Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Monathin posted:

I dropped Santorin since no one had decided to bite on FR3D yet. My backup Jungler is Rush so here's hoping I can pull it together.

Good decision. Frederic should deliver. I'm in a weird position myself - I'm 100% satisfied with my team right now, except for Lustboy warming the bench. Anybody wanna do a trade for him? I'm taking offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Monathin posted:

I dropped Santorin since no one had decided to bite on FR3D yet. My backup Jungler is Rush so here's hoping I can pull it together.
That's still kind of risky, Vet teams sometimes take a while to warm up before the barrel through to the top (TSM, Cloud9, Elements especially) will probably be weak in the early season and end up strongest towards the tail end so even having TSM and Santorin on your bench all seasons is still beneficial

e: Keith and Falresz were great as substitutes and an upgrade to a whole lot of teams right now, teams should look at trying them out.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 26, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
hmmmm, do i start darshan (zion) as my flex or do i throw hai in there and hope he actually doesn't do poo poo next week? or do i throw maplestreet out into the open and pray?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Luna Was Here posted:

hmmmm, do i start darshan (zion) as my flex or do i throw hai in there and hope he actually doesn't do poo poo next week? or do i throw maplestreet out into the open and pray?

Who's your toplane right now? You might wanna move Zion to main and throw Cris in there. He made me like 50 points this week. Hai made me 18.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Transient People posted:

Who's your toplane right now? You might wanna move Zion to main and throw Cris in there. He made me like 50 points this week. Hai made me 18.
Cris is also absolute garbage and won't be able to get away with having Impaler camp top for him all season long.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

Cris is also absolute garbage and won't be able to get away with having Impaler camp top for him all season long.

He gets gimme matchups next week. Team 8 and Gravity are not the hottest guys around, and if Coast's coach has two braincells to rub together he will most definitely have Impaler babysitting him against cali. Don't look at 'all season long', look at the matches at hand.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
I think it was already discussed (and agreed on) that this fantasy league talk should be moved to its own thread once the actual season begins, as a lot of people really don't give a heck about reading it. Do consider.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

Wickd is the top laner atm, with Darshan straight Flexin. I feel like Elements had one of their ~EU LCS~ weeks and will actually perform next week but again, ~EU LCS~

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ihki posted:

I think it was already discussed (and agreed on) that this fantasy league talk should be moved to its own thread once the actual season begins, as a lot of people really don't give a heck about reading it. Do consider.

Yeah I'm surprised so many people like it. I played it last season and found the point system to be pretty pointless.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

CODChimera posted:

Yeah I'm surprised so many people like it. I played it last season and found the point system to be pretty pointless.

:rimshot:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Wickd is the top laner atm, with Darshan straight Flexin. I feel like Elements had one of their ~EU LCS~ weeks and will actually perform next week but again, ~EU LCS~

Ehhhhhhh

It's debatable. I'd say go Zion/Cris, but Wickd might not perform that poorly this week. I just fear he's gonna get banned out and be terrible.

Ihki posted:

Somebody might wanna make a thread yeah, but so far I think we're doing fine. It's not like we're going on tangents unrelated to competitive LoL, we're certainly discussing it at least.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
If nobody's stepping up, there's the old thread that might suit these needs in the meanwhile.

e: Oh my bad, thought it was open for posting but it ain't :doh:

Ihki fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 26, 2015

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Killed By Death posted:

Prepare yourself, Lovechop :unsmigghh:

That's some ballsy poo poo, I am not prepared for this

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Ihki posted:

If nobody's stepping up, there's the old thread that might suit these needs in the meanwhile.

Locked for archiving?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
This is only kind of related to competitive, but Final Five's ADC (they're a challenger team Rhux made that got knocked out of the expansion tournament by Coast), Veritas, made it to the first Challenger spot in NA with almost a 70% win rate. Last year he was on the team that won the OCE LoL Grand Finals. Although his team is honestly kind of mediocre (previously they had Prototype Black of all people as their starting adc), judging from the little I've seen of him he's just absurdly good.

Although Veritas is originally South Korean, it seems like, if it works out, it could be the beginning of a kind of cool trend of picking up start players from lesser known regions. It makes me way more excited for the challenger scene -- I think it would be really good to start cycling in new talent rather than just recycling LCS drop-outs and the same pool of NA solo q stars. Admittedly, he might be more of the exception than the rule, but it really is crazy that an OCE player is on top of the NA ladder, however early it may be.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

Is he actually changing his screenname to Darshan? Seems like there's a rash of players going by their real names.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Jonny Angel posted:

Is he actually changing his screenname to Darshan? Seems like there's a rash of players going by their real names.

i would also like to be known professionally by the screen name i made when i was 15

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Watching the NA LCS now. Here are my thoughts from C9 - TSM:

1. Elise is bad
2. C9 looks asleep.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jonny Angel posted:

he has it on one of his alts but hus main is staying zion

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
How much $$$ do I have to pay to get someone to change their Summoner Name To Big Keven.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
GG BenQ HTC iBUYPOWER Big Keven

