Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

anotherblownsave posted:

I'm going to be going past the Lego store tomorrow, I'll see if I can grab you one, the guy who works there usually separates them by character for people who ask. I can ship anywhere in North America if you're interested

Dude!

Galaxy Trooper
Paleontologist
Lady Cyclops
Classic King

If's there anyway your guy could grab you those that would be AWESOME. If you don't mind :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

mattfl posted:

Dude!

Galaxy Trooper
Paleontologist
Lady Cyclops
Classic King

If's there anyway your guy could grab you those that would be AWESOME. If you don't mind :)

You got it man.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

anotherblownsave posted:

I'm going to be going past the Lego store tomorrow, I'll see if I can grab you one, the guy who works there usually separates them by character for people who ask. I can ship anywhere in North America if you're interested

That'd be awesome, thanks for the offer! I just got stuck with another stupid disco guy because the microphone felt horn-ish.

Also tried to feel through the 100+ Simpsons series minifigures at a nearby Fred Meyer and almost finished off the set. I went 3-for-4 and ended up with an extra Itchy. Still need Grandpa and Chief Wiggum and the series is complete.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

anotherblownsave posted:

You got it man.

Awesome!

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
I have a few extras for trade/sale:

I'm looking for Grandpa Abe and Chief Wiggum from Simpsons, the Tiki guy or female robot from series 11, or the knight and chicken-guy from series 09. Also the Unicorn from the current series, but it sounds like anotherblownsave might be trying on that one.

featurecreep fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 25, 2015

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

DrChud posted:

Rumor has it Series 14 is monster themed series. Would seem like Lego is going full on Scooby Doo mode if these are true.

I want these to be real so bad, but seeing their hands going every which way makes me think it isn't. :ohdear:

I want to believe!

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

DrChud posted:

Rumor has it Series 14 is monster themed series. Would seem like Lego is going full on Scooby Doo mode if these are true.

Wanna use that mad scientist head for a Peyton Manning minifig.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

shymog posted:

I'm looking for Grandpa Abe and Chief Wiggum from Simpsons, the Tiki guy or female robot from series 11, or the knight and chicken-guy from series 09. Also the Unicorn from the current series, but it sounds like anotherblownsave might be trying on that one.

Would you take a series 9 Heroic Knight for a Wild West Wyldestyle?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

shymog posted:

I'm seeing triple here: Six Krustys!

To make this post not totally worthless, the new Mixels are out if you don't already know.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I want these to be real so bad, but seeing their hands going every which way makes me think it isn't. :ohdear:

I want to believe!

There leaks from the factory that assembles them. The guy taking the photo probably didn't care/notice/have the time to bother with the hands.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

shymog posted:

Yeah I'll be going today, I'll trade it for a wildstyle if that's cool with you

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

PriorMarcus posted:

There leaks from the factory that assembles them. The guy taking the photo probably didn't care/notice/have the time to bother with the hands.

I would expect the hands to be assembled automatically, so either they were taken before the arms even were put together or the were adjusted after the fact.

No Egrets
May 30, 2013

That's right, and it's an Armani.

7thBatallion posted:

Wanna use that mad scientist head for a Peyton Manning minifig.

Literally the first thing I thought when I saw it. Now I need to find an extra football player minifig.:manning:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DrChud posted:

Take the whiskers of the Cat Lady, make it flesh-colored, and give her a black outfit, and it would be the PERFECT Julie Newmar Catwoman.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah she has that smirk.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Just a heads up: S12 minifigs are currently $2 on the S@H Lego site. I'm sure they'll all be gone by the end of the day.

It's a drat good price for them even though ordering online randomly means you'll most likely get 20 of the same one.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

If anyone is still looking for a bennys spaceship,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Movie-...=item1e98d5eb52

this is a solid deal.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

jeeves posted:

Just a heads up: S12 minifigs are currently $2 on the S@H Lego site. I'm sure they'll all be gone by the end of the day.

It's a drat good price for them even though ordering online randomly means you'll most likely get 20 of the same one.

poo poo, limit 32 per person? If you didn't get at least one full set I'd be ripshit. I had to buy a bunch, had 10 VIPbux burning a hole in my account, why not! A bunch of other stuff is on sale, including Mixels, The Flying Flusher from the movie, and a bunch of Chima stuff.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Does anyone have a template for printing minifig torsos? I've got a project and managed to find some inkjet printable waterslide sheets at a hobby store and some plain white torsos on the way.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

I haven't made it to get the mini figures yet. We're getting a blizzard (3ft of snow expected in my area) everything is closed, but I haven't forgotten you guys i promised them to

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

anotherblownsave posted:

I haven't made it to get the mini figures yet. We're getting a blizzard (3ft of snow expected in my area) everything is closed, but I haven't forgotten you guys i promised them to

Wait, where do you live? I'm in MA a little south of Nashua NH, and we're supposed to be getting 2.5-3 feet too.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Are there any good lego podcasts? It's been bad weather here lately so I'm stuck at the office instead of out on a boat.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait, where do you live? I'm in MA a little south of Nashua NH, and we're supposed to be getting 2.5-3 feet too.

