Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

Havok pulled a Rick Rude and just did a run in on the SHINE iPPV main event not even two hours after being on Impact.

#lolTNA, cluster bookings and PPA deals prove you're not as big time as you like to pretend.

I'd cool the jets on LOLTNAing this one time. Maybe she is done but she does have family commitments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Robbie E got the pink slip. And by Robbie E, I mean he told Velvet to open the case, and there was the pink slip inside. So she got fired instead. :psyduck:

What the gently caress was TNA's justification for that load of stupidity, Because that might be the most Russo booked angle humanly possible, more-so than Arquette winning a title, more than the Lockboxes, and more than getting TNA kicked off of TV by secretly writing TNA's shows.

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009

rovert posted:

I'd cool the jets on LOLTNAing this one time. Maybe she is done but she does have family commitments.

Oh do tell.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DarkstarIV posted:

Robbie E got the pink slip. And by Robbie E, I mean he told Velvet to open the case, and there was the pink slip inside. So she got fired instead. :psyduck:

To be honest, that sounds hilarious in a kindergarten playground-kind of way.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Ghidzilla posted:

Oh do tell.

Just older relatives.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

DarkstarIV posted:

:saddowns: Her fired?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

infinitely more likely she's a felon and can't leave the country

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

DarkstarIV posted:

So for posterity since no one watched TNA (neither did I, to be fair), here are Feast or Fired results.

Spud won the X-Division case.
Magnus got a tag title shot.
Austin Aries got a TNA World title match.

I didn't realize there was a transitive property of pink slips. Now I know exactly what to do if I'm ever given one.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Needs More Ditka posted:

I didn't realize there was a transitive property of pink slips. Now I know exactly what to do if I'm ever given one.

Put your boss through a table?

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
The angle was she was the one to actually take the case of the pole. It was a really ridiculous angle with him going nuts before and after she opened the case.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I was honestly expecting Magnus to get the pink slip considering his recent interviews about being cool with leaving and looking forward to better prospects outside the company...

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't Magus like the most vocal, abrasive TNA shill in interviews as of last year or so? What happened? Is it just a result of him getting depushed and realizing he can't necessarily count on being a big fish in a small pond that's had thousands of gallons of coal ash spilled into it?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/01/kurt-angle-talks-oscar-nominated-foxcatcher.html

Interesting thoughts from Kurt Angle about Foxcatcher. I had no clue that he wrestled for DuPont. Makes me really want to see the movie now, even more than I did.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Jonny Angel posted:

Wasn't Magus like the most vocal, abrasive TNA shill in interviews as of last year or so? What happened? Is it just a result of him getting depushed and realizing he can't necessarily count on being a big fish in a small pond that's had thousands of gallons of coal ash spilled into it?

I imagine losing the title (and maybe taking a pay cut) for the sake of blatantly copying a successful storyline from the WWE, then getting depushed in favor of a former WWE wrestler probably hurt a lot. But yeah, before that he pretty much had nothing but praise when it came to talking about TNA.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

NickRoweFillea posted:

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/01/kurt-angle-talks-oscar-nominated-foxcatcher.html

Interesting thoughts from Kurt Angle about Foxcatcher. I had no clue that he wrestled for DuPont. Makes me really want to see the movie now, even more than I did.

Playboy, in their August 1996 issue, did a story on DuPont that had a few Kurt Angle quotes in it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Havok is still with the company:
https://twitter.com/brydertna/status/559087338211786754

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I guess with TNA doing less PPV (or none), they are more lax on talent appearing on iPPV.

That's good of TNA to let their talent work enough to actually earn a living wage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

His wording makes me think she's not under contract.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

His wording makes me think she's not under contract.

You are correct on that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

isn't she the strongest booked woman in the company?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

May get a seat on the cheap to see this.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I can't wait til Al Snow's heart explodes

E: and then he gets mad at himself because there's only supposed to be one pop per night

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
With Grado's diet of Pizza Crunches and more Pizza Crunches it'll be a close race.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonzo McFee posted:

With Grado's diet of Pizza Crunches and more Pizza Crunches it'll be a close race.

It's actually just Matt Hardy.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

coconono posted:

isn't she the strongest booked woman in the company?

She was the strongest booked woman for maybe two weeks. Then they had her go toe to toe with Gail Kim in a brawl after beating the poo poo out of her earlier that night.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I hereby dub Koya Rob Curry. Because he's greener than goose poo poo.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

DarkstarIV posted:

So for posterity since no one watched TNA (neither did I, to be fair), here are Feast or Fired results.

Spud won the X-Division case.
Magnus got a tag title shot.
Austin Aries got a TNA World title match.

I watched Impact Wrestling, but there's only so much negativity I can take from you guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CaptainYesterday posted:

I watched Impact Wrestling, but there's only so much negativity I can take from you guys.

Waaaa people make fun of the horrible company I love that no one watches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CaptainYesterday posted:

I love that the post you quoted contained no negativity unless you put more thought into the meaning of an inserted smilie than the people running TNA put into anything

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Feast or Fired is Vince Russo taking a good idea (Money In The Bank) and making it bad and convoluted.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
So I'm curious, does anyone know the ratings for whatever replaced TNA on Spike? I'd find it pretty funny if whatever replaced it is actually retaining viewers from it's lead in.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

syzpid posted:

So I'm curious, does anyone know the ratings for whatever replaced TNA on Spike? I'd find it pretty funny if whatever replaced it is actually retaining viewers from it's lead in.

I think right now it's just a bunch of COPS

E: I am wrong. It's "2 Fast 2 Furious", followed by "Death Race 3: Inferno" on Thursday. Friday is a shitload of COPS all evening.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

DJExile posted:

I think right now it's just a bunch of COPS

E: I am wrong. It's "2 Fast 2 Furious", followed by "Death Race 3: Inferno" on Thursday. Friday is a shitload of COPS all evening.

Man, I'd so much rather watch that than TNA!

Good move spike TV!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Trollologist posted:

Man, I'd so much rather watch that than TNA!

Good move spike TV!

Seriously that sounds pretty fun

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
TNA is going home:
http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6330

I am going to miss being told the darken venue is allegedly the Manhattan Center.

I wonder what the TNAMecca spin will be.

rovert fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 28, 2015

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

rovert posted:

TNA is going home:

I am going to miss being told the darken venue is allegedly the Manhattan Center.

With eight special One Night Only pay-per-views! (except for the ones that are being held on the same day and also in the afternoon.)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wrestling in Orlando in February:

quote:

February 11th: NXT Takeover
February 12th: NXT Tapings and TNA
February 13th-15th: TNA
February 16th: Monday Night RAW and TNA
February 18th: NXT Tapings

February 17th is SmackDown in Fort Lauderdale

Credit: https://twitter.com/ShakeThemRopes/status/560236772043788288

NXT is taping a lot of TV show they can focus just on Wrestlemania in March.

rovert fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 28, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

TNA is going home:

Do you know if they're getting the same soundstage as they did in their most recent stint there? It would be hilarious if they keep on getting pushed into increasingly dinky venues.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thauros posted:

Do you know if they're getting the same soundstage as they did in their most recent stint there? It would be hilarious if they keep on getting pushed into increasingly dinky venues.

Nah, they had 19 last time, which is where they used to tape Double Dare. 21 is about the same size as the former Impact Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

ayn rand hand job posted:

Nah, they had 19 last time, which is where they used to tape Double Dare. 21 is about the same size as the former Impact Zone.

21 is the former Impact Zone, they're gonna be in 20 this time which is the same size as 19.

• Locked thread