Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Matthew Beet posted:

Avshalom (I don't believe she is as beginner)
this is a weird point to hold against me. for one thing, i've screwed up the actual technical parts of the game a few times (at first i didn't know how to vote, and then i didn't know you couldn't edit posts) in ways you'd expect from someone who hadn't played before. and for another, again, i've made nothing but mistakes so far. both you and ironic sex tourist seem to be saying that i'm playing too well for a beginner, which is either:

a) a meaningless accusation thrown out to either provoke me or distract everybody else,

or

b) means i've said something that's hit a bit too close to a truth, enough that you think i arrived at that conclusion by deduction and analysis rather than just farting into the wind (which is how i'm coming up with everything at the moment, for lack of a better tactic). which would mean that either you, sexy, or both, are aware of something that i'm not, and it's sensitive enough that just the fact that i blundered near it has got your hackles up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SKY COQ posted:

I debated legit throwing out his (assumed) name but don't want t to tip scum off. On the other hand, Milky is a Transformers savant so may just have pulled the whole thing out of his arse.

Have to assume this was as close to a role claim as he thought he could get away with.

They breadcrumbed i checked. Milky is at least internally consistent.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Surely if you just put his name out there then the possibility of a doctor or watcher targeting him is around the same as scum targeting him.

The whole "yeah I totally believe in this dude but I won't tell you why" is really dumb.

Scum will have multiple people working on figuring it out where as each townie is an island. Put his name out and if a doctor or watcher thinks that's enough for him to get targeted they either save him or see who kills him and we get way more informed tomorrow.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

rudatron posted:

Not quite, no, but it's not just about quantity. This is the first time you've ever actually made any accusations, and it only came right after I had voted for you.

But okay, let's be reasonable. Who are you Top 4 scummy looking players, and why are they there? Let's hear your side.

I'm voting kommando because of his shifty jumping from vote to vote from minute one.

Next is ironic sex tourist for aggressive posts on enemies tee- not convinced of his arguments.

Sky coq same.

Followed by milky moor but mostly for postin in character.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I honestly don't think you can win as townie by trying to compartmentalise information because scum have such a big advantage in doing so.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

black_tangled posted:

I'm voting kommando because of his shifty jumping from vote to vote from minute one.

Next is ironic sex tourist for aggressive posts on enemies tee- not convinced of his arguments.

Sky coq same.

This entire post is a series of lies.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Avshalom posted:

this is a weird point to hold against me. for one thing, i've screwed up the actual technical parts of the game a few times (at first i didn't know how to vote, and then i didn't know you couldn't edit posts) in ways you'd expect from someone who hadn't played before. and for another, again, i've made nothing but mistakes so far. both you and ironic sex tourist seem to be saying that i'm playing too well for a beginner, which is either:

a) a meaningless accusation thrown out to either provoke me or distract everybody else,

or

b) means i've said something that's hit a bit too close to a truth, enough that you think i arrived at that conclusion by deduction and analysis rather than just farting into the wind (which is how i'm coming up with everything at the moment, for lack of a better tactic). which would mean that either you, sexy, or both, are aware of something that i'm not, and it's sensitive enough that just the fact that i blundered near it has got your hackles up.

It's not a meaningless accusation since I voted for you earlier. :shrug:

Anyhow I left out a part of what I was trying to say in what you quoted. It's meant to say not as beginner as she pretends to be. You're acting the beginner, I concede it'd your first game but you're smarter than that.

Anyhow what is this awesome info that i've strayed to close to the truth on? That you voted Anidav? That you think bif is town? Something something breasts?

You've not made a coherent argument about anything yet that I recall (but I've missed poo poo I admitted earlier and need to go back to double check)

So don't try to make stuff up defending yourself. I'd rather make a lynch on a more promising suspect than you.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
realtalk: milky postin in character is the best part of the game for me

well, that and harold

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lid posted:

They breadcrumbed i checked. Milky is at least internally consistent.

"They" breadcrumbed? Milky's been posting Transformers stuff all along, sure, and he's backing up webmeister's claim as making sense, but where did webmeister say anything?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i don't make coherent arguments in general tbh

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i don't think lid is scum, i think he's just dumb

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

dumb and paranoid

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

"They" breadcrumbed? Milky's been posting Transformers stuff all along, sure, and he's backing up webmeister's claim as making sense, but where did webmeister say anything?

I took it to mean a singular they but idk

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i think lid is drawing way too much attention to himself and making too many enemies to be scum

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

black_tangled posted:

ummmmmm thats kind of my 'thing'

seriously if we miss a lynch because webby knows the name of a toy he played with when he was a babby im going to go all loving beastwars on your asses

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Bifauxnen posted:

"They" was referring to Milky, not webmeister. Personally i was hoping for a flavour counterclaim but none are forthcoming.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
i already have my scum pick for tomorrow organised based on how theyve been playing today

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

bell jar posted:

i don't think lid is scum, i think he's just dumb

I'm leaning this way too, but that means we should check out who is using Lid as a pretence to vote a certain way. Dumb townies are scums best asset

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

im going to go all loving beastwars on your asses

Does that involve the fingat?