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

How much $$$ do I have to pay to get someone to change their Summoner Name To Big Keven.

if you have me added on league, exactly $5 if you can gift me

i am SLAMITINONEECHAN on NA

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Sorry but this offer is only open to LCS pro gamers...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ihki posted:

It was agreed on last year because we all thought it would be bigger than it was. The whole season had 11 pages, but almost no posts between the fourth week and the last week because people lost interest. It's probably going to be like that this time, too. It's not that intrusive since people are still talking about individual players and it's sparking discussions, it's not like the League thread where people post irrelevant poo poo all day like how much they love playing swain mid and go on to talk about nothing but their score in games for the following three weeks.

e: I just went back and counted and only 5 pages worth of discussion for the entire season. The first four and a half pages where people getting teams together, the last two pages were people talking about their scores. That's more than manageable since we only have three leagues this year. If there's more than 7 people who want discussion split then I'll make another thread but if it's only one or two, yeah deal w/ it nerds.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jan 26, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Sorry but this offer is only open to LCS pro gamers...

im going pro next year, just you watch and wait and be disappointed you didnt take the offer when you had the chance!!!!!!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
It's annoying having 3 pages of posts about your fantasy teams when a lot of us are not involved at all so I vote for a split

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Slaapaav posted:

i would also like to be known professionally by the screen name i made when i was 15

Is that you YoungBuck?

How Rude posted:

It's annoying having 3 pages of posts about your fantasy teams when a lot of us are not involved at all so I vote for a split

:agreed:

It was fine when the LCS hadn't started yet, but now it's becoming a bit overkill.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
We can move our fantasy discussions to the boards attached to our leagues. It's not perfect but that is what those are for.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
More NA LCS stuff:

1. Gravity looks worse than I thought they would.
2. Impulse's communication issues may end up being a big hindrance, and I'm not sure how much better they'll be with Impact.
3. Liquid is going to be significantly better when they get Piglet and I think they're my #1 NA team right now.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

How Rude posted:

Welcome to life in literally any other thread, where people ramble about bullshit you don't care about.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Except for life in sports threads, which universally had fantasy talk banned because nobody liked it haha.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

More NA LCS stuff:

1. Gravity looks worse than I thought they would.
2. Impulse's communication issues may end up being a big hindrance, and I'm not sure how much better they'll be with Impact.
3. Liquid is going to be significantly better when they get Piglet and I think they're my #1 NA team right now.
Liquid, Coast, and Winterfox are probably going to look strongest out of weak 2. TSM will need a while to really mesh with their jungler and warm up, and Cloud9 needs to figure out what they need to fix before they end up in relegations.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Except for life in sports threads, which universally had fantasy talk banned because nobody liked it haha.

Hopefully we can steer the thread in more appropriate fantasy-related directions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNcxFUHcgqk

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If we ban Fantasy LCS in this thread I'm going to force Thoorin discussions every day as Uacuit comes in and defends racism just like last season when we split the thread.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

Sexpansion posted:

Impulse's coach is apparently really good (Coached Jin Air Stealths to respectability last year), and should be arriving at the same time as Impact. Also, Rush had only been in NA for a couple of days before the first week of LCS. I'm hoping to see Impulse ramp up really hard with practice.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

archduke.iago posted:

Impulse's coach is apparently really good (Coached Jin Air Stealths to respectability last year), and should be arriving at the same time as Impact. Also, Rush had only been in NA for a couple of days before the first week of LCS. I'm hoping to see Impulse ramp up really hard with practice.

I really like XWX so I'd like to see them pull it together. If they do iron out their communication issues I could see them being in the upper tier of teams, depending on how their botlane shakes out.

More NA LCS thoughts:

Xsmithie looks pretty good for not having played in a while, but I guarantee CLG will not be one of the best teams in the region this year, even with Zion.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Impulse is going to be one of those hyper-aggressive teams that will win because they've got the best mechanics and teamfighting, but lose whenever they need to think about what to do next. They'll still be a whole lot of fun to watch.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

I really like XWX so I'd like to see them pull it together. If they do iron out their communication issues I could see them being in the upper tier of teams, depending on how their botlane shakes out.

More NA LCS thoughts:

Xsmithie looks pretty good for not having played in a while, but I guarantee CLG will not be one of the best teams in the region this year, even with Zion.

I don't think Zion is an upgrade over Seraph. Zion's never played for a team that has finished higher than 5th. That's about CLG's ceiling in this league I think. Zion's also never demonstrated any kind of competency on any champions that aren't hyper-scaling melee carries.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

I don't think Zion is an upgrade over Seraph. Zion's never played for a team that has finished higher than 5th. That's about CLG's ceiling in this league I think. Zion's also never demonstrated any kind of competency on any champions that aren't hyper-scaling melee carries.
I've seen him play really good Supertanks like Mundo, but the issue is that he's the Doublelift of top lane, and now CLG basically has two doublelifts that will fight one another on the chance to split push all game and attempt to carry completely on their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
(Hopefully) better communication is the only thing I think Zion is going to add to CLG compared to Seraph unless toplane hyper carries make a return.

• Locked thread