Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

xzzy posted:

The one near me says they get shipments twice a week. As for their contents, who knows.

There are indeed two shipments a week. One is just sets while the other is usually smaller and consists of some sets, non-set products (keychains, clocks, etc) and store supplies (PAB cups, BAM containers, etc.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Why would anyone want multiple hotdog guys when you can get more space marines or Egyptian warriors?

Also, brickset / technicbricks has info on the summer technic sets and its going to get very expensive. I've wanted a large crawler crane for ages and if the trucks B model is good I might end up getting two of those, especially since it comes with new pneumatic cylinders.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Doomy posted:

Where do you even find bootleg figures?

My sister is in a Facebook group that "buys toys in bulk" she got a crap ton of Thomas trains for like $1-2 a piece. They were about the quality of the free trains you get with DVD's. So I wasn't that suspicious. She sent me a bunch of pictures of minifigures, and said each set of 5-6 is $3.80. They looked legit so I told her I'd take 1 of each set(except the friends ones, and 2 of the ninja turtles of course). But that's not to say they didn't take pictures of legit sets and are going to send junk. The pictures have a moon language watermark.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ika posted:

Why would anyone want multiple hotdog guys when you can get more space marines or Egyptian warriors?

To resell later to all the people that can't find them because they've all been taken.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Chris Knight posted:

To resell later to all the people that can't find them because they've all been taken.

You're triggering our collective memories of the Mr. Gold wave here :smithicide:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FadingChord posted:

You're triggering our collective memories of the Mr. Gold wave here :smithicide:

Or basically any lego set in the last five years that comes with even the faintest hint of a limited availability.

That poo poo is gonna get bought by the dozen and slapped up on ebay for twice the sticker price.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Chris Knight posted:

This. As soon as hot dog guy was announced and looked so easy to smoosh, I knew that thing was going to be gone EVERYWHERE quickly, then up for like 10bux+ each on ebay.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
All I know is a friend is on the prowl for the both of us and went through 11 boxes on the weekend and didn't find a single Hot Dog Guy, and only 1 Unicorn.

Then went back last night to the same WalMart and all the boxes were gone. :tinfoil:

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

I got the unicorn and two space marines when I went looking, but no hotdog guy. I have zero patience to go looking for more again so I just brick linked him for $8.

It's me, I'm the slob driving up minifig prices.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I haven't seen a drat double decker couch yet.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was squishing bags at target today feeling a little self conscious about my jorts and a dad and his son came into the aisle. They were looking at the star wars sets together and the way the dad was talking I could tell he was a bit of an AFOL too. We ended up helping each other find the minifigs we wanted. :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
When I go into a shop at lunchtime at work and feel the minifig bags, am I supposed to be wearing jorts underneath my work trousers? I don't even own jorts. :ohdear:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you don't own a pair of jorts, a pair of men in dark suits with a red brick for a lapel pin will show up at your house and take your VIP card and any minifigs on the premises.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dogen posted:

I got the last one at my local Toys R Us and it was stuffed in behind some other sets, sorry whoever tried to hide that!

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
Just found out about the pirates sets due in march. :getin:

For the Britgoons: The Lego shop in Glasgow has a cupboard behind the counter where they have the minifigs separated by type while still bagged up. Sold out of hotdog guy, unicorn girl and King, of course.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Chris Knight posted:

But isn't he one of the figures that each box has a lot of? Cornering the market and keeping prices up sounds difficult.

I'm not sure whether the store I found S13 earlier this week at had a fairly new box or had crammed two boxes into one, the box was missing a handful of figures, but still had a bunch of hotdog guys (And evil wizards which are just as distinctive)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Dogen posted:

My TRU just got stocked with about 6 of them just yesterday. And it wasn't overpriced either!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I was a bit uncertain when they said you couldn't fit the gang in but that looks adorable.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
This year is looking brutal for my wallet. The scooby doo sets, the pirates theme, the divers theme, the new Star Wars sets, and the space theme.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Perfect sandwich

VaultAggie posted:

This year is looking brutal for my wallet. The scooby doo sets, the pirates theme, the divers theme, the new Star Wars sets, and the space theme.
I only have to worry about a few Lego sets, but I also have to worry about these fuckers:

And Defensor and at least two more combiners are confirmed, and there's also a Titan-Class(two feet tall) combining Devastator coming... My wallet is crying...in suffering or joy, I do not yet know

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 23, 2015

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Dogen posted:

I have an awesome Lego store story regarding the double decker couch. So last time I went they told me they had one, but it was on hold. So I said I'd grab it next time. Well, today the Lego store manager called me and said the person the couch was on hold for never came in, and he'd hold it for me until close. Ran right down and grabbed it. I love the Lego store employees, they're always legitimately excited about Legos and we were discussing the Scooby-Doo sets today. I always have a great experience there and they treat my son like gold (they've offered him free minifigures, but I always decline, don't wanna get them in trouble) but Peabody, Mass store is where I go if anyone is local to that, can't recommend them enough!

