Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also god drat did the release of Dragonball Xenoverse creep up

can't wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Eonwe posted:

can't wait

I'm going to make an insanely cool Dragonball OC and he's going to help Goku beat up the bad guys and it'll be epic.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I've been waiting for the launch of El Burro Amado ever since Huniepop

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Orv posted:

That cross-game multiplayer cannot possibly be even sort of balanced.

I don't think they mean "Fight the Vagyr with HW1 Taidann" but "You'll launch a multiplayer client where you can join both HW1 and HW2 games."

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

The White Dragon posted:

I've been waiting for the launch of El Burro Amado ever since Huniepop

Immediate next scene

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Eonwe posted:

can't wait
Been around for about a month.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

I don't think they mean "Fight the Vagyr with HW1 Taidann" but "You'll launch a multiplayer client where you can join both HW1 and HW2 games."

I mean it literally says "Access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta: play Homeworld races against Homeworld 2 races with up to eight players on 23 maps, plus brand new game modes"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

RentACop posted:

I mean it literally says "Access to the Homeworld Remastered Steam Multiplayer Beta: play Homeworld races against Homeworld 2 races with up to eight players on 23 maps, plus brand new game modes"

Oh, guess I should read things. Yeah, that can't possibly be balanced very well.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Like RentACop says, that's exactly what it's phrased as. Though I'm sure there'll be lobby/ladder settings of stuff like HW1/HW2 Race Only, etc.

Much as I love Homeworld it was the start of Relic making great strategy games with terrible MP balance, and this won't help. It'll be hella cool though.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm going to make an insanely cool Dragonball OC and he's going to help Goku beat up the bad guys and it'll be epic.

Can I make a Saiyan with a green afro named Broccoli?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

this is Confirmed.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Anyone play Aarklash Legacy?

The game is a little janky and the writing is a little oddly translated at times but I'm having a blast with this game. The art style, character design and setting is actually kind of original for a fantasy game. The game play itself is also really fun, imagine Dragon Age: Origins style real time combat that you can pause anytime mixed in with some MMO mechanics like interrupting spell casts, taunting enemies, and casting crowd control/dispelling crowd control on your own team. The RPG and gearing up elements are pretty light; the game mainly feels like a series of tactical battles strung together by a story and set in a really pretty universe.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222640/

The screen shots on Steam don't do the game justice. It's a really gorgeous game for how simple the graphics are.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

this is Confirmed.

:getin:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Light Gun Man posted:

The game seems to be centered around playing your own Original character do not steal. If it's any good I might just buy it sometime down the road. :v:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

can't wait

I am legit excitied.

Also about 3D anime titty domiance: Huniepop's offical highest total player account was more Gone Home's. So long ART Indie scene...all hail the 3d anime tittays

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Resident Evil HD remake rules and is loving pretty.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

NutritiousSnack posted:

Resident Evil HD remake rules and is loving pretty.

I'm 2 zombies in and I don't know how to efficiently kill (because there's no manual aiming). The oldest RE I've seriously played is 4. I spent 5 of my 12 rounds knocking down one undead and then knifing them. What's the most efficient tactic? :(

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Morter posted:

I'm 2 zombies in and I don't know how to efficiently kill (because there's no manual aiming). The oldest RE I've seriously played is 4. I spent 5 of my 12 rounds knocking down one undead and then knifing them. What's the most efficient tactic? :(

Your most efficient tactic is to not kill anything.

If you don't burn the bodies, they'll come back as stronger, faster zombies called Crimson Heads.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Morter posted:

Don't.

In the Mansion proper you should only be killing zombies in major chokepoints/hallways that you'll be using often, and you should make sure to bring the lighter/gas along for the ride so you can burn the bodies. One of the great "gently caress you" tricks Capcom added to the Remake on Gamecube for people that played the original RE was Crimson Heads, ie zombies that take 2-3 shotgun blasts, can open doors, run, and appear 30 minutes of real time after you've killed a zombie. You DO NOT want a whole bunch of Crimson Heads spread throughout the Mansion because you got trigger happy upfront.

Remember, it's an old game. You can actually make the game unplayable if you start with Chris and grab all the plot items you see upfront, because his inventory will get packed with stuff you can't drop/use, and the first inventory box is 30-40 minutes in. :v: Only grab ammo, leave everything else where it is to go grab later, when you either need it or want to start doing box runs.

bamhand posted:

Anyone play Aarklash Legacy?

The game is a little janky and the writing is a little oddly translated at times but I'm having a blast with this game. The art style, character design and setting is actually kind of original for a fantasy game. The game play itself is also really fun, imagine Dragon Age: Origins style real time combat that you can pause anytime mixed in with some MMO mechanics like interrupting spell casts, taunting enemies, and casting crowd control/dispelling crowd control on your own team. The RPG and gearing up elements are pretty light; the game mainly feels like a series of tactical battles strung together by a story and set in a really pretty universe.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222640/

The screen shots on Steam don't do the game justice. It's a really gorgeous game for how simple the graphics are.

Both it and it's prequel Confrontation are pretty good. Confrontation is a bit more rough around the edges, but if you like Aarklash go check it out.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
Has anyone tried Stranded Deep? I'm a sucker for survival/crafting games, and the concept of being stranded on a desert island sounds interesting.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rookersh posted:

Both it and it's prequel Confrontation are pretty good. Confrontation is a bit more rough around the edges, but if you like Aarklash go check it out.

The reviews of Confrontation are really, really bad but I like Aarklash a lot. Is it as bad as everyone says?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Here's a thing I don't understand: I had no idea Toejam and Earl was on Steam, because I had only been looking at the Sega Classic collections. Ok, fair enough, it (nor its sequel) isn't included in those bundles.

Yet, when I look at the game hub for the game, it brings me to the Sega Collections hub. What's going on?

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

bamhand posted:

The reviews of Confrontation are really, really bad but I like Aarklash a lot. Is it as bad as everyone says?

Yes and no.

The tactical RPG elements are still in place. You have 5-10ish guys, all with a wide variety of skills that tie into each other, while also having multiple ways to be played. The core gameplay loops works just fine.

Everything else though isn't as polished as Aarklash, and it feels like a prototype version of the game. You'll generally see the same scenery over and over again for hours at a time, enemy variety isn't as good as it is in Aarklash ( and doesn't have the "MMO" boss fight nature as much, instead feeling more like fighting dungeon fodder in an MMO. ), and the story/sound/graphics aren't all that great. It's not terrible mind you, it's just not as good.

It feels like a much more constrained version of Aarklash. The Goldmongers are neat, and have a ton of variety/playstyles due to their nature. The Griffon are your average soldier squad, so the archtypes are a bit more rigid. The Goldmongers have personality, the Griffon kind of don't. The Goldmongers are facing boss encounters throughout, The Griffon are facing an enemy army that all looks identical. I more recommended it if it goes on sale, because while the tactical loop is fun, it still is a bit rougher.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is costume quest 2 worth playing or should i just pretend there was no sequel

ive heard both

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

If I liked Everblue 2 on the PS2 and the Endless Ocean games on the Wii, would I like Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

It's about the same as the first. Except the tedium of single character fighting was replaced by party fights vs enemies with way too much HP.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Awesome! posted:

ive heard both

If you really liked Costume Quest, than Good News! Costume Quest 2 is more Costume Quest.

If you appreciated some aspects of Costume Quest but thought it had design and implementation issues that needed to be addressed in any potential followups, than Costume Quest 2 is not for you.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i enjoyed costume quest but by the end i was ready for it to be over. maybe ill try 2 if i get the urge to replay 1

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Rookersh posted:

Don't.

In the Mansion proper you should only be killing zombies in major chokepoints/hallways that you'll be using often, and you should make sure to bring the lighter/gas along for the ride so you can burn the bodies. One of the great "gently caress you" tricks Capcom added to the Remake on Gamecube for people that played the original RE was Crimson Heads, ie zombies that take 2-3 shotgun blasts, can open doors, run, and appear 30 minutes of real time after you've killed a zombie. You DO NOT want a whole bunch of Crimson Heads spread throughout the Mansion because you got trigger happy upfront.

