Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gothmog1065 posted:

Didn't he use it on his first fight with Saitama, in which Saitama just grabbed it? Not at home to read through and check it.

nah saitama just stepped forward and tapped him in the nuts when he tried to use it on him.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I think speed of sonic is much stronger than many or most A to S ranks like garou but he has a hilarious fixation on Saitama like everyone else. For reference, genos is also extremely strong.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I wonder if we'll ever get a backstory for Speed of Sound Sonic to show where his fixation on speed developed and if he followed some kind of regime. It'd be kind of funny if he became a rather feminine male because he followed a simple workout plan religiously the same way Saitama went bald.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Speed of Sound Sonic(:lol:) is greater than S-rank in speed but lower than most of the S-ranks in everything else, at least that is my impression. I think he would be pretty powerful with the right weapons, though who knows, maybe he already is, does he ever pull out that sword of his?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I think speed of sonic is much stronger than many or most A to S ranks like garou but he has a hilarious fixation on Saitama like everyone else. For reference, genos is also extremely strong.

Yeah, Genos and Saitama are both under ranked in the Heroes Association. Genos is just closer to what he should be ranked because he's a cool cyborg who can do well on the written test.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Gyges posted:

Yeah, Genos and Saitama are both under ranked in the Heroes Association. Genos is just closer to what he should be ranked because he's a cool cyborg who can do well on the written test.

Is he under ranked, though? He went up in ranks, but that was after the scientist upgraded him, and most of the S rank people we've seen (Bang, Atomic Samurai, Yusuke Urameshi, offmodel psychic shortie) seem to be a lot more effective than Genos at actually doing things regardless of how supposedly strong he is.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hahahahaha christ I forgot about this

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Is he under ranked, though? He went up in ranks, but that was after the scientist upgraded him, and most of the S rank people we've seen (Bang, Atomic Samurai, Yusuke Urameshi, offmodel psychic shortie) seem to be a lot more effective than Genos at actually doing things regardless of how supposedly strong he is.

I am glad I am not the only one to notice Baseball Bat guy looks exactly like Yusuke!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Remember that Sonic(:lol:) without any weapons was able to fight and almost beat the dehydrated Sea King (who in turn took out an S-Rank), and was confident he could beat the full-power version with his gear.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What Sonic thinks he is capable is not a very good indication of what he is capable of. That's kind of his thing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Serious Frolicking posted:

What Sonic thinks he is capable is not a very good indication of what he is capable of. That's kind of his thing.

Point is, he's still pretty boss even if he can't do much against Saitama and Genos who are basically monsters in their own right.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I'm of the opinion that pretty much anyone Saitama's fought with that was not an outright joke by normal standards (like the bald power suit dude) is probably equivalent of an S-rank hero, if not higher (Boros, possibly Asura Rhino).

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Davinci posted:

Not gonna lie I totally did think Speed of Sound Sonic was a woman for the longest time.

I am still not convinced Speed of Sound Sonic (lol) isn't a woman.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Hahahahaha christ I forgot about this

It says a lot about the series that you can even forget about this kind of scene.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Man just wants to draw sexy ladies.

Compare mosquito lady from ONE to Murata. :v:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Sonic is beautiful and that's all that matters.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

Why is it his thing? Because he was wrong about Saitama and Genos like literally everyone else?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Why is it his thing? Because he was wrong about Saitama and Genos like literally everyone else?

Genos and Sonic seem to be evenly matched, too, so it's not like he's just some dumb prick who can run fast. Genos is goddamn near top tier of the S-ranks.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

tsob posted:

I wonder if we'll ever get a backstory for Speed of Sound Sonic to show where his fixation on speed developed and if he followed some kind of regime. It'd be kind of funny if he became a rather feminine male because he followed a simple workout plan religiously the same way Saitama went bald.

I want to see him and Light Speed Flash interact on how dumb their names sound to each other.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Genocyber posted:

I'm of the opinion that pretty much anyone Saitama's fought with that was not an outright joke by normal standards (like the bald power suit dude) is probably equivalent of an S-rank hero, if not higher (Boros, possibly Asura Rhino).

