Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bifauxnen posted:

So if this claim looks legit, is everything going to conveniently fizzle out now that everyone bandwagonned on what looked like a sure thing, and the rug got pulled out?

Start casting votes, people. Just on your second choice if it wasn't webmeister. If they're all spread out, no one will get hammered, but we can see who's willing to vote for who, and hopefully pick out another good lynchtrain to start moving on, if that's what we gotta do.

##unvote

##vote bell jar

My second choice here is Splode still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

just flagging something up re the TOML death:

We need to be open to the possibility of there being a scum day cop who fingered TOML

Either that or they got very lucky last night

Or have potentially infiltrated a masonry?

This is pretty insane at the moment. It's much more likely that TOML was killed for being the only person to talk about information from night actions and scum took a chance on him. At least I'm pretty sure he was the only person saying there'd be more info in the morning.

Those On My Left posted:

incorrect. there'll probably be night actions to look into (who the scum kills at night, whether any other interesting stuff happens at night, eg a cop doing an investigation and sharing the results)

Those On My Left posted:

the real argument for lynching anidav is that he has proven himself capable of completely loving up town even when he is a townie. picking a person to lynch on d1 is difficult - there's not a lot to go on. he's as good a lynch as anyone.

while lynching anidav might give us a bit of information on d2, i would expect that the real info will come from night actions

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
if i had to pick one person who i suspect, other than webmaster, i'd say milky. it's obvious from his flavour posts that he's invested in the game, but he's also being extremely non-committal and giving nothing away, good or bad; it's mostly just meaningless "let's do what's right for the town guys" rhetoric without any call to action behind it. he doesn't really have much to defend him either, as his only real contribution has been voting for anidav once the lynch train was well underway and the conclusion was obvious. on the other hand i feel pretty bad about this because he's obviously having a great time playing, but,

##vote Milky Moor

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Lid posted:

##unvote

##vote bell jar

My second choice here is Splode still.

:rolleyes:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'm finding it strange people are going "yeah webmeister is suss as poo poo but *unvote* *vote for someone else with nothing*"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'd be pushing the Splode point but the webmeister one has more behind it at this point in time.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
##vote webmeister

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Avshalom posted:

if i had to pick one person who i suspect, other than webmaster, i'd say milky. it's obvious from his flavour posts that he's invested in the game, but he's also being extremely non-committal and giving nothing away, good or bad; it's mostly just meaningless "let's do what's right for the town guys" rhetoric without any call to action behind it. he doesn't really have much to defend him either, as his only real contribution has been voting for anidav once the lynch train was well underway and the conclusion was obvious. on the other hand i feel pretty bad about this because he's obviously having a great time playing, but,

##vote Milky Moor

I've revealed my position already, just not obviously (because to do so would invite Decepticon retribution). I'm hoping someone is familiar enough with our Cybertronian history to piece together who I am and get the wheels turning.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Avshalom posted:

##vote Milky Moor
On the same trend, Seagull also has a high post count but low content count, to a such a degree that it's surprising.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Seagull posted:

I'm finding it strange people are going "yeah webmeister is suss as poo poo but *unvote* *vote for someone else with nothing*"

Yeah, even the people going "we still have here hours guys" are a bit weird. Like, here's the best argument we're likely to get after 10 hours of debate. poo poo or get off the pot.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

rudatron posted:

On the same trend, Seagull also has a high post count but low content count, to a such a degree that it's surprising.

The entirety of my existence is shitposting.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Milky Moor posted:

I've revealed my position already, just not obviously (because to do so would invite Decepticon retribution). I'm hoping someone is familiar enough with our Cybertronian history to piece together who I am and get the wheels turning.

no one will

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, so who else do you suspect other than webmeister, and why? Give us a short list.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Milky Moor posted:

Oh

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seagull posted:

no one will

No I got it.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Milky Moor posted:

From this I'm pretty sure I know who Milky is. I'll vouch for him for now.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Me? I made a point about how Splode was talking up about how he had suspicions about Tirade based on being a hammer or just prior to hammer, but didn't actually vote for them until someone else agreed with him without adding anything more to the conversation, so I'm suspicious of him. soag made some good points about webmeister which is why I'm currently voting for him since he's our current best option I guess.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
##vote black_tangled

He's my primary suspect, but I might switch to another person just to get a lynch out (so probably webmeister).

What I don't like though is how the early bandwagon is too static, there's not enough discussion and whichever vote gains a lead early is basically the default winner. That's too easy to manipulate imo.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

rudatron posted:

##vote black_tangled

He's my primary suspect, but I might switch to another person just to get a lynch out (so probably webmeister).

What I don't like though is how the early bandwagon is too static, there's not enough discussion and whichever vote gains a lead early is basically the default winner. That's too easy to manipulate imo.

i'm happy to agree with this, she's on my radar for not posting and dating small keating, and its a better vote than kommando too i think
##vote black_tangled

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

rudatron posted:

I thought we had a decent amount of discussion today, especially compared to yesterday's total chaos. But without people actually placing votes to put some weight behind their opinions, it's hard to get anywhere. There should be some more people reporting in now that we're at the 2 hour mark.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

Yeah, even the people going "we still have here hours guys" are a bit weird. Like, here's the best argument we're likely to get after 10 hours of debate. poo poo or get off the pot.

Town loses nothing by waiting a bit longer.

SKY COQ posted:

From this I'm pretty sure I know who Milky is. I'll vouch for him for now.

And this means nothing. Who are you to vouch for Milky? Who vouches for you? Why should we believe you?

Oh wait, did you only say it so that milky would think you're okay in future? pretty classic scum ploy.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Im going to have to go for Lid, I just don't trust what Lids been saying.

However if it doesn't get the votes up id help push black_tangled or webmeister over the line

##vote Lid

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Oh

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No I got it.

If you truly did, then this night will prove to be an interesting one.

As much as democracy is the pillar of our Cybertronian society, I will not cast a vote for Sunstreaker. It pains my spark to say it, but I would rather we remove the quiet ones from our midst.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Apologies for my absence today, I am actually still at work.

My vote is for ##vote kommando had him on my watch since yesterday.

Also rudtron you were about as absent yesterday as I was today so you are about as suss as me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'd be looking at

webmeister (why did people back off did I miss something?)

Small Keats / black tangled for being absent

Avshalom (I don't believe she is as beginner)

Tirade (gut feeling at this stage)

Lid seems to be scum hunting but he still doesn't sit right with me. Need to go back and read his posts when I get to my computer.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
Votefinder I miss you

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
My two robo-cents:

I have no loving idea who is acting scummy and who isn't, because unlike the rest of you I haven't trained in the mountains with Mafia Master Mills to learn the secret ways.

And I don't have any opinion one way or the other on beets "Always Lynch Day One" rule, but I think that lynching anidav has hosed us up at least for today.

Everyone came screaming into the game determined to lynch day one, for legit reasons (anidavs expected meltdown screwing town) or not legit reasons (some kind of hate-boner carry over for anidav on previous days), which would make it loving hard to scum hunt with all the poo poo being flung back and forth between the pro and anti Anidav camps, and also would give any scum a good loving cover by voting not to lynch him, especially now that its revealed he was a loving cop.

We had an opening day full of white noise and shitposting vitriol, and its cost us two cops and gotten us very little information (well, very little information for me to work on anyway, as I'm not a mafia savant like half the players in here are acting like).

I have no idea who the gently caress to vote for tonight, and I don't just want to leap on a bandwagon for the sake of scoring a lynch.

We still have an hour or so to go, so I'm gonna play close attention and see what happens and maybe cast a vote then.

*expects to be lynched for being poo poo at the game*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Matthew Beet posted:

Cause he's made a claim that sounds like he could legitimately be town. The Autobot he named is apparently a sociopath or vigilante or mason or something.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

black_tangled posted:

Apologies for my absence today, I am actually still at work.

My vote is for ##vote kommando had him on my watch since yesterday.

Also rudtron you were about as absent yesterday as I was today so you are about as suss as me.
Not quite, no, but it's not just about quantity. This is the first time you've ever actually made any accusations, and it only came right after I had voted for you.

But okay, let's be reasonable. Who are you Top 4 scummy looking players, and why are they there? Let's hear your side.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause he's made a claim that sounds like he could legitimately be town. The Autobot he named is apparently a sociopath or vigilante or mason or something.