I'm in Ipswich, MA

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Pyroclastic posted:

Does anyone have a template for printing minifig torsos? I've got a project and managed to find some inkjet printable waterslide sheets at a hobby store and some plain white torsos on the way.

There is a vector one here, the torso was the right size.

http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/node/270

http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/templatecentral

There is some other stuff here, quite a few missing/corrupt files though.
https://github.com/jpgerdeman/minifig-svg-decals

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Video with the new lego technic models for the summer. (At least the crawler crane and arocs, and the fire plane is in the back of some of the shots) I am going to be so broke once they are released.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
It looks like in Australia "normal" retailers are stocking Lego Minecraft now. I put on lay by all except The Cave (sold out) and The Ender Dragon (too pricey for what you get but I need Endermen!)

These are really for my son, I am hoping with the blocky builds that it is pretty simple for him to build himself and play with. I wonder though if you have Minecraft if you transition that to Lego. What are peoples thoughts on it, the sets and theme?

It seems like a perfect way to get back to more simplistic lego but with a recognisable theme and "rules of play".

I put together the 60047 Police Station and it sucks they don't come on plates anymore, not only that, it doesn't really fit onto the plates. Making it link up to a "city" kind of annoying and difficult. It was better when it came with and fit on its own plate. Also, why don't Lego make bad guy hideouts. All well and good to have a prison, but how about something that the cops can storm to get the bad guys. They don't really think about the playability of these. I am tempted to get the 60068 swamp crooks hideout just to be able to do that.

For reference, I think the last Lego police station I put together was this one: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6386_Police_Command_Base

It fit on a base nicely, and really being smaller and more simple wasn't as overwhelming to play with. Though my son loves breaking open the bars and freeing the prisoners in 60047.

Wank fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 28, 2015

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Last years police sets had like, abandoned shacks and an art museum.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

If your bad guys can't take over the good guys' base at least three times an hour then I don't know what kind of city you're living in :colbert:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Just pretend they're GCPD and bring on the Batman villains

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Ika posted:

Video with the new lego technic models for the summer. (At least the crawler crane and arocs, and the fire plane is in the back of some of the shots) I am going to be so broke once they are released.

I didn't care too much for the big Technic sets in 2014, but those two look wonderful.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
42040 Fire plane
42042 Crawler crane
42043 Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245

Not sure if I have room for all of these :(

The 2015 Lego City space shuttle and the Creator Jet Fighter look great too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gallery of new sets being shown in Nuremberg:

http://imgur.com/a/2LRtm

The flatiron building and the louvre look goddamn amazing.

It's also cool that the super agent line is keeping those comical satellite dish wheels.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
This is the second time they're going to half rear end a Pirates line. They need way more than yet another series that's a pirate ship, pirate island and the rest impulse sets with a raft and treasure chest and poo poo.

Bring back the imperial forts and stuff.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I can't believe they're still making so much Ninjago stuff. It's always on clearance or markdown around here and they just sit on the shelves.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

I can't believe they're still making so much Ninjago stuff. It's always on clearance or markdown around here and they just sit on the shelves.

Isn't this the last hurrah for Ninjago too? Or was that just the Chima line.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ChesterJT posted:

Anecdotal evidence is a helluva thing, huh?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/8731022/Lego-sales-jump-25pc-thanks-to-minifigs-and-Ninjago.html

http://papercutz.com/lego-ninjago-sales-pass-2m

Ninjago is insanely popular. Chima on the other hand is getting the kibosh.

DrChud posted:

Isn't this the last hurrah for Ninjago too? Or was that just the Chima line.
Can't be. If the loving comic books of Ninjago were selling 2 million copies as of april 2014, I doubt they've declined in popularity so quickly by now that they cancel the line.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

It's also cool that the super agent line is keeping those comical satellite dish wheels.

New Mixels look promising but need more dammit.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

EvilJoven posted:

This is the second time they're going to half rear end a Pirates line. They need way more than yet another series that's a pirate ship, pirate island and the rest impulse sets with a raft and treasure chest and poo poo.

Bring back the imperial forts and stuff.

I don't disagree, but my oldest has been asking for a Lego pirate ship for a while (since I have the Imperial Flagship).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It doesn't help that lego boats are fantastically boring.

I mean they look cool and are great set pieces, but the enormous hull pieces are completely useless for anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006

xzzy posted:

I really like that little cabin Creator set!