Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Woolite sucks, emptyquote if you agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Get Baron, fight and die. Gambit doing a good job of keeping expectations reasonable.

Transient People posted:

Shoulda believed.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 23, 2015

hwordhan
Sep 27, 2012

Ask me about the taste of a video game character's breast milk!

Transient People posted:

Well Graves is kinda tanky isn't he :downs:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Hypocrisy posted:

Get Baron, fight and die. Gambit doing a good job of keeping expectations reasonable.

Shoulda believed.

hwordhan posted:

Well Graves is kinda tanky isn't he :downs:

Naw, I think Imma stick to my guns here, thanks. :v:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Transient People posted:

Brb getting the fedora gif lovechop sent me

E:

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 23, 2015

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Transient People posted:

And on a more current note, goddamn Vander. He's on fire after that shitshow yesterday! Guess Roccat is less of a fraud than Gambit.

Well, beyond the first few minutes of the game, Vander looked like the weakest link in Roccat's team and potentiallyone the weakest player in the game. If he hadn't died to so many faceheck R could be much farther ahead in this game.

E: The save on AZir was nice, though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Transient People posted:

Naw, I think Imma stick to my guns here, thanks. :v:

Did you not see Woolite's expert bait to get Roccat Baron?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Well, beyond the first few minutes of the game, Vander looked like the weakest link in Roccat's team and potentiallyone the weakest player in the game. If he hadn't died to so many faceheck R could be much farther ahead in this game.

E: The save on AZir was nice, though.

Eh, he's died as much as Edward but has more kill contribution. NiQ is the weakest link of both teams IMO. He's done absolutely nothing all game.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Aaand, the Polish boys manage to score a win off the back of Overpow's Azir and Jankos's Lee. Good job, Roccat. I'm kinda worried about the future games, though, because the rest of the lanes look rather weak. They replaced the wrong half of their bot lane, imo. Gambit, on the other hand, continues to play like wet poo poo.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Alright, time for a stomp of colossal proportions. Let's see nuFnatic smoke some weaklings.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Hypocrisy posted:

Was nukeduck as meh yesterday as he's been today?

He's racist Samson, his power is sapped by not being able to call his opponents jews

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Sjokz is really good on the analyst desk, she's like one of the few people on the broadcast who can put together a coherent sentence on a consistent basis.

Also, Yellowstar kind of owns and I'm glad to see that he got to put his own team together.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
"Ryu has some history with Zed"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Edit: NM

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 23, 2015

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ryu PTSD incoming

Also, Rango vs Olaf. This should be an interesting jungle phase.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I don't understand the Olaf pick at all but hey whatevs.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Someone should tell Riot that they're streaming a solo queue game.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That was an amazingly bad play from H2K.

Reminds me a bit of Gambit last game.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

Olaf seems to be right below the top tier of junglers right now as far as many competitive junglers are concerned. I played a game of him last night. He seems really strong in the new jungle especially how he increases in strength getting taken low in the early parts of the new jungle.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Sexpansion posted:

Olaf's quietly one of the more powerful junglers recently - I tend to follow what pro players are doing since it's the role I play the most, and they've been using him to counter some of the more CC-heavy team comps that can result when you have something like Annie support + Kalista + Lissandra top on the opposing team.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not gonna lie I poo poo talked this FNC line up (admittedly knowing gently caress all about them, but that's probably why) and they're impressing me.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Yeah, new fnatic are doing really well.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Not gonna lie I poo poo talked this FNC line up (admittedly knowing gently caress all about them, but that's probably why) and they're impressing me.

I came to post the same thing, i have no idea who their ADC is but he's low-key good from what I've seen so far. Really impressed with Huni's ults this game.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

:agreed:

Fnatic is doing work. Legit work. I want to see them face Giants or SK before I start really praising them (because they've trashed two completely disorganized teams so far), but they look good. Looks like the old soccer adage of 'if you want to raise a cup raise the boys' applies to LoL as well. Some new blood was just what the scene needed.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This is a dismemberment.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Oh cool. so now Olaf/Zed is going to be big in solo queue.

I'm not playing ADC for a while.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Crazy Larry posted:

Oh cool. so now Olaf/Zed is going to be big in solo queue.

I'm not playing ADC for a while.

When has Zed not been big in solo queue?

Furthermore, when has ADC ever been fun to play in solo queue?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
piratechnic or whoever is pretty good, i approve

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Libertine posted:

When has Zed not been big in solo queue?

Having two people on the other team who dive you with impunity is a lot worse then one.

I may have been trying to be just a teeny bit hyperbolic.

Mashed Potato
Aug 29, 2008
Add me to the list of people who underrated the new fnatic lineup. I didn't think picking up Rekkles would make Elements stomp everyone but I never thought they would lose that hard.

Another thing that surprised me was Reignover's English. It seems really good. Did anyone else notice he seems to speak with a bit of a French accent though?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I had zero, absolutely zero expectations for FNatic. I figured they'd flat flat on their faces because they created a whole team around an above average support player. This FNatic looks better than the old one. Hooooly poo poo. Their players are all so good, and they found these Koreans from solo queue.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Already dropped Gambit for Fnatic in fantasy. Sorry to my guys. New Franco-Korean supremacy.

Time for the battle we've been waiting all day for.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Seeing the highlights of the game made me feel disappointed that Febiven didn't use the SKT skin for Zed to troll Ryu.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

Already dropped Gambit for Fnatic in fantasy. Sorry to my guys. New Franco-Korean supremacy.

Time for the battle we've been waiting all day for.

Same. Trying to decide who to drop Diamond for. Tempted to pick up Fr3deric or Impaler because my draft's jungle talent pool is weak, but I'm for sure not keeping anybody from Gambit when next week they're getting fed to the wolves of SK (!) and Fnatic (!!!).

EDIT: Also wtf League of My$tery, how did Yellowstar slip by like this? YOINKED! So long Vander, see ya never!

Transient People fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 23, 2015

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

gently caress you LCS I was learning how to play Cass again. I wanna be a special snowflake.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

They didn't ban Syndra again...

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
gently caress yeah UoL time

time for something unexpected

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
UoL bans Irelia against Wickd, confirms themselves as having the best pick/ban phase in europe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
...for example a jungle aatrox

also a top azir

• Locked thread