Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Asema posted:

Reddit just had a thread on this and here is the list those shitlords put together:
Reddit is wrong because a lot of those skins are used constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Just switched back on and why does Phreak look like a villain from 16th century Spain

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Still better than the chinstrap.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I was going to say that Winterfox for sure had the lock on best LCS team logo in NA this split, but then I forgot about this late entry in the final game of the day.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
lustboy learning english has made me realize he is really funny and the coolest person in NA LCS right now

wat a loving troll

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
That Sion cheese :pwn: is that... normal?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Allyn posted:

That Sion cheese :pwn: is that... normal?

its been a thing since the rework, its pretty cool

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Does Team 8 have some kind of secret weapon or something? They look to be totally outclassed here.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

CommaToes posted:

Does Team 8 have some kind of secret weapon or something? They look to be totally outclassed here.

They are the xbox one, no secret sauce. You're looking at the 10th or 9th place LCS team. CLG is like a middle of the pack team that could be a top 4 type team if they cure themselves of clg disease

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Team 8 is the 8th place team. Obviously. Several NA teams are going to complete implode and finish 9th and 10th.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

Team 8 is the 8th place team. Obviously. Several NA teams are going to complete implode and finish 9th and 10th.

Is this the most competitive bottom 3 in LCS history? I feel like theres a good 3-5 teams that will be fighting fiercely to finish as the worst team in LCS.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That Rek'Sai mobility is loving ridiculous. No wonder I hate seeing it in soloque so much.

Edit: That loving Sion ult.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Please maplestreet, reenter the LCS by beating CLG again.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

RIP the dream.

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011
Losing a 4v5 and missing member being the AD carry.

drat.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerkface posted:

lustboy learning english has made me realize he is really funny and the coolest person in NA LCS right now

wat a loving troll
Lots of Korean players have a ton of charisma, you just never get to see it since they look like deer frozen in headlights when they're NA. There's a lot more players like MakNoon or Lustboy who just love to troll people. Imp and KaKao both had outstanding personalities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r6Pw7QJfuM

Allaniis posted:

Losing a 4v5 and missing member being the AD carry.

drat.
This sounds like a CLG thing without even having watched the game

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
That was the first game I've been impressed by Benny in a long, long time. If he can play like that consistently than he may be an even better option than Zion.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flameingblack posted:

Lots of Korean players have a ton of charisma, you just never get to see it since they look like deer frozen in headlights when they're NA. There's a lot more players like MakNoon or Lustboy who just love to troll people. Imp and KaKao both had outstanding personalities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dq-hR7NzNA

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

My favorite KaKao moment is from Korean All-Stars where he was picked last, being passed over by his own coach "Because if anyone wouldn't be phased by being unwanted it's KaKao"

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

CLG was the 4 and they won the teamfight because their comp was so stupidly broken they don't even need doublelift.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Admoon posted:

CLG was the 4 and they won the teamfight because their comp was so stupidly broken they don't even need doublelift.

Did they pull off the Gnarvan?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Did they pull off the Gnarvan?

Gnar teleported in and got a 4-man ult, also they were up 10k gold.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

Holy poo poo, don't leave CloudTemplar off that list. "Sometimes I feel like your entire life is full of lies" is an amazing line.

Is Kori/Selfie not going to be playing again next week? I picked him up as a sub, but his expected points have shot from 40 to 0. I guess that means he won't be playing?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
He seems to have left the team altogether.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I think someone else posted that he drama queened out and quit the team or something.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
That's a shame, he was a fun player to watch! Oh well, time to put together another plan for how to avoid getting murdered next week by the fact that my Top and ADC are going up against Elements and Fnatic.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jonny Angel posted:

That's a shame, he was a fun player to watch! Oh well, time to put together another plan for how to avoid getting murdered next week by the fact that my Top and ADC are going up against Elements and Fnatic.

My solution: Start Maplestreet.

:suicide:

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

Silento posted:

Gnar teleported in and got a 4-man ult, also they were up 10k gold.
Liss Ult -> Jarvan Flag Drag -> Jarvan Ult -> Gnar Teleport/Ult -> Ace.

T8 banned Rumble, Sivir and Rengar. T8 was red and first picked Rek'sai and Corki.

Most pros knew what was coming after draft. See here: https://twitter.com/LustboyLoL/status/559171236933033985

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I ended up buying a Winterfox hoodie after their win, I'm officially on the hype train.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Monathin posted:

My solution: Start Maplestreet.

:suicide:

On that note, you might want to check your Week 2 matchup. THEN do the spoilery thing. :madmax:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Transient People posted:

On that note, you might want to check your Week 2 matchup. THEN do the spoilery thing. :madmax:

Okay, now I have to start Maple just to beat you. :argh:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

I ended up buying a Winterfox hoodie after their win, I'm officially on the hype train.

get on buddy they're going to be top 3

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Today's games:

Dignitas - Team Impulse
Coast - Winterfox
Team Liquid - CLG
C9 - Gravity
Team8 - TSM

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Freaksaus posted:

Today's games:

Dignitas - Team Impulse
Coast - Winterfox
Team Liquid - CLG
C9 - Gravity
Team8 - TSM

Yeah agree with all of this

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Danish odds:

Team Dignitas - Team Impulse
-2,25 - 1,60

Team Coast - Winterfox
-2,50 - 1,45

Liquid - CLG
-1,65 - 2,15

Cloud 9 - Gravity
-1,30 - 3,30

Team 8 - Team Solomid
-5,50 - 1,10

Looks like everyone has tonight's games figured out.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
holy moly TSM

People have some serious faith in the team if they're that close to 1:1 odds!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Freaksaus posted:

Today's games:

Dignitas - Team Impulse
Coast - Winterfox
Team Liquid - CLG
C9 - Gravity
Team8 - TSM

If you swap Impulse with TSM and CLG with Coast I'm pretty sure this is what the final split standings will look like if these teams play like they're playing now. I expect Liquid and Winterfox to give TSM a run for their money though when they don't have subs, Winterfox v. TSM especially might end up being the game to watch this season.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Is there still a seat on the Winterfox hype train because I want in on that poo poo. I watched some LCS games this morning and the one against Gravity was insane. My face was permanently like :stare: from when ACE and Flaresz avoided being double killed at top, and it stayed that way until the end. I'm glad they're the second game today so I don't need to wait long to watch them again.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
those odds on tsm on purple side??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Marin Karin posted:

Is there still a seat on the Winterfox hype train because I want in on that poo poo. I watched some LCS games this morning and the one against Gravity was insane. My face was permanently like :stare: from when ACE and Flaresz avoided being double killed at top, and it stayed that way until the end. I'm glad they're the second game today so I don't need to wait long to watch them again.
The most interesting thing about Winterfox is they're playing with three subs, and they're pretty important subs too. They've got their AD and Mid players, but everyone else is temporary. Their top/jungler looked good enough to be an upgrade on almost any team and Gleeb played better yesterday than most LCS supports have played in their whole lives. (Of course the downside is his crippling depression)

Flaresz specifically really impressed me, I hope an LCS team picks him up so we can see him BM awful top laners all day. Someone make me a clip of Sion missing his ultimate and Flaresz chasing him all the way to his base just to laugh at him

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 25, 2015

• Locked thread