Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
144. Because there are four of you, multiplied by the three major protagonists (counting the donkey), and you square them. Q.E.D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
250 deaths.

Because I believe in you :v:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

The Step of Ormazd itself works like this...
If there's any place where Prince of Persia really failed, it's these things. There's only 4 powers, half of which mildly interesting and the other half are just "push the button when we tell you".

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, my death count guess is looking really optimistic now. Still sticking with it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Man, my death count guess is looking really optimistic now. Still sticking with it.

:ssh:You're hosed.:ssh:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
let's make it official:

• Ignatius M. Meen - 1001
  • Nidoking - 500
  • Trizophenie - 450
  • Aumanor - 333
  • Accursed Walrus - 300
  • Captain Bravo - 250
  • Rigged Death Trap - 231
  • Gimbal lock - 215
  • chiasaur11 - 200
  • Nihilarian - 197
  • Onmi - 157
  • Delta Green - 152
  • liquidypoo - 147
  • Senerio - 144
  • Ghostwoods - 123
  • ZeeToo - 112
  • Agean90 - 108
  • Shinjobi - 103
  • AradoBalanga - 102
  • Major_JF - 101
  • Mraagvpeine - 99
  • Iron Chitlin - 88
  • Waffleman_ - 81
  • Bruceski - 76
  • Mehuyael - 0

In the event two bets are equally close, we're gonna play by Price Is Right rules and award it to the lower of the two. Speaking of which, no bet number will be accepted more than once. Got a number you feel is lucky? Better claim it. If I missed your bet, let me know and I'll add it to the official-looking list.

Sally fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 24, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
ASK NOT FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS, IT TOLLS FOR THEE

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Might as well throw in 197 deaths.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

200 even.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
That first real Ruined Citadel zone ("bubble", actually -- we'd call the zones bubbles and areas in between them sticks), it's etched in my brain. The thing is though, I don't remember why it's notable. Maybe it's because the wall grabbies made the area way too painful to play compared to most of the rest of the game, but I might straight up be misremembering the rest. It might be because it was one of the first areas that was made and we worked on it for way longer than most of the other areas; I think it was part of the E3 demo. It might also have to do with spending an abnormal amount of time in that bubble since it was really bug prone and complicated. I guess only the rest of the LP will be able to tell. Assuming that it's #2, I'm going to go with 215 deaths.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
99 deaths. No real reason.

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
300 even.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
157. I feel that Nine might be more competent than me at this game... but that his mental faculties DID just go through WKC.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!
88 deaths I like to believe in miracles!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Those of you guessing below 100 remember: neither Artix nor myself are playing the game. This is all crow.

(i think igatius m meen has chosen the safest bet of all!)

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
A nice, round 175.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
101 just for the sake of cosmic irony.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
97 He will do it just barely.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Gonna go with a nice, round 130 deaths.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

OmanyteJackson posted:

101 just for the sake of cosmic irony.

Major_JF has already claimed 101.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
333 Deaths

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.
Let's go with 450 deaths.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
For the sake of roundness in the universe, 500.

Also, aren't the wall grabbies a direct result of your first encounter with one of the bosses? I think if you leave that boss until later, they won't appear in the early levels, although I'm probably going to turn out to be wrong about that because this section would be far too easy without them.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
123 deaths feels good.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

231 deaths.
I just closed my eyes and wrote that.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Nidoking posted:

For the sake of roundness in the universe, 500.

Also, aren't the wall grabbies a direct result of your first encounter with one of the bosses? I think if you leave that boss until later, they won't appear in the early levels, although I'm probably going to turn out to be wrong about that because this section would be far too easy without them.

Kinda. From what I remember, each area introduces a new obstacle, and they will appear in all other areas from that point on. Crow played the Hunters area first, so he gets the wallgrabblies. Had he chosen a different area as first, there would have been no grabblies but something else. Instead, every place from now on has grabblies from the beginning while introducing their own obstacle in turn.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
This looks like a 112 death game.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012
Counting the number of areas left...

I'd say about 152 deaths. Because for some reason 52 is the number I default to when asked for a number.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I guess 0 deaths, because technically Nolan North never dies (Elika always saves him).

I know nobody likes technicalities which means I lose, but hey, I actually like my avatar.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

147 deaths.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

108 deaths of destiny

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Aumanor posted:

333 Deaths

Whenever I see that number "Carnage Rules" starts playing in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPLlfjH_OUU

Mehuyael posted:

I guess 0 deaths, because technically Nolan North never dies (Elika always saves him).

I know nobody likes technicalities which means I lose, but hey, I actually like my avatar.

Booo! A technical guess!? Well, I'll add you to the board for sake of it, I suppose.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That's a hell of a spread. Now I don't know what do; play conservatively and actually try for the achievement, or just go hog wild and see how many KIAs and I rack up between now and the end of Epilogue...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This is nine gear crow plays darts isn't it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I've added the death game to the OP and also included my own rule amendments.

Good luck everyone!

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
We're not out of the range where 0 could be the best answer yet, are we? I thought the death counter was at 19 in the last video, and the next lowest guess so far is 76. That means 0 is the closest until we hit 38, so we're halfway there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, if we're playing by The Prince is Right rules, they don't let you bid 0 on anything, so the next viable* bet would in fact be 1 until we either cross the 76 death threshold or someone puts up a number between 1 and 76. :eng101:

*Viable in theory, at least. The actual next viable bet is 20.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 24, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Can't help but notice the list is missing mine some guesses. Anyway, finding out about the stepQTEthingy was pretty much where I gave up on this game - if the abilities all look like that, there's really nothing to look forward to. That being said, I'm really glad someone is LPing this so I can totally confirm my suspicion it doesn't get better.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 24, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

Can't help but notice the list is missing mine some guesses. Anyway, finding out about the stepQTEthingy was pretty much where I gave up on this game - if the abilities all look like that, there's really nothing to look forward to.

It's in the OP now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

nine-gear crow posted:

I've added the death game to the OP and also included my own rule amendments.

Good luck everyone!

You missed me. :mad:

Air is lava! posted:

97 He will do it just barely.

• Locked thread