Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

YOURFRIEND posted:

Holy poo poo Card City Nights is on the humble bundle for 1$!!! It's basically my favorite game from last year(?). Excellent soundtrack, super fun game.
It's actually free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Okay guys, Earthbound was fantastic, one of my favorite games ever.

How hard should I be buying Citizens of Earth?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

to get it on steam you need to put in a buck. otherwise you just get a drm free copy

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Been playing The Tiny Bang Story that's on the weeklong now, I've of course owned it for ages though, thanks to Fart of Presto :steam:
Anyway it's really charming and entertaining so far, if you like hidden object games mixed with a bit of puzzles.

Page :911:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

Just beat LISA. What a loving great game.

Yep, it's pretty great. For those who haven't seen it, it's Earthbound + Mad Max, with a little bit of Achewood.

It's not really a plot point, but I will warn that this video is kind of a spoiler. It is, however, what sold me on the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LagY5MwHG2M

The game is also available DRM-free here. Probably a little cheaper for Europe, too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Leal posted:

I'm sure there is an anime where someone does this.

Also seconding that Card City Nights is pretty cute and charming.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Card City Nights is ok, and I'm sure whatever small price it's currently going for is worthwhile, but the guy couldn't script difficulty through the AI so instead he just made the enemy decks cheat ridiculously towards the end. A few of these are even fun, but the last boss is loving ridiculous. Like, I'm sure I could of beaten it, but why even bother when the game isn't playing by the same rules you are. That really soured me on an otherwise decent deckbuilder.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

So, a not-for-prophet bundle then?

:golfclap:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Awesome! posted:

this is getting kind of hosed up can we please go back to talking about huge 2d titties

you know that chicks w guns clip in jackie brown? anime that, on steam, avenging america :911:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Arnold of Soissons posted:

you know that chicks w guns clip in jackie brown? anime that, on steam, avenging america :911:

hoforce

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

What are some games with good cross-continent multiplayer?

So far I know of Sanctum 2, Risk of Rain, Europa Universalis IV, and I guess iSketch. Stuff like Team Fortress 2 isn't great because then one player has to play at 100+ latency. I'm thinking more games with super good lag compensation or where lag doesn't matter.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Heran Bago posted:

What are some games with good cross-continent multiplayer?

So far I know of Sanctum 2, Risk of Rain, Europa Universalis IV, and I guess iSketch. Stuff like Team Fortress 2 isn't great because then one player has to play at 100+ latency. I'm thinking more games with super good lag compensation or where lag doesn't matter.

Dominions 4, Endless Legend, Civilization. Basically any turn based strategy.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Frozen Synapse and just about any card game, too.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can play poo poo like arpgs fine usually

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Good suggestions. Now that I think about it, Hearthstone and card games and board games in general would work great. I was kind of hoping there'd be more stuff like Risk of Rain.

Awesome!, what do you mean by ARPG? That term always makes me think of action RPGs like Legend of Mana.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

like diablo or torchlight

a little lag isnt usually a deal breaker

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

In non anime tits news, I've just bought a Gigabyte GTX 970 from Amazon UK for £8 because of all the gift certs my family sent me instead of real presents at Christmas. Amazon really kindly also took off the £50 VAT on it as it's getting shipped to Australia. Thanks Amazon!

Now I just need all the new games to go on sale again :rms:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Awesome! posted:

like diablo or torchlight

a little lag isnt usually a deal breaker

Oh yeah. These would be fine. I've had some good times with Torchlight 2.

A little lag and sometimes medium is expected. We just don't want something where the game desyncs.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
bridge

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Ticket to Ride

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Okay guys, Earthbound was fantastic, one of my favorite games ever.

How hard should I be buying Citizens of Earth?

Eh.

CoE isn't terrible or anything but it's very clearly a 'me too' sort of game. It's fun for what it is but it isn't Earthbound.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Septerra Core is $0.69 as part of the weeklong deals.

Are there any issues with Steam version? I've read a couple of things on the Community Hub about the cut-scenes not working properly. Is it necessary to download a patch or do something else do make it run properly on Window 7?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd say get LISA if you really want a game that's as close to Earthbound as possible. CoE seems to only take the wacky bits from what I can tell, while LISA has humor and creepy poo poo throughout the game that's clearly inspired by the ending of Earthbound in a big way. It works really well - one minute I was laughing, the next cringing in horror, and it doesn't feel cheap.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
LISA is a very good game. It will make you laugh, it will make you :smith:, and it's pretty fun too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

Septerra Core is $0.69 as part of the weeklong deals.

Are there any issues with Steam version? I've read a couple of things on the Community Hub about the cut-scenes not working properly. Is it necessary to download a patch or do something else do make it run properly on Window 7?

I think there's a thread on the steam forums for it that has the file you need. You just need to obtain a file that's in the gog release and replace the steam equivalent with the gog file or something in order to get the cutscenes and stuff to work right. might not seem like a major issue at first, but iwth drat near everything being voiced it can cause problems with big cutscenes don't play so you don't know what's happening or when a cutscene plays but cuts off after a second so you don't know what the conversation was about

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Kind of surprised with the advent of greenlight and early access that there arent more games that try mimic some part of Earthbound's particular aesthetic. Are LISA and Citizens of Earth the only ones?

Also Earthbound chat interrupting anime tit chat in the steam thread was the last thing I expected.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Logan 5 posted:

Kind of surprised with the advent of greenlight and early access that there arent more games that try mimic some part of Earthbound's particular aesthetic. Are LISA and Citizens of Earth the only ones?

Also Earthbound chat interrupting anime tit chat in the steam thread was the last thing I expected.

Anodyne seemed to be kind of aiming for an Earthbound aesthetic but I found it super boring.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's also Boot Hill Heroes, but that seems to just have Earthbound's general overworld appearance rather than tone at first glance.\

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Logan 5 posted:

Undertale is very Earthboundy, is on greenlight, and reached greenlit status in like six days.
There's a demo out for it, it's very good.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=374985513

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If you want a surreal RPG, Space Funeral is great and totally free.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

If you want a surreal RPG, Space Funeral is great and totally free.

This is also a really really good game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Logan 5 posted:

Boot Hill Heroes but it's just the first part of a trilogy or something.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313470/

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Space Funeral is awesome, another great freeware jRPG in the same vein is OFF. OFF is French though, so you need a translation patch if you don't speak French.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
don't buy boot hill heroes, they did a lot of exclusive content for the playstation version even though they did a pc kickstarter and only gave pc copies to their backers. if you buy it you'll also be missing out on a fair amount of the finished game.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

corn in the bible posted:

don't buy boot hill heroes, they did a lot of exclusive content for the playstation version even though they did a pc kickstarter and only gave pc copies to their backers. if you buy it you'll also be missing out on a fair amount of the finished game.

According to their Steam forum, they're releasing all of that for free (for the first week) in about a month. Otherwise priced at $0.99.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
What a bunch of bastards.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Didn't you buy The Wasteland?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

finished the first 13 puzzles in square logic and it unlocked...787 more puzzles :stare:

Orv
May 4, 2011
You step off the plane, a man is standing there holding a sign saying Sisyphus. That man is Square Logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

For some reason I got the keys for everything except Little Big Adventure.

• Locked thread