Remember, it's an old game. You can actually make the game unplayable if you start with Chris and grab all the plot items you see upfront, because his inventory will get packed with stuff you can't drop/use, and the first inventory box is 30-40 minutes in. :v: Only grab ammo, leave everything else where it is to go grab later, when you either need it or want to start doing box runs.
He should and with Forest lending a hand.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Orv posted:

That cross-game multiplayer cannot possibly be even sort of balanced.

I bet the triple corvette wall strategy from HW1 will still conquer all.

I'm real hype.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Here's a thing I don't understand: I had no idea Toejam and Earl was on Steam, because I had only been looking at the Sega Classic collections. Ok, fair enough, it (nor its sequel) isn't included in those bundles.

Yet, when I look at the game hub for the game, it brings me to the Sega Collections hub. What's going on?

Holy poo poo, thanks for the heads up.

I have no idea what's happening to you, it just brought me to the store page as normal.

Maybe try this link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/71166/

quote:

They were cruising in their highly funky, ultra cool, righteous rapmaster rocketship when Earl said he’d like a shot at driving.

:smugdog:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Awesome! posted:

ive heard both

It's a better overworld, though the things to do in it are still basically the same (minor environmental puzzles, "come back here when you have this upgrade" areas, collect all the chests), but speaking as someone who liked the first game the combat in CQ2 felt... not like a downgrade but a lot less involved. None of the bosses require anything more than a healing costume and the regular fights in between them are over within a few turns with very little risk. I didn't expect anything super-complicated in the first place but it turned out to be a lot more mindless than I expected.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

HardDisk posted:

Holy poo poo, thanks for the heads up.

I have no idea what's happening to you, it just brought me to the store page as normal.

Maybe try this link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/71166/

:smugdog:

I think you misunderstood me, or maybe I didn't phrase it properly; I can access the game's store page just fine, but I'm seeing that it's not part of a Sega Classics bundle, despite its game hub being that of the Sega Classic collections. Am I missing some sega bundle that it actually is a part of?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I think you misunderstood me, or maybe I didn't phrase it properly; I can access the game's store page just fine, but I'm seeing that it's not part of a Sega Classics bundle, despite its game hub being that of the Sega Classic collections. Am I missing some sega bundle that it actually is a part of?

All of the Sega Megadrive games do that. They are considered DLC to the "game," which is the emulator, which is the community hub you see. Click on the community hub link on this page and you'll see it's the same: http://store.steampowered.com/app/211201/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Breadallelogram posted:

All of the Sega Megadrive games do that. They are considered DLC to the "game," which is the emulator, which is the community hub you see. Click on the community hub link on this page and you'll see it's the same: http://store.steampowered.com/app/211201/

Ok, cool. Does this mean that TJ&E are just not part of a bundle? They should be! :argh:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pastry of the Year posted:

If I liked Everblue 2 on the PS2 and the Endless Ocean games on the Wii, would I like Depth Hunter 2: Deep Dive?

It's a chilled out game but I probably wouldn't call it as good as Endless Ocean.

EDIT: On a related note, hit me up on steam and I'll give you a key for it

http://steamcommunity.com/id/testekill/

Movac
Oct 31, 2012

Ok, cool. Does this mean that TJ&E are just not part of a bundle? They should be! :argh:

If you can buy from US Amazon you can get them in this bundle, which has all but 10 of the Genesis games on Steam. (Everything but the 5th pack.) Goes for $5 during every sale.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

There are 5 bundles of Genesis "classics" on Steam, and no Toejam & Earl isnt part of any of them unfortunately.

I don't know if it was ever on Steam though but Amazon has the SEGA 48-Game Mega Arcade Pack, which includes all of the games in the 5 classics bundles plus all the Sonic games and the Toejam & Earl games. Its got a hefty price tag but I know for a fact that during sales it has gone down to $9.99 or even $4.99 before, which isn't a bad deal for a buttload of nostalgia I guess.

e:fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Immediate next scene

The hell game is this?

• Locked thread