Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Condiv posted:

legit feel sorry for that mom

not for ross though, hope he spends the rest of his days in prison

Its gotta be hard for a parent to accept that their own child was a criminal

But the evidence piling up showing that he was proud of it too and also dumb as a rock is just salt on the wound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

legit sad to watch ross' mom slowly transition to acceptance. if you aren't deep in the libertarian/volantaryist/psychopath echo chamber, none of what ross is accused of is acceptable to mainstream society. her blog is written heavily under the assumption he was the wrong guy, and never says that silk road was a morally acceptable venture. poor lady, going through hell for her son's lovely and self destructive behavior.

on the other hand, im legit happy to have heresiarch back. take care of yourself, and don't let us jerks or the jerks we mock out of petty tribalism and schadenfreude-lust bring you down.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

FMguru posted:

welcome back h

:unsmith:

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
all aboard ECHOPISS WEIRD PILL SPACESHSIP

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

CSM posted:

Purely theoretical: I wonder if a smart hacker, perhaps outside US jurisdiction, could anonymously send the jury of the Ulbricht trial texts and emails explains jury nullification? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 21 hours ago by keepcalmson

i really don't get libertarian's hard on for jurors ruling without regards to the law

sure, they could rule a guilty guy innocent on purpose, but they could do the opposite as well

plus jury nullification would only be an option for the popular, which means they'd never get jury nullification to work for them

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

CSM posted:

Purely theoretical: I wonder if a smart hacker, perhaps outside US jurisdiction, could anonymously send the jury of the Ulbricht trial texts and emails explains jury nullification? (self.Bitcoin)

submitted 21 hours ago by keepcalmson

the really really weird thing about this is that they think that the average person on the jury doesn't think drugs are evil and we should lock up all the drug mans

these are 12 people who purposefully aren't internet savvy. they are almost certainly in full support of the drug war

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

ATTN: ROTOR:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

I don't think the existing system works and I think it's also corrupt which is why Ross is innocent and I will achieve this by corrupting the jury

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

yeahhhhhhhh boiiii

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Ross joked about attracting younger users.

“Sponge Bob canoe and life size My Little Pony with every purchase of 50 bitcoin or more.”

"Younger users", how cute.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

libertarians try to take the moral highroad but no one pays for it so they just use the same corrupt roads as the rest of us

that analogy broke down towards the end there but whatever

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
oh hey wb heresiarch hope your brain is fine and not hosed or something

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

oh i remember someone asking what made that simulation while i was on vacation for saying the human being word: its from a tumblr called fruitsoftheweb, i bet you could find out there

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingorc posted:

these are 12 people who purposefully aren't internet savvy. they are almost certainly in full support of the drug war

i wonder how true that is though

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I agree. though like a Club Fed type place. he's way too stupid to last anywhere with criminals
Agreed, he's not a hardened criminal like one of those drug dealers

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Welcome back, Big H. you couldn't have come at a better time.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

unpacked robinhood posted:

i wonder how true that is though

The vast majority of the public is very much not for full legalization of drugs, those that are for it are mostly young political-and-tech-savvy people, and a jury is, as always, 12 people who couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty.

To get someone to commit to jury nullification, you need a person who is not only pro-legalization, but staunchly pro-legalization to the point that he wants to say "drat the law, I'm not letting this government tyranny stand". THEN this person has to stand up against 11 other people who almost certainly think it's justified to throw a man in prison for stealing drugs SO LONG that he pulls them around to his point of view, or he hangs the jury meaning the whole thing starts over again and he basically wasted his time. The chances of a person with such an extreme point of view making it through jury selection unnoticed are incredibly low.

Jury nullification in practice is probably most useful for letting people off the hook because the person they shot was a minority, because you can easily get 4-5 racists on a jury who bully the rest of the group. This "tell these people about nullification and then they'll definitely do it!" rhetoric is absolutely insane.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Condiv posted:

i really don't get libertarian's hard on for jurors ruling without regards to the law

sure, they could rule a guilty guy innocent on purpose, but they could do the opposite as well
lol yeah juries never find innocent people guilty as it is

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Linguica posted:

lol yeah juries never find innocent people guilty as it is

they usually at least actually believe the person is guilty

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Herman Merman posted:

quote:

Robawesome posted:

4 I have
5 many friends I can count on who are powerful and connected."
what kind of person even writes poo poo like this
Well technically he did know at least one person who was connected.

To the FBI.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nullification zealots think all juries are Twelve Angry Men and not boring as gently caress slogs and nitpicks.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Midjack posted:

Nullification zealots think all juries are Twelve Angry Men and not boring as gently caress slogs and nitpicks.

I like how Jack Klugman

also, yay, Heresiarch!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

that analogy broke down towards the end there but whatever

much like libertarian philosophy!

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Nessus posted:

Welcome back, Big H. you couldn't have come at a better time.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

the yosposest journalist

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

FMguru posted:

the yosposest journalist

I would but it would involve sending it to her in bitcoin and that seems counter productive

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
free as in speech, not as in beer

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the defenses alternate theory is loving magical and I hope the transcript from today gets released too

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

FMguru posted:

the yosposest journalist

Joanna Stern has some intense competition for my favorite tech journo right now

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

FMguru posted:

i was thinking "what could possibly make this week even better on the buttcoin thread than it already is?"

and the answer turned out to be "heresiarch coming back to join us"

welcome back h

:unsmith:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

FMguru posted:

the yosposest journalist
RMS doesnt have a spare 50 does he

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

duTrieux. posted:

much like libertarian philosophy!

thanks for the save

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
http://insidebitcoins.com/news/while-mt-gox-was-burning-karpeles-was-heading-home-for-the-weekend/29106

karpeles loving owns, gently caress da haters

a modern day Nero, if you will

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

charlie shrems neckbeard has made the jump to his chest, who knows how far it will eventually go?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

FMguru posted:

the yosposest journalist
:swoon:

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

he's a huge piece of poo poo, but no man has produced more libertarian/buttcoiner tears ever so that makes him my goddamn idol in spite of that

keep trucking, tuxman

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

wild man of Bore neo

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

FMguru posted:

the yosposest journalist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

a man who simply did not care about anything.

it's him, he's the actual honey badger of money

• Locked thread