Yeah, it's funny because of Saitama's power scale, there's nothing like the normal shounen style power progression, for all we know off-brand Piccolo from the first chapter is the most powerful person Saitama's fought so far.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Even Boros' power is suspect, if you think Saitama was just humoring him.

EDIT: Though considering his whole shtick is searching the galaxy for a worthy opponent, I suppose we could infer he's stronger than all his underlings (Melzalgald, specifically).

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 24, 2015

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Bad Seafood posted:

Even Boros' power is suspect, if you think Saitama was just humoring him.

EDIT: Though considering his whole shtick is searching the galaxy for a worthy opponent, I suppose we could infer he's stronger than all his underlings (Melzalgald, specifically).

Saitama was just humoring him, though, what else were you supposed to think?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Boros even calls Saitama out on it after their fight.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That doesn't necessarily mean Boros was some galactic shitcan who just showed up to be pushed around by a bag of kittens. He gets some good hits in, Saitama just doesn't try to murder his face off the instant he shows up.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Spiderdrake posted:

That doesn't necessarily mean Boros was some galactic shitcan who just showed up to be pushed around by a bag of kittens. He gets some good hits in, Saitama just doesn't try to murder his face off the instant he shows up.

No one ever said that, that was the entire point. Boros was a poo poo-wrecker but Saitama barely even has time for his poo poo.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 24, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I've run into too many people making too much of the fact that it took Saitama more than one hit to off him.

Similiar experience with the ranking thing. Far, far too many people trying to make sense of how a dude with a flamethrower tucked up his sleeve beats out an esper who can create blizzards with a mere thought when it's obviously supposed to be a joke because the whole hero association is incompetent.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I also just love how this series scorns dramatic tension and fucks with its own all the time :mmmhmm:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The real question is if Saitama could throw a punch so powerful that it knocks him off of his feet.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The real question is if Saitama could throw a punch so powerful that it knocks him off of his feet.

It's completely possible to knock Saitama off his feet. Fubuki did it a lot in this fight. The catch is that you won't actually be hurting him.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Pewdiepie posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not proud of myself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

It's completely possible to knock Saitama off his feet. Fubuki did it a lot in this fight. The catch is that you won't actually be hurting him.

Well yeah. Physic powers are kinda hard to resist. I'm asking if Saitama can throw a punch strong enough that he's blown off his feet/ knocked over by the force of it circling around the globe.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I think the only way to defeat Saitama is to get him to punch his own lights out.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Maybe get Saitama to starve.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Well yeah. Physic powers are kinda hard to resist. I'm asking if Saitama can throw a punch strong enough that he's blown off his feet/ knocked over by the force of it circling around the globe.

Given that we know it's (relatively) easy to knock Saitama over, and that his powers can have global effects if he goes all-out, that one's probably a pretty easy 'yes'.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

No one ever said that, that was the entire point. Boros was a poo poo-wrecker but Saitama barely even has time for his poo poo.

What has Saitama experienced that he can no sell all this absurd stuff?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
a mind controller would be itneresting

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Lamebot posted:

Remember when the planet's anger manifested itself to destroy all humanity for its crimes? How a single entity with the power to wipe man's hubris away appeared, forcing mankind to unite its efforts or have its cities swept away like sand castles before a vast and uncaring ocean?

Yeah, that was chapter one.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Lamebot posted:

100 situps
100 pushups
10 km running

Daily!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Boros was the only non-human to take more than one punch and survive, Saitama even comments on how incredible that is and that he is really powerful.

Of course no one saw the actual battle so it's irrelevant to him getting a job promotion :v:.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Remember when the planet's anger manifested itself to destroy all humanity for its crimes? How a single entity with the power to wipe man's hubris away appeared, forcing mankind to unite its efforts or have its cities swept away like sand castles before a vast and uncaring ocean?

Yea, exactly. I think most of the creatures Saitama fights early on (especially Asura Rhino) are way above the average S-Rank. The storytelling is good because there's a tension buildup in the story as a whole, but only because we start to see the point-of-view of other characters - we see mostly Saitama early on and he's just walking around casually one-punching things to death.

Of course the entire joke is that Saitama's "power level" doesn't matter, and it's incredible how someone can write a story around that premise without getting boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mystic Mongol posted:

I wonder what the planet must think now.

"Well, poo poo." kinda sums it up I guess