Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

poo poo on my deck why dont you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQjQLUEAsew

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I'm going to go with Beet's final suspect list and ##vote Small Keating. He was killed for something, and this is the clearest indication we have.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It is going to take me a while to figure out this clusterfuck while actually doing some work today, but while I'm doing that I'm just gonna roleclaim so you guys can think it over in the meantime. My role sucks anyway and is barely up from vanilla.

I'm Blaster the comm officer, and I'm a voyeur. At first I thought it was like watcher, but it doesn't actually show WHO arrives, only WHAT got done to the person I'm watching. So I'd know that role X showed up, but not who the hell it is. (except that it can't be the person I was watching)

I just used it on Beet both times, cause I thought he might attract some kinda action as a noted player, but I got no results either night. So what the hell happened tonight if he's in the dead list? Bus driving or something?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Bodyguard takes the bullet for an intended kill, I don't know how that works with voyeur, but it could be just beet's ability working as intended?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Well we can safely guess there are two things at play now, though who Beet took a bullet for is a mystery unless someone can find it in their comments.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Who killed Skywarp? It does not make sense for a Decepticon to kill one of their own. Perhaps they are not united with the Insecticons?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
People need to realise Beet WAS NOT the target if what Bif said is true and their death was incidental.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
All right, so initially I was thinking Splode but if him being an early voter on webmeister wasn't enough, Tirade's death certainly vindicated him. Soag started it, Coq was second, Splode third and Tommofork fourth. I think this is a good short list of folks we can trust.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Also what the gently caress happened on night one?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
It took thirteen people to kill webmeister though, so unless there were some early scum in we could probably go higher. The reason I stopped short is that early on Milky voted for webmeister (sixth) but then a short while later jumped ship and then before the end of the night started gunning for Avshalom.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Lid posted:

People need to realise Beet WAS NOT the target if what Bif said is true and their death was incidental.

Yeah that's huge. It's also possible Bif was roleblocked though?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Seagull posted:

It took thirteen people to kill webmeister though, so unless there were some early scum in we could probably go higher. The reason I stopped short is that early on Milky voted for webmeister (sixth) but then a short while later jumped ship and then before the end of the night started gunning for Avshalom.

I will admit that I was thrown off by poor Bumbleebee's naïveté.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Seagull posted:

All right, so initially I was thinking Splode but if him being an early voter on webmeister wasn't enough, Tirade's death certainly vindicated him. Soag started it, Coq was second, Splode third and Tommofork fourth. I think this is a good short list of folks we can trust.

Was considering this but we shouldn't rule out there are two conflicting scum teams especially given the night actions and scum voting scum (that they not know is scum, or possibly rolecopped) would be an easy vindicator.

##vote bell jar

Same as yesterday: white noise lurker.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Seagull posted:

Speaking of that, what was up with Gough's silly unvote after the hammer? He looked like he was just running way behind on the thread or something, but was he like trying to get it cancelled at the last second, if he thought the hammer was broken?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Speaking of that, what was up with Gough's silly unvote after the hammer? He looked like he was just running way behind on the thread or something, but was he like trying to get it cancelled at the last second, if he thought the hammer was broken?

I am unsure what I think about that due to how obvious it was, but I do agree that it is very peculiar ploy.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Seagull posted:

More like a mixed list of your scumpals and town.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

He was also a last vote for Av.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Kommando posted:

More like a mixed list of your scumpals and town.

Wow rude.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I am dumb and got up late, I've just finished gym and now have to shower before I effort post.

FYI, I have a doctor's appointment in the arvo so expect me to be gone from about 1:30 to approximately forever depending on the wait time.

Second FYI, my niece is visiting (I wasn't aware) for a couple of days, so between sometime tonight and sometime Sunday my posting might be limited during the day especially.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Re-reading all of Gough's posts there has been a lot of posting about things happening around them but literally nothing they themselves think. It's all nebulous commentary.

Day one, aside from joke phase, they voted Anidav and the only other real notable thing is this

Gough Suppressant posted:

Also I'm okay with changing my vote for anidav but as others have said multiple times across multiple threads, day 1 lynches are good and Anidav seemed a pretty easy target to actually get the numbers seeing as we need 14 to lynch and that's always going to be a struggle on day 1

This was at 1:03. They never made any significant posts after this and stopped posting entirely in the thread 20 minutes later.

