Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

uncleKitchener posted:

Do they have a name for this maneuver?
The Overkill?

They've been doing that spot for the last 15 years, although a lot of times there's a bit where the the last guy gets caught in the corner himself and then the other faction comes in and hits him with stuff for 45 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I thought it would've something involving train puns or queues.

It's also one of the most painful things I've seen in wrestling.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

uncleKitchener posted:

Do they have a name for this maneuver?

It's the "INSERT UNIT NAME HERE Corner Rush." Started with either Crazy Max or M2K back in the late 90s. The best current version of it, IMO, is Monster Express' because Masato Yoshino actually speeds up each time the unit does a "lap" and eventually it just turns into a running blur.

Super kudos for Cyber Kong always being able to pull it off and not be completely blown up due to him being a fat dude.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It's the "INSERT UNIT NAME HERE Corner Rush." Started with either Crazy Max or M2K back in the late 90s. The best current version of it, IMO, is Monster Express' because Masato Yoshino actually speeds up each time the unit does a "lap" and eventually it just turns into a running blur.

Super kudos for Cyber Kong always being able to pull it off and not be completely blown up due to him being a fat dude.

What are you taking about those are clearly muscles

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Illinois Smith posted:

The Overkill?

They've been doing that spot for the last 15 years, although a lot of times there's a bit where the the last guy gets caught in the corner himself and then the other faction comes in and hits him with stuff for 45 seconds.

That spot happened later in the match.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I must concur with Oatgan, I will not have you slander the good name of Cyber Kong.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There was a Toryumon 9-man trios title match from August 2001 that I'm pretty sure was the first time they ever attempted a 3 vs 3 vs 3 triple threat, and it's ridiculously fun. That corner rush spot ends up involving all 3 factions (Crazy MAX, M2K, Sekigun). It's also the first match where I can recall seeing that giant swing/dropkick combo that Cesaro/Kidd do all the time now. If anyone can find it, that match is giffable as all hell.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 20, 2015

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

There was a Toryumon 9-man trios title match from August 2001 that I'm pretty sure was the first time they ever attempted a 3 vs 3 vs 3 triple threat, and it's ridiculously fun. That corner rush spot ends up involving all 3 factions (Crazy MAX, M2K, Sekigun). It's also the first match where I can recall seeing that giant swing/dropkick combo that Cesaro/Kidd do all the time now. If anyone can find it, that match is giffable as all hell.

I've got a copy of it that I think I got from Ditch's site years ago. It's such a good match. I might try to throw some gifs up when I have time.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

This one needs WASTED at the end. It's got the slow and everything!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I've got a copy of it that I think I got from Ditch's site years ago. It's such a good match. I might try to throw some gifs up when I have time.

That'd be awesome. I think my favorite spot in the match is SUWA's dropkick that launches two guys into the corner at once (DK and DD, I think - I haven't seen that match in a long time).

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

2010 Rumble:

Lil Naitch :allears:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Possibly my favourite comedy match ever.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Possibly my favourite comedy match ever.

Best, esp when Archie is just posing for the camera in front of it, and then gets wasted into a load of chairs after.

My style is ouch

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Disco is dead and La Parka is the man who killed it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Fuckin backstabbing Darkwraiths.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Disco is dead and La Parka is the man who killed it.

La Parka is the hero we deserve, and the one we need, right now.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

The Chairman of WCW ain't putting up with that dancin' poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NXT gifs

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

When did Aiden English get whiter than Sheamus?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Some extra Raw gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

sticklefifer posted:

Has he been bathing in bleach?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown gifs

The Abkhazia Slam :allears:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That's a much safer way to do that move, I'm glad he kept it because it's such a big part of his house-of-fire comeback, but landing on his back each time was no good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

He's taking the black and white video packages to the extreme.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Di....did Bayley turn on charlotte?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Red is Dead posted:

She's gonna be a badass tweener from now on.

Or they just needed some excuse to get her into the fatal fourway.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

St Evan Echoes posted:

She's gonna be a badass tweener from now on.

Or they just needed some excuse to get her into the fatal fourway.

Excuse for fatal fourway. Plus showing that she now has ambition coupled with an understanding of occasional necessity to do....questionable things to have your quest for the title be recognised.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Nash is the best worst wrestler.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They'd actually love to 2 sweet the Miz but they let the copyright expire and the Bullet Club bought the rights. :(

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Red is Dead posted:

The way the scene was presented, it was more like she wants the belt so bad that she had to do something to get back into the title mix, and that was it.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Who is that no-selling rear end in a top hat?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Classic Fencing Posture

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Luigi Thirty posted:

2010 Rumble:

Lil Naitch :allears:

Lil Naitch selling that kick like a gunshot.

I watched this entire feud and I gotta say I still don't get the full context and the turn here, with this promo in particular.

If anyone can explain it to me, please do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

uncleKitchener posted:

I watched this entire feud and I gotta say I still don't get the full context and the turn here, with this promo in particular.

If anyone can explain it to me, please do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CzlS2uhunU

Pistol Pez was pissed because Boogie Woogie Man called him the best BLACK athlete, and Pez was like "Why am I just the best 'black' athlete? Why am I not the best athlete? Ya know what? gently caress yo ol' cracker rear end Jimmy Valiant. I'm going to cut your pony tail and whoop your rear end!"

Then he became Shaska Whatley and joined the Paul Jones Army.