Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
:siren: WEEK 8 :siren:

Texans/Jets
Pats/Eagles
Cowboys/Washington
Raiders/Lions

Browns/CPU
Bears/CPU
Brooklyn/CPU
Bulldogs/CPU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

davecrazy posted:

:siren: WEEK 8 :siren:

Raiders/Lions

When do you wanna do this, Paperback?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'm available now if you want. And gently caress, I just had a bad loss against the Lions hahah

leave me alone Megatron

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Paperback Writer posted:

I'm available now if you want. And gently caress, I just had a bad loss against the Lions hahah

leave me alone Megatron

Thank god this is the last week of no Megatron, cause Justice has a case of the dropsies! (So do your DB's , lmao)

Raiders easily handle the Lions, after a pretty stupid series of ints in the first half.

GG

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Dubious what time is good for you?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Yuzenn posted:

Thank god this is the last week of no Megatron, cause Justice has a case of the dropsies! (So do your DB's , lmao)

Raiders easily handle the Lions, after a pretty stupid series of ints in the first half.

GG
I wouldn't say "easily". But yeah thank jesus you didn't have Megatron I probably l would've been eaten alive. Not a very impressive showing by my passing or running game but somehow just got enough. That game seemed to last forever and it was close the whole time. Good game Yuzenn!

21 - 14 Raiders

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Fluo posted:

Dubious what time is good for you?

I can probably go in a little bit.

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
I'll get mine in tonight

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Dubious posted:

I can probably go in a little bit.

Sorry I fell a sleep 10minutes after that post :(

I don't know what time works for my today as I've got a handful of stuff to get sorted I'll update in a bit but if we can't do tonight I 100% can do tomorrow.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
OK Thompson, tonight you get your shot at the champs. What time works for you?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The Piper posted:

OK Thompson, tonight you get your shot at the champs. What time works for you?

So I should be home right around 6 pst. Anytime after that I'm good...you just have to give me a few minutes to toke up once I get home!

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Rotary, what does your schedule look like for the next couple of days? I am free in the evenings from about 6 central on.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Probably wont be online at all tonight. But wife works nights tomorrow sat and sun. So any of those days after 730, I'll be on.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Dude. I'm going to light this blunt and meet you online. You on?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

thompson posted:

Dude. I'm going to light this blunt and meet you online. You on?

Yep. You got a mic?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

The Piper posted:

Yep. You got a mic?

Oh yeah.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
2 seconds just getting ripped.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Broadcasting this to https://www.twitch.tv/brb_alcohol1

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

RIP Geno's collarbone

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Texans score with 51 seconds left to take the lead 21-20 but give up a field goal with :01 left on the clock and fall to the Jets 23-21. Really close and well contested game. Lots of turnovers. Lots of big plays and big runs to boot. I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the game nasty. :350: :420:

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Jets escape another close user game. I was down 14-0 quickly and Arian Foster was gashing me. Then I lost Geno to a broken collarbone. But my savior Kevin Kolb leads the Jets back to tie it before halftime. In the 2nd half I kick 2 field goals which I knew wouldn't be enough. Thompson scores a go-ahead TD with 38 seconds left but I have all 3 timeouts left. On my 2nd play, Watt sacks Kolb and I"m down to 1 timeout left with 25 seconds at my own 30 yard line. Then I zip a 23 yarder to Decker - hurry up - 20 yarder to Decker - timeout - game winning 45 yard FG with time expiring.

Felt like I stole that one. I've got a few CPU games coming up with Kolb under center but I also play Dave in 2 weeks in a likely undefeated showdown. I have little faith in Kolb knocking off the Browns but we shall see. He's actually not much worse than Geno.

Good game Thompson.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
haha kevin kolb is starting games in the fake year 2015.

i'm one hit away from starting sexy rexy

Fluo
May 25, 2007

dubious i'll turn my ps4 on and just give me a shout if you're game today, i've had a couple of beers but hopefully we can get a game tonight, tomorrow i got to get to sleep early etc

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fluo posted:

dubious i'll turn my ps4 on and just give me a shout if you're game today, i've had a couple of beers but hopefully we can get a game tonight, tomorrow i got to get to sleep early etc

i cant play until around 9ish PST, depending on FG showing up for our bizarro game.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

Probably wont be online at all tonight. But wife works nights tomorrow sat and sun. So any of those days after 730, I'll be on.

