Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Reiji's Beginning G, Lady's Zero gundam, the turn-A from the guy at the fashion race and Aila's own BB Command gundam. Now I'm going to try and locate a Talgeese to paint it in Logan Greco's colors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Reiji's Beginning G, Lady's Zero gundam, the turn-A from the guy at the fashion race and Aila's own BB Command gundam. Now I'm going to try and locate a Talgeese to paint it in Logan Greco's colors.

You are truly doing god's work here.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Gunpla Builders stuff is weirdly rare. I can't find the GPB Color Hi-Nu anywhere. Like, not even finding it in stock, but finding anywhere that even sells it.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
They didn't get much of a production run.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I kinda wish Gunpla Builders had gotten popular enough to get MGs, for some reason I really like the design of the Beginning, dumb beam v-fin and all. Maybe someday I'll pick up the HG.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ka0 posted:

The 1/144 Tallgeese is one of the 20-year old molds, be ready for that.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
They should just reissue it as "Reiji's Beginning Gundam" with a new pamphlet and box.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Using bathroom or kitchen fans to vent enamels and lacquer spray is risky as hell : spraying directly into the path of the motor can cause the aerosolized paint to ignite, and I've seen words like "burned down" and "multiple skin grafts" used to describe the results.

Spray booths require so-called "squirrel cage fans" that offset the motor from the airflow, but they're not cheap and matching the strength of the fan to any given enclosure is something of an arcane science. You'd be better off just buying a prefab booth, and it's not really optional equipment IMO.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Don't do it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Midjack posted:

How likely is it Bandai releasing a newer version under HGAC. We got the Wing and the Wing Zero already.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ka0 posted:

How likely is it Bandai releasing a newer version under HGAC. We got the Wing and the Wing Zero already.

I will let the fact that we still have no Leo gunpla whatsoever speak for itself.

(The thing I'm implying is "if you want a gunpla from Wing that isn't one of the protagonist Gundams, you're not getting it" :ssh:)

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 24, 2015

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ka0 posted:

If we'd gotten more than those two I'd be optimistic but we haven't. I'd say probably not.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I'd love to say the Tallgeese is just as iconic as Gundams. Not as as a Zaku II or GM maybe but its design is just so classic and refined. Enough with the exias already, make do with the Leos and Tallgeeses.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Airbrushed some spoons with 2 colors today, great tip you guys. Need a poo poo ton more practice, but I can save the best spoon per color as a reminder of how the paint looks. There was like a small color in the airbrush paint thing that no amount of thinner on the rag I could wipe it out, is that normal?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 25, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ka0 posted:

I'd love to say the Tallgeese is just as iconic as Gundams. Not as as a Zaku II or GM maybe but its design is just so classic and refined. Enough with the exias already, make do with the Leos and Tallgeeses.

They're saving them for when they make Frozen Teardrop!

:( A man can dream.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

chumbler posted:

They're saving them for when they make Frozen Teardrop!

:( A man can dream.

The Heero Yuy is my headmate market isn't as big as it used to be.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Airbrushed some spoons with 2 colors today, great tip you guys. Need a poo poo ton more practice, but I can save the best spoon per color as a reminder of how the paint looks. There was like a small color in the airbrush paint thing that no amount of thinner on the rag I could wipe it out, is that normal?

You may have to disassemble and soak for an hour or two to loosen up everything but yeah, it seems like no matter what I do I can always find something dirty in there no matter how I soak and scrub.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Midjack posted:

You may have to disassemble and soak for an hour or two to loosen up everything but yeah, it seems like no matter what I do I can always find something dirty in there no matter how I soak and scrub.

Its the cup that has like a thin ring of red, it didn't really come off when I sprayed thinner and water through it to clean it out. I heard its bad to soak the airbrush in a solvent.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Sonication is the way to go if you have stuff on the cup that won't come off. If not try acetone, or turps.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Any airbrush part not made of metal (O-rings, plastic handles, etc.) should be set aside, but the metal bits should be perfectly safe to soak in anything short of battery acid.

