Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

SKY COQ posted:

It's also worth noting that there are almost certainly multiple scum factions, one of which was either role blocked or biding it's time last night.

unvoting until coq explains what he means by this.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

I'm really suss on both webmeister and lid.
Soags post was pretty convincing and Lid is becoming pretty shrill now as it looks like his choice of bell jar isn't going to happen, which makes me think lid may be trying to either deflect or coq is right and there are multiple scum teams.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Plotterboy posted:

I'm really suss on both webmeister and lid.
Soags post was pretty convincing and Lid is becoming pretty shrill now as it looks like his choice of bell jar isn't going to happen, which makes me think lid may be trying to either deflect or coq is right and there are multiple scum teams.

Or option 3 mr "i hammered anidav because or look over here", it's because I am going to vote webmeister and have said the case is solid but think bell jar is also scum and is actively being alienating in the game. If you think anything I've said is a defence of webby you are sorely mistaken, hell they're not even defending themselves.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

work

can I go home yet?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
You think Bell Jar is a Decepticon and yet you try and jack my spark because of it?

##unvote

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

You're still getting really angry that nobody is voting for belljar

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

thatbastardken posted:

how do you know that? Or what are you basing your guess on?

Purely a guess based on the size of the player base. I was expecting mass carnage overnight, and the fact that it didn't happen suggests a flukey roleblock, some scum with time limited roles or some other scenario.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Splode posted:

I've been following the theories presented so far, and none of them have been particularly strong other than this one.

It's possible all webbies' friends are AFK or realise that weighing in now will look suss as hell (though it's a bit early too throw a fellow scum under the bus, poor webby)

Not necessarily. In the game where bif and I were scum I went out and defended her hard, (much to her dismay I found out afterwards) and it worked.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

SKY COQ posted:

Purely a guess based on the size of the player base. I was expecting mass carnage overnight, and the fact that it didn't happen suggests a flukey roleblock, some scum with time limited roles or some other scenario.

To be fair, and I am giving you a lot of benefit of the doubt here as you were pinging me day one, this isn't entirely unfathomable considering we had two cops on town side. A single scum group wouldn't need two cops unless they are a huge size.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lid posted:

To be fair, and I am giving you a lot of benefit of the doubt here as you were pinging me day one, this isn't entirely unfathomable considering we had two cops on town side. A single scum group wouldn't need two cops unless they are a huge size.

Cheers, I appreciate your willingness to think about it. Seriously a 27 player game is massive, it's not just going to be one group. Or if it is, I will be a very surprised robot in disguise.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Can someone point me to a good example of a game that has had multiple scumteams? Is that like the last recent games that had Small Keating tacked on as a bonus mystery scum? Cause "teams" seems to imply something bigger or more involved than one lone wolf, but I've never actually been in or watched a game that's used multiple teams ever.

Hell, even the last game had the small group of lonely scum convinced there was a whole nother team floating out there, but there wasn't. Where does this idea come from?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Thanks, that's a reasonable explanation.

vote webmeister

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Can someone point me to a good example of a game that has had multiple scumteams? Is that like the last recent games that had Small Keating tacked on as a bonus mystery scum? Cause "teams" seems to imply something bigger or more involved than one lone wolf, but I've never actually been in or watched a game that's used multiple teams ever.

Hell, even the last game had the small group of lonely scum convinced there was a whole nother team floating out there, but there wasn't. Where does this idea come from?

We've played a couple - I think Freudian Slip ran a couple that had multiple teams, and Sweeroy was reminding us in the scumdoc last game that his previous game had three.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

##vote webmeister

forgot my hashtags

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Given game size multiple scum teams are an option, as is a serial killer. If we accept these possibilities we have to then deduce what happened on night one. The main possibilities are someone got roleblocked or everyone wanted TOML dead and they all hit the same target.

This is however navel gazing and we can't be sure of anything currently so we should stick to waiting for webmeister to appear and probably role claim because if nothing else happens they're going to be the lynch today.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think we've had a one or two games with two separate scum teams before.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Three?! Divvying them up that much seems to kind of spoil the point of scum, but I would love to read that poo poo.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

The pair of Decepticon groups cannot communicate with each other and do not know who is in the other group. But they share the same goal of tyranny and destruction.