Hey hey, you gonna be on tonight?

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Havoc904 posted:

Hey hey, you gonna be on tonight?

Sorry, I wasn't on at all yesterday night. When I made that post, I was thinking it was thursday already.

I will for sure be on tonight though.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

rotaryfun posted:

Sorry, I wasn't on at all yesterday night. When I made that post, I was thinking it was thursday already.

I will for sure be on tonight though.

And again havoc I'm apologizing for not making it happen tonight. Be on and ready for you tomorrow night. Or 3 in the afternoon if you would rather beat me then instead.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

And again havoc I'm apologizing for not making it happen tonight. Be on and ready for you tomorrow night. Or 3 in the afternoon if you would rather beat me then instead.

No worries as long as we get it in before the league week turnover. I should be around the house the rest of the day playing games and watching old Royal Rumbles, so just let me know a time!

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Kids are in bed and I'm out with the dog. Be on soon as I get back in the house.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
fluo, whats it looking like?

It's down to you and me after this ongoing game is over.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Dubious posted:

fluo, whats it looking like?

It's down to you and me after this ongoing game is over.

I'm free !

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

rotaryfun posted:

Kids are in bed and I'm out with the dog. Be on soon as I get back in the house.

For some reason I just got like 4 of your messages an hour after they were sent.

Cowboys 31 - Redskins 3

It was a pretty good defensive battle to start the 1st quarter, lots of short drives. Then the Cowboys opened it up a bit with some big runs. Griffin was horribly inconsistent and I can't imagine how frustrated you were getting. Desean Jackson had a few steps on some routes, then Griffin would randomly throw the slowest floater I have ever seen. You should have had at least 2 big gains but instead they were incompletions.

I couldn't believe that punt, too bad you couldn't challenge it. It looked like it flew out of bounds and they spotted the ball at the half yard line. I got lucky with Carr in the perfect placement on his two picks.

Hopefully Griffin is a bit more consistent in our rematch this season. You were doing really good with Morris but abandoned the run early on.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I'm going to have to go to bed - I'll be around during / after the pro bowl if you're free then if not I guess auto? D:

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Havoc904 posted:

For some reason I just got like 4 of your messages an hour after they were sent.

Cowboys 31 - Redskins 3

It was a pretty good defensive battle to start the 1st quarter, lots of short drives. Then the Cowboys opened it up a bit with some big runs. Griffin was horribly inconsistent and I can't imagine how frustrated you were getting. Desean Jackson had a few steps on some routes, then Griffin would randomly throw the slowest floater I have ever seen. You should have had at least 2 big gains but instead they were incompletions.

I couldn't believe that punt, too bad you couldn't challenge it. It looked like it flew out of bounds and they spotted the ball at the half yard line. I got lucky with Carr in the perfect placement on his two picks.

Hopefully Griffin is a bit more consistent in our rematch this season. You were doing really good with Morris but abandoned the run early on.

Yeah I was pretty well done by the 3rd. Felt good stopping you early but it all just crumbled away.

That 1 yard punt was sick. I didn't intentionally challenge. I don't know what I pressed on my controller but whatever it was it threw the red flag.

Games like that make it hard to finish but I certainly don't leave games before they're done.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Waiting on Brooklyn/CPU and Pats/Eagles

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
fluo checking again, whats your availability today. lets get this done, were holding up the advance.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Dubious posted:

fluo checking again, whats your availability today. lets get this done, were holding up the advance.

back from the FA Cup irl, if you're free now till like, next 2-3 hours? or anytime tonight to a reasonable time idk

i'll message on psn and pm you incase and i 100% understand if you miss this post etc

Fluo fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jan 25, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
im on and ready, im going to just sim us if you cant make it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Pats/Eagles

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
He's got til i get out of the shower, then i'm gonna knock it out and advance.

• Locked thread