Cleaning airbrushes is a huge pain, but again not really optional.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
If you live in a hard water area consider using distilled water in your airbrush so you don't fur it up!

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Midjack posted:

Even worse, unless you want the Tallgeese III, the 1/144 Tallgeese kits are no-grades. Which, while not quite as bad as the G Gundam no-grades, are still pretty terribad. At least it won't require too much painting since it's almost entirely white, so there's that.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
For clarity's sake, the Tallgeese III is just the regular old sockmonkey mold with an HG badge slapped on the box because there was a period of time in the latter half of the '90s when Bandai pretty much forgot what the words "High Grade" actually imply.

edit: VVV by modern standards, maybe, but they were poo poo-hot high-quality stuff at the time, as opposed to the old faux-HG 1/144s which were almost never good even when they were new.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 25, 2015

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bimmi posted:

For clarity's sake, the Tallgeese III is just the regular old sockmonkey mold with an HG badge slapped on the box because there was a period of time in the latter half of the '90s when Bandai pretty much forgot what the words "High Grade" actually imply.

Case in point, you can do a search for HGs from Wing and get 1/100 scale models. They were pretty garbage.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Bimmi posted:

Oh, christ. I just checked my kits, and that is totally correct. The TG1, TG2, and HG TG3 sprues are literally identical, excepting color, and the TG3 has one extra sprue. I don't know why I never noticed that before.

What the gently caress, Bandai. There's lazy, and then there's this.

So, yeah. The only good Tallgeese kits are the MGs.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm about halfway done with my Zock, and found my first real annoyance. Too many parts for fingers. 42 parts for six fingers. On an HG.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nice! The blacklight really helps the psycoframe.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Can't decide if the psyco-frame funnels are ridiculous or awesome. Where are those from, anyway?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bimmi posted:

Can't decide if the psyco-frame funnels are ridiculous or awesome. Where are those from, anyway?

They look like the BTF aftermarket parts.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Gundam Guy posted:

MG 1/100 Gundam Double X can be connected with the 1/100 G-Falcon model kit!!! P-Bandai will be issuing an exclusive 1/100 G-Falcon with new markings / decals!!! Stay tuned!

Suck it Bandai, I already have one!

The fact that they didn't market something similar for the X Divider does confirm that they're planning on making it a separate release too.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Does anyone have advice for the leg pipes on the RG Char Zaku-II? Even the slightest movement in the knees causes the pipes to break out and spray little pink hoops everywhere. Should I just seal it up with some glue?

GoBob
Jul 31, 2008

I used super glue on the top plug for the pipes and never had that problem again.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Hey we're working on the same kit!

Kit buddies!

E: hopefully fixed the size I'm on my phone and can't tell very well...

Yawgmoft fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jan 26, 2015

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I don't suppose anyone has a 1/100 Hardygun in their backlogs they'd be willing to part with? I've got an idea for my next custom paint job but the kit I want to do is old enough to vote and getting harder to find.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Vote, hell, it's old enough to drink.

I honestly do not recall if I still have a spare of that kit or sold it long ago, but I'll try to dig through the vaults in the next couple of days and find out.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I'd really appreciate it. I could trade money for it, even.

Is the color separation on the 1/100 G-Cannon Magna as bad as it looks? I'm thinking of including that in my custom painting as well and I'd just like to know what I'm getting myself into.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

The Muffinlord posted:

Is the color separation on the 1/100 G-Cannon Magna as bad as it looks?

Worse, probably, and for some reason mine was one of the floppiest kits I've ever built (the normal version was fine.)

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
That's weird and disappointing. I mean, it looks pretty bad, but I'm going to paint the whole thing regardless. Maybe painting and finishing will help sturdy it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Just for laffs, here's what the Magna looks like straight out of the box:

Expensive kit for the day, though that's due more to many leftover parts from the base G-Cannon than to any sort of fine quality.

(no spare Hardygun yet, will notify if that changes)

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 27, 2015