Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Lid posted:

That is the dumbest loving argument I have ever heard.

I keep my responses simple for simple people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Seriously, you're just going OMGUS on me because I voted for you Lid.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Plotterboy posted:

I keep my responses simple for simple people.

Maybe you should try to convince everyone else who thinks you're scum that you're not scum because I am far from the only person here who thinks this and so far your defences have amounted to "I don't like Lid". But you still seem committed to shitposting in the thread so unless you change behaviour soon toodles scum.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

you dont really show up much until people start calling your name with little double hashes and a boldface type do you Plot?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

went through plotts history and he is either vague/noncommittal or targeting lid, i think lid is town, seems weird so i'm happy to keep the ploppervote

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Lid posted:

There were indeed three deaths last night, which sort of contrasts heavily with the one of night one but I digress. But who would want to kill off Avshalom? It makes no sense unless they had information on Avshalom we didn't.

Avashalom was targetted by Ironic Sex Tourist.

I nominated Avashalom in my role as watcher because I felt she was getting close to the truth and pissing some people off.

Here is who she was interested in:

rudatron (personally I think this is interesting because of his targeting me, when SK has been absent and possibly scum, and myself been at least posting a couple of times, though I do apologise for my absence)
voted Milky Moor
Named Lid
Said Harold being quiet was interesting (maybe being coached by his scum team mates)

IST is scum. He backs up Lid.

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

So I'm going to be away for lots of today

But for me, it's hugely clear that lid isn't scum despite my baiting him on d1 & d2

I have no special knowledge, but he's trying way too hard to scum hunt and gets top much hateboner

What is interesting is plopperbot's very strong assertions that he's scum, for very weak reasons and what looked a lot like bandwagoning

The other person who bandwagonned on lid, for very bad reasons, was our old mate webby

In conclusion: :itwaspoo:

##vote plotterboy

Then we have Mithranderp.

Mithranderp posted:

I think there is circumstantial evidence that actually points to IST being the real target of one of last night's attacks. IST led the charge against webmeister, had good logic, and is doing active scumhunting that seems to bear fruit (at least it did once). I think Beets might have realised that, and used his night action to protect IST from the inevitable attack on him.

I just had breakfast so I just skimmed the thread while I was eating. But for now, since IST seems to have a good nose:

##vote Plotterboy

Nope. He doesn't.

vote Ironic Sex Tourist tonight. Lid and Mithranderp, followed by BellJar.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

black_tangled posted:

I nominated Avashalom in my role as watcher because I felt she was getting close to the truth and pissing some people off.

rudatron (personally I think this is interesting because of his targeting me, when SK has been absent and possibly scum, and myself been at least posting a couple of times, though I do apologise for my absence)
voted Milky Moor
Named Lid
Said Harold being quiet was interesting (maybe being coached by his scum team mates)

Nope. He doesn't.

I will follow this vote unless a hard counter comes out soon, what autobot are you?

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

PERCEPTOR

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
That fits.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

That scum doc must be humming along now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

black_tangled posted:

If IST is scum, he singlehandedly made the whole case and started the bandwagon on webmeister, when there was no chatter around him before. That is some amazingly proactive throwing under the bus.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
##unvote

##vote ironic sex tourist

I don't see any other explanation for the death of poor Bumblebee.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Kommando posted:

you dont really show up much until people start calling your name with little double hashes and a boldface type do you Plot?

Today sure, because I was having lunch with Gough, beets, Tithin and TOML and I've only just started solidly reading the thread

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

black_tangled posted:

I haven't been quiet.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Milky Moor posted:

##unvote

I don't see any other explanation for the death of poor Bumblebee.

Okay, at this point I think EVERYBODY sounds full of poo poo. Hope the evening crew isn't too busy having a life tonight.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

IST has been pushing for Plotterboy as a deflection from him and Lid.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

black_tangled posted:

IST has been pushing for Plotterboy as a deflection from him and Lid.

I will follow you on IST but don't think me and IST have a thing going on even remotely. IST has been off my radar a long time now but they were on it and I was voting them as such (though it was early on). Like I said I'm going to follow you on this, but IST and I aren't related.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
avs specifically said she didn't think lid was scum, but that doesn't actually matter because she was deputy cop, and therefore couldn't have investigated night 1.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
A solid role claim is pretty good to go on unless someone starts specifically denying it.

##vote Ironic Sex Tourist

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Bifauxnen posted:

If IST is scum, he singlehandedly made the whole case and started the bandwagon on webmeister, when there was no chatter around him before. That is some amazingly proactive throwing under the bus.

