Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

quote:

Although we now know that Mark is a “weird guy”,

didn't need Charlie Shrem to figure that one out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FMguru posted:

the yosposest journalist

the one before that is good too

Sarah Jeong @sarahjeong · 2h 2 hours ago
Dratel tried to cross examine about the Linux kernel. Judge got testy. "LEAVE THE KERNEL." #SilkRoadTrial

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Heresiarch posted:

hmm things are doing a bit better right now why don't i go catch

up

on

you came back at just the right time :3

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

FCKGW posted:

the one before that is good too

Sarah Jeong @sarahjeong · 2h 2 hours ago
Dratel tried to cross examine about the Linux kernel. Judge got testy. "LEAVE THE KERNEL." #SilkRoadTrial

take the cannoli

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
dear butts please crowd fund today's testimony too love Dickeye

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FMguru posted:

the yosposest journalist

aaaaahahahahahhahaha

joanna has competition

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

gold:

Roger (to Karpeles): What time do you want me to come in [on Saturday to help]?

Mark Karpeles: No problem, we’ll deal with it on Monday.

Everyone else: You’re shut down, your customers [think] all of their money is lost, you’ve been hacked, everyone’s flipping out, people have hits out on you, and you want to go back to work on Monday?

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Nessus posted:

Welcome back, Big H. you couldn't have come at a better time.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

dpr's old roommate or college friend just testified that dpr sold Silk Road in 2011

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
how far does he have to go to get snagged on perjury

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

theflyingorc posted:

take the cannoli

exactly

ElectricMucus
Feb 9, 2013

Linguica posted:

RMS doesnt have a spare 50 does he

He might if he sold his lemote yeeloong laptop on the bitcointalk goods and services section and then use silk road to send an envelope of cash.

*Some of these options might no longer work however.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

charlie shrems neckbeard has made the jump to his chest, who knows how far it will eventually go?

i believe that's just called "chest hair"

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

dpr's old roommate or college friend just testified that dpr sold Silk Road in 2011

lol, the entire defense rests on discrediting logs the defendant wrote himself about his crimes with third party testimony by chums.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

spotted this at the bitcoin atm here today

writing something funny about it atm

ElectricMucus
Feb 9, 2013

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

lol, the entire defense rests on discrediting logs the defendant wrote himself about his crimes with third party testimony by chums.

Worth a try, isn't it?
They probably wont charge him with giving false testimony, will they?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

good thing for him that the jury doesn't do the sentencing cuz they gotta be right pissed at their time he's pissing away

at least the judge gets her paycheck either way

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tayter Swift posted:

good thing for him that the jury doesn't do the sentencing cuz they gotta be right pissed at their time he's pissing away

at least the judge gets her paycheck either way

Being on that jury is the court equivalent of receiving the Medal of Honor.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ElectricMucus posted:

Worth a try, isn't it?
They probably wont charge him with giving false testimony, will they?

he's likely testifying something like "i told him to stop doing all this dark net poo poo or else i won't talk to him anymore. then he told me I was right and that he sold it!"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

duTrieux. posted:

i believe that's just called "chest hair"

the dude is hairy and has a gross neckbeard was the joke, i am aware of the interest of chest hair though i myself am pathetically smooth like a giant man baby

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
I bet there is someone on the jury who is DYING for this trial to be over so they can finally watch The Princess Bride

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Linguica posted:

Not to go all lawyer sperg but hearsay evidence is not necessarily inadmissible, the rules provide for a whole lot of exceptions where something is OK even if it is technically hearsay

Here they specifically mention the hearsay exception for "market quotations, lists, directories, or other compilations that are generally relied on by the public or by persons in particular occupations"

oh yeah i didn't mean to comment on the law part of it

just "this is a database full of hearsay" tickled me to no end

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Takanago posted:

I bet there is someone on the jury who is DYING for this trial to be over so they can finally watch The Princess Bride

what if one of the jurors loves the film and was supposed to watch is with friends the first weekend of the trial and had to sadly call and cancel with each of them

The Dude
Nov 18, 2000
Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude.

theflyingorc posted:

what if one of the jurors loves the film and was supposed to watch is with friends the first weekend of the trial and had to sadly call and cancel with each of them

I'm wondering if Have you ever seen the Princess Bride? was a voir dire question

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

In other Bitcoin news

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

quote:

In addition to providing a comical description of Karpeles’s personality, Shrem also shared his thoughts on what he think really happened at Mt. Gox before it filed for bankruptcy. He explained, “I think he lost those coins early on. Like many years ago in the first hack.” In other words, Shrem believes Karpeles was running a fractional reserve bitcoin exchange for quite some time.

more liek fictional reserve bitcoin exchange

MGN001
May 12, 2012

Update from Sarah Jeong

quote:

Ulbricht told his friend in 2011 that he had sold Silk Road to someone else. 

In a chat log recovered from his laptop, timestamped a month later,
he allegedly tells "Variety Jones" he's erased his trail by telling two people he sold it and that they're "convinced."

Like a loving ninja.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

MGN001 posted:

In a chat log recovered from his laptop, timestamped a month later,
he allegedly tells "Variety Jones" he's erased his trail by telling two people he sold it and that they're "convinced."

...Okay, I know we've already gone down the rabbit hole with his journal. But why would you document that of all things.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Matlock Birthmark posted:

...Okay, I know we've already gone down the rabbit hole with his journal. But why would you document that of all things.

this journal is almost too perfect :tinfoil:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

That's just what the buyer would say and log and plant on his laptop, though.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
its from the chatlog not the journal

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cuz he knew he would be famous one day* and he wanted as much fluff to build a screenplay from.

*but not for the reasons he's famous recently

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Did his defense team know about that journal? Every time they throw up a hail mary it's right there going HAHA NOPE.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CapnAndy posted:

Did his defense team know about that journal? Every time they throw up a hail mary it's right there going HAHA NOPE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How can it keep getting better? i keep calling the peak, and it just keeps getting more absurd.

CapnAndy posted:

At this point, i don't think his defense team could find their rear end in a top hat with both hands and a flashlight.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

this was over pidgin with chat logs turned on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
this fuckign trial

• Locked thread