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
Not Voting (7): Fruity Gordo, GoldStandardConure, Gough Suppressant, Milky Moor, Small Keating, Tirade, webmeister

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i already have my scum pick for tomorrow organised based on how theyve been playing today

And if you die?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Gough Suppressant posted:

I'm leaning this way too, but that means we should check out who is using Lid as a pretence to vote a certain way. Dumb townies are scums best asset
speaking of which, i'm suspicious of harold's silence and good behaviour (relatively speaking) this game

did he learn his lesson from what happened to anidav? or is this something more sinister?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Tell us in case you get nightkilled.

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW

Matthew Beet posted:

And if you die?

i think youre all smart enough to figure it out for yourself

plus im not going to die

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

webmeister (8): Ironic Sex Tourist, SKY COQ, Splode, Tommofork, Mithranderp, Milky Moor, thatbastardken, Kommando, thatbastardken, Milky Moor, thatbastardken, Lid, Lid, Seagull
black_tangled (2): rudatron, bell jar
Avshalom (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Matthew Beet, Bifauxnen
Lid (1): Plotterboy
bell jar (1): Lid, Lid, Lid
Milky Moor (1): Avshalom
Kommando (1): bell jar, bell jar, black_tangled
thatbastardken (1): Harold Krell
Small Keating (0): Bifauxnen, Kommando, Bifauxnen, Kommando
Splode (0): Seagull, Seagull
Bifauxnen (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
Tommofork (0): Harold Krell, Harold Krell
Tirade (0): Splode, Splode
rudatron (0): Kommando, Kommando

Not Voting (7): Fruity Gordo, GoldStandardConure, Gough Suppressant, Milky Moor, Small Keating, Tirade, webmeister

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 22nd, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 27 minutes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gough Suppressant posted:

The answer is no one so if we use this logic my arguments are flawed and i am fingering scum at the same time so they can't use me that way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmm who on that list has been posting today?

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
i will tell when we get close to voting, i want to give them some more rope

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, where is Fruity?!

I'm gonna move my vote off Avs just to get a bigger 2nd option going, it sounds a bit better now that she showed up to come out against scumhunting and vote for a dude who's probably going to self-destruct or go inactive on Saturday anyway:

##vote black_tangled

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i was going to do this in-character but it was long and huge so i'm going to spit it out quick

there are autobots that everyone knows and have been featured in multiple movies and series. prime, bumbleebee, ratchet, bulkhead, arcee, wheeljack, jazz, ironhide. these are big names and are ones you can quickly find on the internet if you wanted to google for autobots. there are also more recent ones who are less well known like tailgate and strongarm who someone might find if they wanted to be sneaky. sunstreaker is a low-tier autobot and would be unlikely to be someone's immediate choice if they were questioned and had to pull a flavour claim quickly. he also fits with the theme as currently established, something which a lot of other autobots wouldn't because they aren't from the same continuity. there are a number of autobot names that i have picked in my head that i'm expecting to see show up as claims or deaths over the coming days. for example, i'd say we have a pretty high chance of our doctor being ratchet.

sunstreaker just fits and it makes me dubious enough to lynch him given that warpath and red alert are of a similar semi-obscure tier. prowl is the most well-known so far, but not by much.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Voting closes in what 20 minutes?

No one else is going to pick up the votes and work might get busy so I guess I'll ##vote webmeister just in case

I think some of the arguments against him are a bit flimsy so if he flips town we have something to go on tomorrow.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

There's a special 1 hour extension tonight due to the thread opening late so 1hr 20!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

at the risk of OMGUS I have to say the vote for me is pretty unsubstantiated. If I ger lynched, I urge you to look to those who voted me above other silent players today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

1 hour, 20 minutes. I keep votefinder open just so I can go by that to be sure.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

black_tangled posted:

at the risk of OMGUS I have to say the vote for me is pretty unsubstantiated. If I ger lynched, I urge you to look to those who voted me above other silent players today.

Will do

##vote black_tangled

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Tommofork posted:

There's a special 1 hour extension tonight due to the thread opening late so 1hr 20!

Oh, this is good at least. Will keep my vote there for now unless a credible second option opens up

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

black_tangled posted:

Sky coq same.

3/4 of your options are based on nothing but 'I don't like them' and kommando hasn't actually done a lot of vote shifting, in the context of mafia games at least. Honestly I'd be expecting more people to play like him, but that's not what we're getting. Not having strong accusations, on top of your convenient response and only making an accusation after being explicitly asked to, means you're still my best suspect, above webmeister.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
so, by that logic, if our doctor is ratchet - because we almost certainly have a doctor, then, if we have a watcher, it's probably hound. if we have a town roleblocker, that might be wheeljack. ironhide might be a bodyguard. many of the others would be vanilla, i presume, but i'd say that at least the more well-known names will have roles attached to them.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Oh also I find IST claiming that he won't die tonight unusual but I have no idea what it actually means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i think that unless something dramatic happens in the next 80 minutes, i'm going to hold off voting. yes, there's a bit of a case against webmeister, but there's a bit of a case against a lot of people. i'm not so sure that lynching for the sake of lynching is a great idea under our current circumstances.

• Locked thread