Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

CapnAndy posted:

he probably said GUI though

I need to explain something to you. you're going to want to sit down for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Boxturret posted:

oh it's the gear obvs why would right clicking on it work that would be silly

fuckin' weird seeing my friends itt

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cocoa Crispies posted:

fuckin' weird seeing my friends itt

satoshi is a friend to all

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im the two guys looking at an off-camera drone

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

:swoon:

Where does this magic come from?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Heresiarch posted:

aahhahaa holy poo poo

yeah, catching up was a bit of a ride because it just kept getting more and more absurd

wb

bub
Apr 9, 2001
ffffffffffff
did anyone post this pdf full of laughs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi6yc7jblr1t5vh/253456456-Silk-Road-exhibits-GX-241.pdf

quote:

03/28/2013

being blackmailed with user info. talking with large distributor (hell's angels).

03/29/2013

commissioned hit on blackmailer with angels

04/01/2013

got word that blackmailer was excuted

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Come on. "comissioned hit" could mean anything. That doesn't suggest murder for hire.

quote:

04/08/2013
sent payment to angels for hit on tony76 and his 3 associates

Is this the case where the "3 associates" were the guy's wife and 2 children?

Powershift fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 23, 2015

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

AlbieQuirky posted:

:swoon:

Where does this magic come from?

http://welcometobusinesstown.tumblr.com/post/108056589391

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Powershift posted:

Is this the case where the "3 associates" were the guy's wife and 2 children?

probably not because i think there were 6 potential victims total

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

thanks for this

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Always brown pants when the five O comin

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Jesus, he was hemorrhaging money.

quote:

04/21 - 04/30/2013
market and forums under sever DoS attack. Gave 10k btc [~$1.4M] ransom but attack continued.

05/02/2013
Attack continues. No word from attacker.

05/04/2013
attacker agreed to stop if I give him the first $100k of revenue and $50k per week thereafter. He stopped, but there appears to be another DoS attack still persisting.

05/07/2013
paid $100k to attacker

05/22/2013
paid the attacker $50k

05/29/2013
paid attacker $50k weekly ransom
$2M was stolen from my mtgox account by DEA

06/02/2013
loaning $500k to r&w to start vending on SR

06/05/2013 - 09/11/2013
r&w flaked out and disappeared with my 1/2 mil.

09/19 - 09/25/2013
red got in a jam and needed $500k to get out. ultimately he convinced me to give it to him, but I got his ID first and had cimon send harry, his new soldier of fortune, to vancouver to get $800k in cash to cover it. red has been mainly out of communication, but i haven't lost hope.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Phlag posted:

holy hell, whats the point being a crypto drug baron if 99% of your revenue disappears to blackmailers and outright thefts?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the dea stole his drug money

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
that tedx one is the best

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Phlag posted:

Okay hacker you've taught me a very valuable lesson you can stop now. If you don't cease your childish actions I will be forced to take drastic measures by paying you less and less every week. The ball is in your court rear end in a top hat

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Erenthal posted:

holy hell, whats the point being a crypto drug baron if 99% of your revenue disappears to blackmailers and outright thefts?

that's when you start wackin' people

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Phlag posted:

red got in a jam and needed $500k to get out. ultimately he convinced me to give it to him, but I got his ID first and had cimon send harry, his new soldier of fortune, to vancouver to get $800k in cash to cover it. red has been mainly out of communication, but i haven't lost hope.

lmao at this, like every single of his contacts was either a fed or scamming him in some way

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dr. Honked posted:

that's when you start wackin' people

seriously just tracerT them and put the hits in the blockchain and wait for the sweet sweet confirmations

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

didn't they literally do the breaking bad pigs-brain-on-the-floor thing to him at one point?

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

quote:

04/21 - 04/30/2013
market and forums under sever DoS attack. Gave 10k btc ransom but attack continued. Gave smed server access.
Switched to nginx on web/db server, added nginx reverse proxy running tor hs. reconfiged everything and eventually
was able to absorb attack.

05/02/2013
Attack continues. No word from attacker. Site is open, but occasionally tor crashes and has to be restarted.

05/04/2013
attacker agreed to stop if I give him the first $100k of revenue and $50k per week thereafter. He stopped, but there
appears to be another DoS attack still persisting.

05/07/2013
paid $100k to attacker

05/29/2013
rewrote orders page
paid attacker $50k weekly ransom
$2M was stolen from my mtgox account by DEA
Criminal mastermind.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

just caught up on the thread, glad to see heresiarch has returned :3: hi friend and welcome back to the pinnacle of happenings

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sweevo posted:

didn't they literally do the breaking bad pigs-brain-on-the-floor thing to him at one point?

yeah theres supposed to have been a staged picture that they sent to him as proof of one of the hits

thats gotta get into the evidence right? i wanna see it

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Snapchat A Titty posted:

thats gotta get into the evidence right? i wanna see it

based on everything else he recorded in meticulous detail it's probably on his hard drive as C:\Users\Ross\Dread Pirate Roberts\Silk Road Stuff\Killing 1 of 6\Confirmed.jpg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

murderchain/local copy/

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Sweevo posted:

based on everything else he recorded in meticulous detail it's probably on his hard drive as C:\Users\Ross\Dread Pirate Roberts\Silk Road Stuff\Killing 1 of 6\Confirmed.jpg

you're giving him too much credit. he uses ubuntu

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Sweevo posted:

Fool didn't wait for 6 confirmations

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Phlag posted:

too "smart" to do gruntwork for honest money

too dumb to cut and run

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lmao at this, like every single of his contacts was either a fed or scamming him in some way
redandwhite is probably the same person as friendlychemist, tony76, and lucydrop, who appears to have made millions of dollars scamming dpr and silk road users

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

while a failure of the free market to endorse bitcoin is my favorite bitcoin death scenario, i also really would like to see bitcoin die through its network's infrastructure slowly getting bought out by banks, until it becomes a lovely alternative to ach that nobody uses.

see recent coinbase investors, and a mysterious bank partnering with the winklevoss exchange. also the fact you can't easily get bitcoins without a bank transfer of some kind, unless you use a bitcoin atm that requires even more personal info, or localbitcoin.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

I want to see emergency.

Oh, and all docs ods ? Shoot, even with libre office, I still save xls , only diehard linux zealots use ods format.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

only diehard linux zealots use linux

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

theultimo posted:

I want to see emergency.

Oh, and all docs ods ? Shoot, even with libre office, I still save xls , only diehard linux zealots use ods format.

[ASK] me about trying to unfuck my university's free health clinic where all the patient records were stored in an enormous .ods libre office file on a Ubuntu laptop

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

TVarmy posted:

while a failure of the free market to endorse bitcoin is my favorite bitcoin death scenario, i also really would like to see bitcoin die through its network's infrastructure slowly getting bought out by banks, until it becomes a lovely alternative to ach that nobody uses.

see recent coinbase investors, and a mysterious bank partnering with the winklevoss exchange. also the fact you can't easily get bitcoins without a bank transfer of some kind, unless you use a bitcoin atm that requires even more personal info, or localbitcoin.

imo the prime bitcoin death scenario would be all the coins sitting in dead wallets

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Cantorsdust posted:

[ASK] me about trying to unfuck my university's free health clinic where all the patient records were stored in an enormous .ods libre office file on a Ubuntu laptop

at least when you finally stroke out there will be a doctor close by

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

im a fucking monster

i'm still hodling out for a critical flaw in the protocol and somebody just stealing all the bitcoins one day

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Cantorsdust posted:

what was it like trying to unfuck your university's free health clinic where all the patient records were stored in an enormous .ods libre office file on a Ubuntu laptop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread