

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Tommofork posted:

Oh thank god, might be able to take him seriously now.

I also was informed ive been banned from auspol IRC, so that's soberly made me sit up and pay attention.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

3 votes to hammer. :getin:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
It's actually four.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Ironic War Criminal changed his vote to Milky for ~reasons~?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lid posted:

Splode, MC and Ironic Sex Tourist.

See also: bell jar (for nothing posting), Small Keating (for jumping from wagon to wagon, including following Kommando logic)

MC is the only one of those threes who skeeves me out.

Bell jar literally posts like that even game he has ever played. We could probably lynch him next because I would never be able to tell if he was scum or not based on posting alone.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

The poo poo part about having anidav and harold in the game is if we seriously go lynching them both to get them out of the way, unless a scum fucks up bad, it'll be day four before we're really underway.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Tommofork posted:

The poo poo part about having anidav and harold in the game is if we seriously go lynching them both to get them out of the way, unless a scum fucks up bad, it'll be day four before we're really underway.

incorrect. there'll probably be night actions to look into (who the scum kills at night, whether any other interesting stuff happens at night, eg a cop doing an investigation and sharing the results)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tommofork posted:

Harold can be safely ignored though (unless he is scum, which would be a problem as his posts are incoherent anyway)

• Locked thread