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

That and the Mystery Mansion both look awesome, August is going to be expensive for me.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

I went to the Bellevue store and ended up walking out with my first two modulars, the detective office and the palace cinema, even better they offered me +500 vip points for taking a palace cinema that had the box open during shipping. Very excited for these two.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Factory posted:

I went to the Bellevue store and ended up walking out with my first two modulars, the detective office and the palace cinema, even better they offered me +500 vip points for taking a palace cinema that had the box open during shipping. Very excited for these two.

Welcome to a dark road. We started with one grand emporium, now our Lego block is like worth $1000.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Perfect sandwich

I only have to worry about a few Lego sets, but I also have to worry about these fuckers:

And Defensor and at least two more combiners are confirmed, and there's also a Titan-Class(two feet tall) combining Devastator coming... My wallet is crying...in suffering or joy, I do not yet know

You and me both, I just completed Superion and I'm beyond excited for the rest of the CW toys.

The mystery machine van looks great and will be another iconic vehicle to add next to my VW Bus, Mini Cooper and the Ecto Mobile.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Factory posted:

I went to the Bellevue store ...

Every loving time I read that as "Belville".

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Rumor has it Series 14 is monster themed series. Would seem like Lego is going full on Scooby Doo mode if these are true.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

DrChud posted:

Rumor has it Series 14 is monster themed series. Would seem like Lego is going full on Scooby Doo mode if these are true.

What, no claws for the werewolf?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

DrChud posted:

Tall head on the mad scientist is outstanding.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Cloks posted:

What, no claws for the werewolf?

This is an apparent leak from the factory floor so I'd not be surprised if these figures are unfinished or missing accessories in some cases.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The baseplates they are on look very cool, will they deviate from the "black 3 *4 plate" for this one?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

mitochondritom posted:

The baseplates they are on look very cool, will they deviate from the "black 3 *4 plate" for this one?

Those're baseplates from the pink Juniors sets.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

So, I just won this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251806484943?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This has got to be a scam or something right?

I mean, I'm protected through ebay... but this guy just listed a couple things for $90 that are incredibly rare.

I didn't really look at his other auctions until after I won, just because I so frantically bought it.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Factory posted:

So, I just won this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251806484943?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This has got to be a scam or something right?

I mean, I'm protected through ebay... but this guy just listed a couple things for $90 that are incredibly rare.

I didn't really look at his other auctions until after I won, just because I so frantically bought it.

Maybe he robbed someone at brickpoint.

He also has a 0.0% feedback with 19 transactions. I would read that as all negative, right?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah my guess would be thief, although I don't know that listing older sets is common practice for them?

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

His feedback profile says he has 2 negative reviews both saying his is a scammer and both were for large lego sets. I wouldn't send him any money if I were you.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

mitochondritom posted:

His feedback profile says he has 2 negative reviews both saying his is a scammer and both were for large lego sets. I wouldn't send him any money if I were you.

it was buy it now, so it's too late. Now I get to go through the arduous process of getting my money back from ebay/paypal.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Factory posted:

it was buy it now, so it's too late. Now I get to go through the arduous process of getting my money back from ebay/paypal.

Shouldn't be too arduous, buyers are in a great position when they get scammed.

Found more of the current minifigure series, felt about 100 bags and couldn't find a unicorn or a hot dog. I already have one hot dog, but the unicorn is the last one I need to have a complete series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

shymog posted:

Shouldn't be too arduous, buyers are in a great position when they get scammed.

Found more of the current minifigure series, felt about 100 bags and couldn't find a unicorn or a hot dog. I already have one hot dog, but the unicorn is the last one I need to have a complete series.

I'm going to be going past the Lego store tomorrow, I'll see if I can grab you one, the guy who works there usually separates them by character for people who ask. I can ship anywhere in North America if you're interested