It is possible that there are Constructicons onboard but the lack of dead Autobots makes it unlikely.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The last mafia game I was in (a while ago) had two scum teams, but it was on of the one mills. We won't know for sure until we get more than one night kill, or one scum team gets night-killed for some reason. But here's another thing to think about: where is the vigi?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

thatbastardken posted:

##vote webmeister

forgot my hashtags

Hashes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
webmeister I would like to know which autobot you are.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Small Keating has yet to respond to my direct call out to him, and tangled is still low posting. It's hard to tell whether or not their reasons are legitimate, but I'm still suspecting both of them.

Bell Jar has consistently white noised posted, but it's also important to note that he responded quickly, very quickly (11 minutes) after my call out. So he doesn't have much time to post, but he has time to read.

Webmiester gave really bad reasons but it's hard to tell whether that is because he's not reading anyone or he's scum. There's definitely a lot of people I can't get a read on in here.

If any of those 4 get lynched, I will be a happy man.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Webmeister is the easy choice, but we have five hours and I'm still not convinced lid isn't covering up anything. Especially with the way he has been carrying on.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

rudatron posted:

Bell Jar has consistently white noised posted, but it's also important to note that he responded quickly, very quickly (11 minutes) after my call out. So he doesn't have much time to post, but he has time to read.

i mentioned already that i start work in the afternoons this week, it's just a coincidence bud

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Bifauxnen posted:

My first game that FS ran had two or three scum teams, and two masonries. It worked well, somehow.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Well this game is stuck in a holding pattern until webmeister appears.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Well this game is stuck in a holding pattern until webmeister appears.

Having second thoughts on your lynch, 'con?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

Having second thoughts on your lynch, 'con?

Nope, i'm just really bored. And second thoughts don't really count where my first post about the webmeister case was that it was solid and made sense so I would be voting for them unless something changed so... first thoughts I guess.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
How many more votes until hammer?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
##unvote

Six.

I'm liking the webmeister points but I'll hold off on voting for him until later.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Six more for Webmeister til hammer.

http://votefinder.org/game/auspol-10

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Seagull posted:

##unvote

Six.

I'm liking the webmeister points but I'll hold off on voting for him until later.

Eh, there's no point in "holding off until later" because there are still six (now seven) votes needed, and we're not even halfway any more. We do still have just over four hours, and it's good to hold off on the hammer, but don't leave it too late.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

What happens if we don't get 6 more votes in time?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Harold Krell posted:

What happens if we don't get 6 more votes in time?

Nothing. Nobody gets lynched.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Mithranderp posted:

Eh, there's no point in "holding off until later" because there are still six (now seven) votes needed, and we're not even halfway any more. We do still have just over four hours, and it's good to hold off on the hammer, but don't leave it too late.

Wait I was wrong, there are still six votes, I thought Seagull had unvoted from webmeister. MY BAD.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

If there aren't 13 votes for a single player when time runs out in about 4 hours and 15 minutes, no one is lynched, the day is over and the game move on to night.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

Maybe we should just have a no lynch day.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Mithranderp posted:

I'm giving it until he shows up or seven.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Harold Krell posted:

Maybe we should just have a no lynch day.

If anyone wants to see Krell lynched now would be a good time to make your case as anyone who says this is immediately suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Wow this thread sure changed since I last checked in :stare:

So basically everyone bandwagons me because Soag thinks my posting style changed? Yeah I'm a bit less flippant in this thread than others, but that's pretty flimsy evidence.

What I find interesting is the bandwagon rush that followed quickly - Soag quotes a few posts in one and the scum stampede in. Splode, Sky Coq, Bifauxnen, and Tommofork who even helpfully pointed out that he totally wasn't a bandwagon joiner.

And I notice that Rudatron is still just white-noise posting and hasn't bothered voting for anyone or accusing anyone. Not wanting to join your scum brothers on the bandwagon too early?

• Locked thread