I agree with this; however we have had situations where scum have thrown each other under the bus so that they can appear less like scum. Furthermore, I have no reason to doubt black_tangled's role claim and data. I also have something that will maybe back b_t's claim up (and in light of what they revealed it actually kinda makes sense) and will reveal it if people need more evidence. So, in light of everything:

##vote Ironic Sex Tourist.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Unless there is a hard counter soon.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

WHAT IS GOING ON I thought you guys were all pointing fingers at each other but now you're all agreeing somehow on IST who's like the only one we can see has nabbed scum in the day?!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

rudatron posted:

avs specifically said she didn't think lid was scum, but that doesn't actually matter because she was deputy cop, and therefore couldn't have investigated night 1.

You are right, I read that wrong. Apologies.

Lid was very quick to agree to vote IST who is most definitely scum so either Lid is a) scum and therefore knows that I am right, so getting IST out and being shown to be instantly behind it will provide amazing cover, or b) not scum and simply supports my vote. Risky play to throw ones own under the bus but not unheard of.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Black_tangled will die tomorrow if she has betrayed us.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
WITH THAT SAID

If black tangled is making a gambit then kill Plott next. A move this audacious could only be to save someone of real importance.

That or Black and Plott are part of one scum team and IST is part of another and its an internal war.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Bifauxnen posted:

WHAT IS GOING ON I thought you guys were all pointing fingers at each other but now you're all agreeing somehow on IST who's like the only one we can see has nabbed scum in the day?!

black_tangled (in watcher role) saw that IST visited Avs last night. Avs died.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not sure I believe your role claim b_t, but you have others backing you up. If IST flips town, you should get lynched.

##unvote

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Lid posted:

WITH THAT SAID

If black tangled is making a gambit then kill Plott next. A move this audacious could only be to save someone of real importance.

That or Black and Plott are part of one scum team and IST is part of another and its an internal war.

This is entirely possible. If we have a vig (likely) and one mafia team then it only explains two deaths last night. Unless we have two vigilantes, I guess.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

black_tangled posted:

voted Milky Moor
Named Lid

Nope. He doesn't.

when you say you 'nominated avs in your role as watcher', presumably that means you were watching her last night, right? so who killed her?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
I'm thinking IST is scum, as a quick read through the thread shows him as the only one flinging accusations at beet, trying to get a vote train happening on him, and then beet turns out to be a bodyguard (I can't really figure out if beet was killed protecting someone or not). And his whole thing against beet was that he was defending Avs, who also turned out to be town.

(aside from my day one shitvote against beet, which he still deserves for robo-sassing perth).

I mean I might change my mind later on but I'm going to throw my vote down now as I might not get a chance later on today as I am heading straight from work to an art gallery, and by the time I get home from that it'll be well and truly passed Gaspys bedtime.

[b]##vote Ironic Sex Tourist[b]

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

rudatron posted:

I'm not sure I believe your role claim b_t, but you have others backing you up. If IST flips town, you should get lynched.

##unvote

I'm pretty sure I am not going to make it through the night tbh

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Fruity Gordo posted:

when you say you 'nominated avs in your role as watcher', presumably that means you were watching her last night, right? so who killed her?

Ironic Sex Tourist targetted Avs.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Mithranderp posted:

I agree with this; however we have had situations where scum have thrown each other under the bus so that they can appear less like scum. Furthermore, I have no reason to doubt black_tangled's role claim and data. I also have something that will maybe back b_t's claim up (and in light of what they revealed it actually kinda makes sense) and will reveal it if people need more evidence. So, in light of everything:

Also my "evidence" only makes sense if I'm correct about a particular game mechanic AND IT'S SO loving HARD TO FIGURE OUT but I really don't want to roleclaim today plzthx

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

I'm new but is it possible to clarify your question via PM with Asphyxious or is that not kosher?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Not necessarily. We should still have meds and you're a good protection target as any, but that still might as well be a coin flip. But if you are watcher, and do die, then I'm not liking how this game is turning out. We'd be losing power roles way too fast.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
gently caress

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithranderp posted:

black_tangled (in watcher role) saw that IST visited Avs last night. Avs died.

Sorry, I am a dip and thought she was starting off talking about "targeting" as in making more cases rather than direct actions and my brain was still reeling while I got to the rest of the post. That makes more sense then.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

black_tangled posted:

I'm new but is it possible to clarify your question via PM with Asphyxious or is that not kosher?

I think no because it would give me information beyond what my role is supposed to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

black_tangled posted:

Ironic Sex Tourist targetted Avs.

yeah I am illiterate, sorry about that lol

gonna do an effortpost within the next hour cos I'm about to be home at my computer

• Locked thread