All of Gough's relevant posts happened from 12:55-1:30 total. It was an absolute flurry of posts (that didn't say anything) and then a vote and silence.

Day two their posts consist entirely of one line commentaries, a one-off mention of they agree with Seagull in suspecting Splode, and questioning me a whole lot as to why I am interested in what the flavour of webmeister was. Apart from that we have the eleventh hour vote on webmeister and the unvote after.

Day three has been more commentary on mechanics and a misunderstanding of Beet being the kill target when they were not.

Gough do you have any of your own opinions here because reading this I have found nothing of substance despite your relatively good post count (though inflated as these posts happen in one line burst periods)?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I'm waiting to hear from the accused before I cast my vote.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Lid posted:

Re-reading all of Gough's posts there has been a lot of posting about things happening around them but literally nothing they themselves think. It's all nebulous commentary.

Day one, aside from joke phase, they voted Anidav and the only other real notable thing is this

This was at 1:03. They never made any significant posts after this and stopped posting entirely in the thread 20 minutes later.

All of Gough's relevant posts happened from 12:55-1:30 total. It was an absolute flurry of posts (that didn't say anything) and then a vote and silence.

Day two their posts consist entirely of one line commentaries, a one-off mention of they agree with Seagull in suspecting Splode, and questioning me a whole lot as to why I am interested in what the flavour of webmeister was. Apart from that we have the eleventh hour vote on webmeister and the unvote after.

Day three has been more commentary on mechanics and a misunderstanding of Beet being the kill target when they were not.

Gough do you have any of your own opinions here because reading this I have found nothing of substance despite your relatively good post count (though inflated as these posts happen in one line burst periods)?

Actually the one person I have originally come out as suspecting, rather than basing it on other peoples thoughts, is you, so it's unsurprising you'd be attempting to wash that away.

You asked what webmeisters robot was, he replied sunstreaker, an autobot, and that is what pushed you over the edge in voting for them with no real reason given despite attempts to follow it up.

Are you actually attempting to use the fact that I post often in single lines against me? Have you read literally any of my posts anywhere on this forum before? That itchy post finger combined with the fact that you can't edit posts in mafia to add in extra information.

As for the unvote last night, here's what happened:

I was at work, posting on phone, was writing up the post, it took longer than I thought it would due to interruptions and I didn't bother checking votefinder so I changed to Avshalom thinking we still needed another 3 or 4 to get webmeister and that Avshalom was a viable alternative with the extended deadline.

Given the choice again, I'd push for Avshalom over webmeister again in the circumstances because I'd rather vote out someone who is definitely gunshy on the idea of lynches than someone who may be a bit shady on their posting.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Actually the one person I have originally come out as suspecting, rather than basing it on other peoples thoughts, is you, so it's unsurprising you'd be attempting to wash that away.

This is not at all reflected in any of your posts and the one post of yours that mentions me has you putting me as town so... what are you talking about? You've never shown suspicion of anyone except a single mention of Splode and that was in reply to someone else.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Are you actually attempting to use the fact that I post often in single lines against me? Have you read literally any of my posts anywhere on this forum before? That itchy post finger combined with the fact that you can't edit posts in mafia to add in extra information.

But you aren't adding in any information, you haven't posted any information in this thread at all about your views or your thoughts. It's a lot of talk about how certain mechanics work and just a whole lot of external commentary.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Lid posted:

This is not at all reflected in any of your posts and the one post of yours that mentions me has you putting me as town so... what are you talking about? You've never shown suspicion of anyone except a single mention of Splode and that was in reply to someone else.

Lid posted:

The webmeister case is solid. I am staying on bell jar and Splode for now but unless webmeister appears shortly and starts making something of substance they are effectively dead. Can't say I agree with IST's argument that webby citing me was in any way solid as despite people giving me gazes none have thrown a vote down because it's pretty clear I am not scum.

Lid posted:

Sunstreaker is a sociopath.

##vote webmeister

"Sunstreaker is an Autobot from the Generation 1 continuity family."

It seems pretty weird that the role claim is what pushes you over the edge given that.