Pretend I put a gif here of me googling 'transformer autobot names'

Wow gee that was hard.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
how are we meant to look at votes now that votefinder is dead?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Vote finder ain't dead?

http://votefinder.org/game/auspol-10#votecount

Votecount for Day 2

webmeister (8): Ironic Sex Tourist, SKY COQ, Splode, Tommofork, Mithranderp, Milky Moor, thatbastardken, Kommando, thatbastardken, Milky Moor, thatbastardken, Lid, Lid, Seagull
black_tangled (2): rudatron, bell jar
Avshalom (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen
Lid (1): Plotterboy
bell jar (1): Lid, Lid, Lid
Milky Moor (1): Avshalom
Kommando (1): bell jar, bell jar, black_tangled
thatbastardken (1): Harold Krell
Small Keating (0): Bifauxnen, Kommando, Bifauxnen, Kommando
Splode (0): Seagull, Seagull
Bifauxnen (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
Tommofork (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
Tirade (0): Splode, Splode
rudatron (0): Kommando, Kommando

Not Voting (7): Fruity Gordo, GoldStandardConure, Gough Suppressant, Milky Moor, Small Keating, Tirade, webmeister

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 50 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Votefinder seems to be working fine for me if you actually go to the votefinder.org site.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Where did fruity get to?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Pretend I put a gif here of me googling 'transformer autobot names'

Wow gee that was hard.

gently caress you're making me break character again you dick

he either knows enough about transformers to happenstance pick one who fits the established continuity theme or it's the one that was given to him

there's a lot of autobot names that, if picked, would cause me to get suspicious because they don't fit into the same 'area' as red alert, prowl and warpath

my transformers savantry is actually an asset for once

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

GoldStandardConure posted:

My two robo-cents:

I have no loving idea who is acting scummy and who isn't, because unlike the rest of you I haven't trained in the mountains with Mafia Master Mills to learn the secret ways.

And I don't have any opinion one way or the other on beets "Always Lynch Day One" rule, but I think that lynching anidav has hosed us up at least for today.

Everyone came screaming into the game determined to lynch day one, for legit reasons (anidavs expected meltdown screwing town) or not legit reasons (some kind of hate-boner carry over for anidav on previous days), which would make it loving hard to scum hunt with all the poo poo being flung back and forth between the pro and anti Anidav camps, and also would give any scum a good loving cover by voting not to lynch him, especially now that its revealed he was a loving cop.

We had an opening day full of white noise and shitposting vitriol, and its cost us two cops and gotten us very little information (well, very little information for me to work on anyway, as I'm not a mafia savant like half the players in here are acting like).

I have no idea who the gently caress to vote for tonight, and I don't just want to leap on a bandwagon for the sake of scoring a lynch.

We still have an hour or so to go, so I'm gonna play close attention and see what happens and maybe cast a vote then.

*expects to be lynched for being poo poo at the game*
I'm not that good at mafia, and I don't think most people here are, I'm just posting in the moment.

On a side note, there is definitely a small group of people who are way too good at playing buddy-buddy, and will therefore have to get lynched at some point.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh i didn't actually realise there was a site :shobon:

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

Town loses nothing by waiting a bit longer.

And this means nothing. Who are you to vouch for Milky? Who vouches for you? Why should we believe you?

Oh wait, did you only say it so that milky would think you're okay in future? pretty classic scum ploy.

I debated legit throwing out his (assumed) name but don't want t to tip scum off. On the other hand, Milky is a Transformers savant so may just have pulled the whole thing out of his arse.

Have to assume this was as close to a role claim as he thought he could get away with.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Matthew Beet posted:

I'd be looking at

PEOPLE BACKED OFF BECAUSE THEY ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS AND AS SOON AS ONE BACKS OFF, EVERYONE BACKS OFF

WHEN THE LYNCH IS ON, THE LYNCH IS ON! ffs why dont you people GET THIS

bandwagons are a good thing and how you win mafia

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
also milky roleclaims primus

big call, milky gunna get shanked in him sleep tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

gently caress you're making me break character again you dick

he either knows enough about transformers to happenstance pick one who fits the established continuity theme or it's the one that was given to him

Yes you're right. Nerds on the internet that know about transformers is such a rarity.

quote:

there's a lot of autobot names that, if picked, would cause me to get suspicious because they don't fit into the same 'area' as red alert, prowl and warpath

my transformers savantry is actually an asset for once

It could be good when you're trying to defend a scum bro I guess.

• Locked thread