I think the case against webmeister is pretty strong personally but using an autobot role claim as a reason to confirm your vote is suspect unless you know there is another sun streaker floating around.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
You state the webmeister claim is solid, but you're sticking with belljar and splode anyway.

From everything we know, autobot names mean town players, you ask webmeister what his name is, he replies with an autobot and you attempt to use that as your justification to switch a vote.

I call you out on it.

The next day you claim I haven't called anyone out on anything.

##vote Lid

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

You state the webmeister claim is solid, but you're sticking with belljar and splode anyway.

From everything we know, autobot names mean town players, you ask webmeister what his name is, he replies with an autobot and you attempt to use that as your justification to switch a vote.

I call you out on it.

The next day you claim I haven't called anyone out on anything.

##vote Lid

OMGUS

But seriously, that's what you're referring to as a call out on me? I didn't even consider that as it was just explaining why I was asking or cared about players giving flavour. You have gotten reeeeeeeally reactionary to this, I haven't even voted for you all I was asking for was an original thought you might have had regarding the game rather than just being "around".

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Hahahaha claiming an OMGUS against a player who put shade on them a full day before :allears:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Hahahaha claiming an OMGUS against a player who put shade on them a full day before :allears:

What shade? Literally I am not seeing this shade you are referring to. The shade was that after I got a flavour claim I voted webmeister? The guy who turned out to be scum? What on earth are you talking about?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I cannot help but wonder if Lid is a Decepticon who attempted to destroy an Autobot and ended up with an Insecticon instead. The fact that he apparently decided it based off an Autobot claim - one that no one disputed at the time - is strange. The death of an Insecticon might have been just the right kind of luck.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

I cannot help but wonder if Lid is a Decepticon who attempted to destroy an Autobot and ended up with an Insecticon instead. The fact that he apparently decided it based off an Autobot claim - one that no one disputed at the time - is strange. The death of an Insecticon might have been just the right kind of luck.

Why do you keep mentioning the death of an insecticon when the death says it was a decepticon? Why do you even keep bringing up these insecticons when, even if there is an alternate group, we don't know what the group is but you seem to be sure its Insecticons and that one of them died?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Given the choice again, I'd push for Avshalom over webmeister again in the circumstances because I'd rather vote out someone who is definitely gunshy on the idea of lynches than someone who may be a bit shady on their posting.

So given the choice again, you'd vote out an Autobot over a Decepticon?

##vote Gough Suppressant

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

getting really noisy there fella.

##vote Lid

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

Why do you keep mentioning the death of an insecticon when the death says it was a decepticon? Why do you even keep bringing up these insecticons when, even if there is an alternate group, we don't know what the group is but you seem to be sure its Insecticons and that one of them died?

For much the same reason I feel confident that people can ascertain my name and role and the fact that I've been correct on another role.

Insecticons and Seekers are Decepticon subgroups. One Decepticon Seeker died last night. We have seen dead Insecticons. Insecticons are known to be antagonistic towards other Decepticons.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
There is something bothering me - why did they feel the need to kill Avshalom?

Like look at the facts that were suspect leading into the next day, they were wishy washy, and a case was emerging on them that they were scum.

So why kill them?

Theres only one logical explanation I can come up with - the scum have a rolecop and knew Avshalom was a deputy.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I generally trust Lid. He makes sensible posts and us actively scum hunting.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Plotterboy posted:

getting really noisy there fella.

##vote Lid

Who are you?

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

SKY COQ posted:

So given the choice again, you'd vote out an Autobot over a Decepticon?

##vote Gough Suppressant

This is either incredibly stupid or a pretty suspicious intentional misreading of what I said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lid posted:

There is something bothering me - why did they feel the need to kill Avshalom?

Like look at the facts that were suspect leading into the next day, they were wishy washy, and a case was emerging on them that they were scum.

So why kill them?

Theres only one logical explanation I can come up with - the scum have a rolecop and knew Avshalom was a deputy.

Then who was responsible for the death of Ironhide, who died defending someone according to Blaster?

As I said earlier this astrocycle, we are almost certainly facing more than one squad of Decepticons or we have Autobots who have taken justice into their own hands. There were three deaths last night.

• Locked thread